‹ Prequel: Over Christmas Break
Sequel: Hope For Moving On
Status: complete

Over Spring Break

We Have More to Celebrate

“Did Jenny tell you?” he nodded. “Well, you are and if kissing means anything, I’d say we are back together.”

“Good, you two are good for each other.”

“Thanks, Jon. Did you and Jenny hit it off or was I just imagining things?”

“I think we did. I invited the two of you to go out with us to celebrate if you want.”

“I’m really not up for going out,” I replied as we reached his stall.

“Okay, I’ll take you back to my place before going out then, sound okay? You can stay with Dave.”

“Sounds great,” I nonchalantly replied with a smirk. He smiled back and looked around the crowded locker room. He left me to go shower and I walked around to find Jenny chatting with Viktor Stalberg. I instead headed towards Mrs. Toews.

“Harper, how are you? David said he hasn’t heard from you since Christmas. I was a little worried. From the little time I actually got to meet you, I knew you were good for him. You’re a lot different from Lily.”

“I’ve been really busy this semester at school. My class load is a bit heavier than the last. But I’m transferring schools next year. I want to be closer to home. And I hadn’t completely forgiven David until today.”

“I understand. What makes you want to move closer?” she asked to keep up with the conversation.

“Mom, don’t barter my girlfriend with questions right now,” David came and saved me from answering.

“So I’m your girlfriend, then?” he smiled and placed a short kiss on my lips before wrapping an arm around my waist.

“You two are adorable. I’ll leave you alone. We’ll be heading to the airport than. Great game,” Mrs. Toews told her son and she hugged us both before saying goodbye.

“Thanks for coming, I love you both. Call when you get home and leave a message please?” his parents just nodded and left. He too left me to hit the showers but Jon returned.

“David said he’d take you back and hang with you at the apartment.”

“He should celebrate the game though.”

“He wants to have some time with you. And I’m guessing you didn’t tell Mom and Dad.”

“Nope.”

“I didn’t think you would. But you know the next time you see her, you won’t be able to hide it.”

“I know, Jon.” I said as David returned.

“Are you ready to go?” he asked me.

“I don’t want you to miss out on celebrating your first game, David.”

“You and I have way more to celebrate,” he whispered in my ear. I found myself just agreeing and following him to Jon’s car since Jon was going with Jenny and the guys to celebrate.

We made it to the car in silence where he opened my car door but stopped me from getting in by planting a hot kiss on my lips. It got a little heavy and when we split apart, our breath was ragged. I got in while he put his and his brother’s equipment in the back of the Traverse and then into the driver’s seat. He smiled and got us on the Chicago streets before he took my hand in his. He rubbed circles between my thumb and forefinger which helped me really relax after the tension of the game.
He pulled into the same underground parking garage as he had at Christmas except this time he parked in the tenant’s space. He opened my door for me before grabbing the equipment and we headed to the elevator and up to the pent house apartment. I knew Jon lived there, seeing as I was there for Christmas, but it was still weird. Going into the pent house, David discarded the hockey bags into the little room off the elevator hall. He than grabbed my hand and led me further into the apartment.

“I forgot how big this place was,” was my immediate comment. He smiled back at me and stopped at what Jon likes to call ‘the red room.’ He had red, black, and brown rooms while his own personal bedroom contained all three colors. “The red room?” was my question. He didn’t reply, just opened the door and everything David had back at my mom’s was now in the red room. “You moved here, with Jon?” he sheepishly nodded. “I never would’ve thought you’d move in with Jon so I could be comfortable in my own home.”

“I told you, I fell hard for you too, Harper. And I meant it. The life I lead doesn’t give me the pleasure of getting to know someone very well. Hockey players come and go for nine months of the year. And when you just came in and made yourself a home in my life, I wasn’t going to just let you go completely. You didn’t care who I was or who I was related to, you were just different. And yes, I want you. I’d like to think you feel the same too.”

“Of course I do, David. I’m going to tell you something I’ve only ever told one man before, okay?” he nodded. I leaned up and whispered in his ear that I loved him. He smiled because I had told him just the day before Christmas Eve that I was in love with him. He quickly put two and two together to know that he was the only person I had ever told I love them to besides family.

“I love you too, Harper. Don’t ever forget it either because I’m going to be there for you and our baby,” his hands went to my waist where one settled on my slight bump. “Who knows about the baby?” he asked as he let go off me and went to find us both some clothes to sleep in.

“My mom, Jenny, my college roommate, Jon, and Sam, that’s it.”

“Okay, when would you like to tell everyone, including my parents?”

“Your parents should probably know before we tell everyone else. But I think we should wait until after my first doctor’s appointment tomorrow.”

He handed me a pair of shorts and a t-shirt from his stuff. I started to strip out of the clothes I had worn to the game in front of him, not even caring. Once I was left in just the t-shirt I had stolen from him and my underwear he stopped me.

“You stole my shirt! I was looking for that since Christmas!” he sounded appalled that I stole his shirt. I just laughed and slid on the shorts. He stopped me again to kiss me. This led to us getting tangled in the sheets, not doing a thing besides making out.

“David, I’m not ready for more than this right now,” I told him when we stopped to catch our breath.

“I know,” he kissed my cheek and helped me change shirts. He than pulled me close with another kiss. “This is better than drinking with the guys,” he announced. I smiled and kissed his bare chest. I snuggled in as close as I could to him as he flipped the TV on so he could watch sports center. I fell asleep ten minutes later, which happened to be the fastest since I left Chicago on Christmas Eve. I dreamt of my life with David that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter, so I actually want 4 comments this time. I have 30 subscribers and 10 comments, come on guys! I know you like the story, so please, don't be a silent reader. If you all comment, I will comment on something of yours?! But I need that four comments of no one gets a comment on their stuff and only those who do comment get a comment in return.