Summer With the Bertram Brothers

Chapter 15

My best friend calls.
“Let’s go clubbing!” Winnie shouts through my phone. I frown.
“Um, we’re not legal age, first of all—”
“So-o?” she sings, “This guy I know says he can let us in. Come on! It’ll be so much fun! It’s summer for crying out loud.”
“I just got home...”
“Good! Get dressed and I’ll pick you up!” Winnie orders and hangs up the phone. I sigh and stare into my closet. I don’t have anything to wear, I think. I text Winnie back, telling her to bring something for me. In the meantime, I curl my hair with Eva’s curling iron. She’s not home so she can’t hurt me when I use her stuff. All I can think about is Trim. He fills every inch of my mind. I bite my lip just thinking about what happen between us. I hate that it ended. We just hung out by the beach holding hands the whole morning. Although I wanted to stay with him, he brought me back home.

Finally, Winnie comes inside. She drops a bag on my bed. She wore a black sequence dress.
“I hope you can dance in 5 inches,” she winks. My mouth drops taking out the high heels she brought.
“Winnie, that’s too high for me,” I pout. She shrugs coolly. She goes in front of my mirror, prepping herself.
“Your hair’s great curly!” she twists and tugs my curls.

After applying tonnes of red lipstick, we grab a taxi to Lakeshore. Then she leads me to the back of a building. I look around at the creepy area and stick to Winnie closely. There’re concrete stairs going down in the lot leading to a big metallic door, resonating booming music. Winnie gives a couple of hard hits on the door. It opens, revealing colourful lights and smoky air. A big guy lets us in without checking anything. We walk down some more metallic stairs as the party is going off.
“Where are the drinks?!” Winnie shouts over the music. She grabs my hand and we land in the middle of the dance floor. People dance around, grinding and whatnot. Winnie is pulled aside by some stranger, completely ditching me. Before I knew it, she’s dancing sandwiched between two older guys. I walk over the dance area and into the lounge, that’s more exclusive. The place is still buzzing with people and the bar is packed. I manage to weave my way through the crowd to the front of the queue to get a drink. I hope the bartender won’t ask me anything. I feel somebody breathing on my bare shoulder.
“Hey doll,” I hear. I ignore, waiting for the bartender. I feel a hand land on my butt, “What are you doing here, all sexed up?”
I jerk up and smack what was Rico’s hand. Surprised, I push him away from me.
“What the hell?”
I watch him grin.
“Aren’t you underage?” he asks, with a silly face.
“I’ll be eighteen in a few months,” I shrug.
“Who’d you come here with?”
I twist back around and lean on the counter.
“None of you business,” I say, although it’s obvious I’m here with Winnie because this is not my particular scene. Rico leans next to me and calls out the barman for two mixed drinks and a shot. I look elsewhere and stick my hand in my hair. He hands me the small glass and takes his shot. Drink after drink, I start to feel tipsy. Several pints of Kronenberg and double vodka and Red bull’s later I start to feel the effects of the alcohol. I try to finish my drink before Rico pulls me back on the dance floor. He walks behind me and extend his arms, trapping me to his body. I move my body to the beat against his. I close my eyes and put my hands up, feeling him press on me. He put his hands on me. Somewhere in my alcohol influenced brain, it registers that I probably shouldn’t be allowing him to do this. I shake my head as the bass kicks. I pretend I’m dancing with Trim in my head. But then I think. No, Trim would dance slow with me... and touch me softly... I grin to myself, thinking about dirty things. I open back my eyes and turn to Rico. I push him, and wag my fingers a no to him.
“I don’t think so mister,” I say, slobbering my vowels. I walk off, but then suddenly, he tugs me from behind, dragging someplace.
“Hey,” I yell. He takes me to a secluded bathroom where the lights were too dim to see anything clearly. He keeps pushing me back until my legs hit the surface of the sinks. He makes me sit, spreading my legs far apart, and jamming his lips on mine. I whine in his mouth and turn my head away, panting. He stares in my eye, lust written all over his face.
“Fuck off!” I state, out of breath. Instead, he grabs my face back to his and kisses me violently. I beat his shoulder for him to stop. He takes my wrists in his hand and pinning the down to the wall.
“Quit it!” I demand. I give him excuse that he’s drunk. He grins, letting me go. No, I don’t feel anything for him. I can’t. I leave the bathrooms, furious. Just as I walk outside, I start laughing at myself. He’s toying around with me.

Next morning, I stumble all the way, trying to find Advil in the house. I swallow two as fast as I can. My head is still pounding a little from last night and I despise the feeling. Outside is too humid to leave the house. So I stay up watching TV soaps.
Eva comes and sits next to me.
“Hey,” I say.
“Hey,” she replies, “I heard you went partying to Lakeshore.”
I nod, rubbing my head. There’s no point lying when you’re recovering from a hangover.
“Mom seems a lot better now,” I change the subject.
“How long is that going to last?” she says, rolling her eyes. She’s right it’s the same thing every time. She’s coming on to be bipolar, in my view. One week she looks like she’s dead and the other she’s completely back to normal.
“You know,” Eva starts slowly, “I was stuck cleaning the bathroom yesterday evening…”
I look at her, frozen in time. She looks at me with sly eyes.
“Who came over, yesterday?”
“What?” I pretend to not hear her.
“Clothes on the floor. Cum in the tub. You’re sloppy, you know that! What guy did you bring and have sex in the bathroom?” she laughs loudly. My face turns scarlet red.
“Nobody!” I scream back, “I mean I didn’t have sex—”
“Ambi,” she forces.
I drop my head back and stare at the ceiling.
“Trim was over yesterday,” I admit, “We didn’t do anything. We tried to do something, but we didn’t get that far.”
“I don’t understand,” she says robotically.
I frown, “You know what I mean.”
“Please tell me the details,” she grins. I blush, thinking about.
“We bathed together.”
My insides warming up at the thought.
“Bathed?” she asks, scoffing, “That’s all?”
“We kissed and bathed!” I shout.
“And?” she pokes my arm.
“And he fingered me,” I say out loud.
“Wow,” Eva sings, “Little Ambi’s becoming a woman. Can’t believe I missed it.”
“Shut up, will you?” I say, feeling a lazy smile form on my face.
She snickers, “I bet you gave him a good blow too, huh?”
“No!” I scream.
“Hand job?” she asks. I sigh.
“We never ended up… you know, doing it… Mother came home.”
“Better luck next time,” she says, nonchalant.
“Okay, miss I know everything about sex,” I say back.
She eyes me, “Trim, huh? Rico’s brother? How did you get him to like you?”
“I’m not like you, Eva.”
“I was fourteen when I lost my cherry,” she randomly states, “I don’t remember with whom. I think it was Jeremy Sullivan.”
“What’s your point?”
“No there was no point—Anyway, let me know when you hook up with him.”
“You maybe sleep around and don’t think much of it… but it’s a big deal to me,” I say. She looks down.
“That’s because you’re so inexperienced,” she replies.
“I like Trim. A lot,” I confess, “I want to experience it with him.”
She senses my uncertainty, “But?”
I sigh heavily, “But it’s summer. Summer always ends. I don’t want it to, but that how it goes. He’s probably been with many girls before he met me. So, I might not mean that much to him. I’m afraid of losing what we have.”
“Then just go out with another guy. Everybody hooks up in the summer and, yes it does always end. Summer flings, you know,” Eva explains.
“I’m not like you to jump from one dick to the next.”
“It’s not about being like me or not. It’s about enjoying yourself without regrets. Fuck him until he forgets his name and then move on.”
We then laugh at her bold statement. It’s the first time I feel like Eva’s being a big sister to me, although our conversation is pretty out there.
“So, tell me,” Eva changes the channel, “How big is Trim’s cock?”