Summer With the Bertram Brothers

Chapter 21

With a hot head, my eyelids lift up. My chest is aching and my fingers are trembling. I breathe cold air through my dry mouth. Confused, I rub my moist eyes and sit up, seeing Trim still next to me, half asleep. I couldn’t think straight. Mom… The thoughts fill my conscience bringing on stingy tears.
“She isn’t coming back,” I say out loud with a stuffy voice. I clutch the covers beneath me to control my grief. I see Trim shuffling in the darkness, awaken from my shaky body. He sits up and turns the lamp on by the night table. I see the blue walls around me. He brushes his curls away from his face and looks at me closely.
“Hey,” he whispers to me, wiping my tear away. I reach out to hug him as I burry my face in his shoulder. His warmth melts me and calms me down.
“Why am I here?”
“I couldn’t leave you alone,” Trim answers.
“It’s my fault.”
Trim shakes his head, “It’s not your fault.”
“It’s my fault for being so careless. I should have done something…” my voice cracks, “I should have taken care of her. It’s not fair. It’s not fair!”
I shut my eyes tightly. Now I hate her. I hate what she’s done. Although I’ll never understand why, I know she’s been selfish. She thought of no one but herself. Killing herself. Killing what is left of our family. There is nothing to cry for anymore.
“I don’t like to see you like this,” I hear Trim speak.
“I don’t like this feeling,” I say. I want to forget everything. I want the world to stop spinning. Because, it’s spinning too fast. Too fast for me. I look up at Trim and try to give him a reassuring smile that I’ll be fine later. I don’t understand how my mother could give up on life so easily. I love life too much. And I’ve lost too much. If I lose Trim, I wouldn’t be ale to live. He strokes the side of my ear, watching me like I’m a complicated painting. I am, I guess.
“Don’t leave me, please,” I say.
He frowns like I spoke in a foreign language, “I won’t.”
I want to feel something else. I want to feel another emotion. I want to feel Trim. I want him to make me feel good.
“Make love to me,” I murmur.
“Do you know what you’re saying?” he tilts his head to the side.
“Yes, I know. I want you.”
I watch his head drop off his shoulders, “I couldn’t do that—take advantage of you when you’re like this.”
“Yes, you can.”
“You’re not thinking straight, Ambi,” Trim sighs. I quickly interrupt him as I lower my palm to his sensitive area. He holds his breath and closes his eyes.
“Please, Trim. I don’t want anything else. Just you,” I admit. He looks deep in my eyes and lets out his breath.
“Okay,” he replies, landing a tender kiss on my quivering lips. I part my lips tasting his tongue. I lie back down atop the icy sheets and feel his hands on me. I wrap my arms around him, pulling him closer, feeling him moulding his body against mine. I inhale through my nose as Trim’s warm hands find their way in my shirt. He moves his mouth away from me, leaving me breathless. I can feel his heart pounding against mine. He crosses his arms and pulling the hem of his shirt over his head. Then he slips off my top. I don’t break away from his gaze. He moves in closer, pulling my legs to his sides. He runs his fingertips down my stomach. I had to swallow before I could utter any words out of my throat.
“I’m sorry…” I say.
“What for?” he asks, tucking my hair behind my ear.
“For being selfish,” I answer. He smiles and leans for our lips to touch.
“You can be selfish anytime you want,” he says gently.
He journeys down my body, exploring my skin with his lips. He pulls the straps of my bra off my shoulders and leaves kisses across my chest. He slides his hands to the waist of my pants and stretches them off my body. Undressing me, I feel his kisses draw lower and lower. My pulse speeds up as I try to breathe. He leans his head between my legs and flicks his tongue on my clit. I let a moan escape my throat. Trim’s tongue trails moist kisses making me gasp for air as I dig my hands on the mattress. If I could speak, I’d tell him that he’s doing all the right things to me. He sucks on me softly as his fingers rub me up. He levels back up to meet with my eyes. I watch him lick his lips and he watches me pant. He washes me with his hot breaths and his fingers take over. Aroused and restless, I raise my hands up into his curls. Trim slowly works his fingers in and out, probing deeper with every gentle thrust.
“Trim—” I gasp.
He never ceases to spark me with excitement. He melts me with his touch. He teases my body with his kisses, which aches for him so bad. Impatient, I wrap my legs around his waist, feeling his hard penis. He eases himself, gently pressing into me. My tightness makes him groan. He kissed my eyelids, them my lips, tenderly opening my mouth and letting his tongue wander. I bend my legs and rock my hips, moaning of the pleasurable feeling Trim is giving me. He kisses me harder, takes over my hips and thrusts faster inside me. I call out his name. My heart dances uncontrollably in my chest. He cures me. I’m just drowning in him. I feel the rush inside me. Trim clutches the sheets on either side of me and thrusts harder than ever, making my whole body to glide up and down. His speed forces another orgasm to roll through me, lost in the climax. He presses deep inside me, holding still as he releases his tense fists, his body shuddering as he came.
“Oh, Ambi,” he collapses his weight on my body. It’s impossible for me to breathe. I fumble my hands in his hair as he kisses my neck. I wish this moment could last forever.