Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Dillon

Everybody hates Mondays. I hate Mondays. My peers hate Mondays. Employees hate Mondays. Even some teachers hate Monday. Nothing good ever happens on a Monday. But today we have a pep rally, for opening the soccer season.

In first period, they announced it and now everyone pumped for it. I don’t see why. All that ever happens at them are: The cheerleaders cheer, the dance team performs a number, silly little games with some students, and the captains of whatever team the pep rally is for does a little speech.

I don’t care for them. I’d rather just stay in class and draw.

It was during English when I got called to go to Coach’s office. He was sitting at his desk, playing with his phone.

“Coach, you wanted to see me?” I asked.

“Hey, Dillon, take a seat.”

I looked at the chair in front of me and then sat in it. He put his phone down and looked over at me.

“How are you?” He asked.

“Umm . . . pretty good.”

“Yeah?” His eyebrows rose up for a second.

“Uh . . . Yeah.”

“Hmm . . . How do you like playing third base?” He sat back in his chair.

“Well, it is my favorite spot . . . so I love it. Why?”

“Well, there is another player who wants to play that position some. . .” He trailed off.

. . . What? Who would want my spot?

“Who?”

“Quin. I told him that I couldn’t really make the decision if he could have it. So. . .”

“Umm . . . I’m confused. Quin wants my position and you’re giving it to him?” I asked, feeling a little upset because I might loose my favorite spot.

“No,” Coach said quickly, “I . . . just want to ask you if it would be okay if Quin could play that spot half the games. Say like . . . you play your spot and he plays his spot and then halfway through the game y’all switch. Quin is good player and I think . . .it would be good for both of you to play both positions equally. . .It could help you out on your throwing, trying to make it go longer.”

I sat there with my mouth open, taking in what Coach was telling me. I can’t really say no or can I? I look up at Coach to see him waiting for my agreement.

I sighed. “I guess . . . but I get to play the first half of all games on third base.”

He nodded. “Okay.”

“Well, I guess I’ll go now. . .”

He nodded again.

I got up and left the office and headed back to English. Garret and Grant were sitting across from each other. They were bent over the table as they were whispering to each other. Their faces were really close, and I didn’t like that. I walked over to them, sitting in my assigned seat that was in between Garret and Chandler.

“What you guys talking about?” I asked them.

Grant looked at me and said, “Nothing.” He grinned and pulled away from Garret who laughed. Grant laughed too and I was confused.

“Um. . .” I trailed off.

“Grant, go back to your seat.” Mrs. Redmond said from her desk. We looked at her, and Grant made an ugly face at her and got up.

“See ya.” He muttered.

“Uh. . . He was telling me a joke.” Garret explained.

“Um, okay.” I turned my head to Chandler to say hi but he was asleep. So I faced Garret again who was doodling. It looked like he was drawing a cat.

“Nice.” I muttered.

“I know, I’m as good as you.” He grinned.

“Ha-ha, you’re funny,” I rolled my eyes, playfully, “So. . . Quin is getting to play third base for half of every game. . .” I told him.

He turned to meet my stare. “Yeah?” He put his pencil down.

I nodded. “That’s what Coach wanted to talk about.” I informed him.

“So. . .did he ask you if it was okay or tell you like this is what going to happen –“

I cut him off. “Yeah, he asked me.”

He looked confused. “And you said yeah.”

I shrugged. “Yeah. I don’t care anymore.”

“Oh.”

At the pep rally, I sat with my friends in the crowded bleachers. It was loud and I was ready to get out of there and it hasn’t even really started. The cheerleaders were in the middle of the gym floor and the dance team was lined up on the sidelines. The band was on the other bleachers, playing their instruments. The principal was at the entrance of the gym and teachers were scattered all throughout the gym. Why did we have to have these stupid things during school hours? Why couldn’t they just be right after last period ends and the people that don’t want to go don’t have to.

“Hey. Stand up, loser!” Chandler directed to me. I didn’t notice it, but everyone around me was up. So I joined them . . . even though I hate these things.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter really sucks, I know. But it's to show that Dillon doesn't like pep rallys. So I guess you could that's one way he's different from the kind of people he hangs out with. Also to inform you guys that Dillon now has to share his position on the team. . .

Up next: Garret's P.O.V - Liam comes over to hang out. . .

What do you guys think will happen?

Another hint: I have a spring break planned in the story after the next 5 or 6 chapters. The next 5 0r 6 chapters are important too, but I have planned something 'big' to happen on the spring break. Lol.

Also I wanted to say THANK YOU to those 14 awesome subscribers and those 2 awesome reccomenders!!
XD

Laura x