Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Garret

Wednesday night.

I took out my phone to see Liam has texted back. He’s heading over here right now to ‘hang out’. But really I just wanted to ask him what the fuck was going on with Dillon. I’d figure Liam would know since those two were close. But I don’t know why I think I should be asking someone else beside the guy himself, Dillon, what was up with him? Shouldn’t I already know? I am one of best friends. . .

Maybe I didn’t confront Dillon about this whole thing because of what that note said. It clearly said he was having ‘those admiring-like thoughts’ of me. But Dillon can’t be gay. He has Hannah. I’m his friend.

But could there be the possibility that Dillon thinks of me as something more?

I don’t know. I don’t understand it. I’m confused. And that’s why I invited Liam over to ask him.

If there’s one thing I know about Dillon, is can’t keep his problems to himself. He’s always asked me for advice back when he and Hannah started dating.

Or could he just be sad just for the reason that he has to share his position on the team now?
Maybe I’m over-thinking this too much. But there’s just something wrong with him. I can feel it.

There was a knock at the door and I went to the kitchen. I opened the front door and Liam stood there with his keys and phone in his hand.

“Hey.” He smiled and I let him in.

“Hey, Liam.”

When I called Liam earlier to tell him I wanted to hang out, I said I just wanted a movie buddy because I rented a new scary movie. He made the comment and I quote, “Don’t you do those kinds of things with Dillon?” I told him that I always do stuff with Dillon or Chandler and that we never really hang out, and I saw this as an opportunity to. He agreed with it.

“So what movie did you rent?” He asked as we walked to my living room.

“Uh. . . Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark.”

“Coolio! I heard it was good.” He plopped down on the couch.

I looked around for a second. Should I ask him now or later. . . . I went with later.
“I’m gonna go get popcorn. Want a drink?” I looked over at him to see him texting.
“Yeah.”

I made the popcorn and got a sprite for me.

“Want pepsi or sprite?” I yelled for Liam to here.

“Pepsi!”

I grabbed a pepsi too and headed back to the kitchen. I seated myself next to Liam and pressed play. Throughout the movie, Liam was texting at times and I was kind of watching the movie. It was a good movie but I had other things on my mind.

“Brb. Gotta pee.” Liam got up and headed to the hallway. I paused the movie and waited for him to get done.

When he came back out and was situated back on the couch, I decided that now is the time.
“Liam.” I grabbed his attention away from his phone.

“Yeah?” He looked up to make eye contact but I looked down as I asked, “Umm. . . I know it was probably a joke when you said it, but it won’t hurt to ask: Were you serious or playing with me when you said that stuff at that one game I went with you outside? You know, you said that Dillon was taking a liking into to someone else and I asked who. You said me. Do you remember?” I turned my head to Liam. His eyes were wide, like he was kind of shocked.

“Uh. . . Yeah, I was just playing around. Why do you ask?” He answered very quickly.

I sighed. “Well, I’ve noticed Dillon’s been a little weird lately . . . like quiet. And I don’t know what’s up with him. Every time I ask him, he just says something like nothing’s wrong. But . . . I think there is. I think that in some way it has to do something with me or else I would know, right? I am one of his good friends. . . Then I’d figured you would probably know since he talks to you a lot.”

Liam blinked and looked up at the ceiling. He’s doing what he usually does when he’s thinking up a lie.

“Don’t lie to, Liam. I’m just worried.” I said, quietly and looked down.

He starred at me for a few seconds. “You said that Dillon’s acting weird, and you think it has something to do with you or unless Dillon would have told you.” He stated.

“Yes.”

“In what way do you think it has something to do with you?” He asked.

I shrugged. “I don’t know. I was hoping you would just tell me what the fucks up with him.”

Liam sat there and didn’t say anything for a while.

“I found a note in his truck.” I confessed. Liam looked up at me again, his expression was worried like.

“It was between Dillon, I know because I know his handwriting, and someone else. It . . . it said something Dillon was admitting that he was admiring-like thoughts of me.” I finished.
“Garret, what are you asking exactly?”

“Does Dillon like me?” I asked, quietly.

“I don’t know. I wouldn’t know. Dillon has never really told me about his crushes or whatever.” He said.

“Oh.”

I looked back at the screen.

“Uh. . .let’s get back to the movie.” He suggested but still looked worried.

I sighed and unpaused the movie. I’ll figure out what’s wrong with him one way or another.
♠ ♠ ♠
So. Garret asks Liam what's up with Dillon. Obvisiously Liam is lying. Duh, he freaking knows. lol.
What to get from this chapter: Garret thinks Dillon might like him, since that's what it seems like to him.

So which characters do y'all guys like the most?

My favorites are Garret's dad and Dillon. Garret's dad isn't in the story much so far, but he'll be. . .more in it later. Or that's what I have planned. And the way I have him planned out to be later, I love.

Lol.

Laura x