Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Garret

Two weeks later.

Although I’m not really into the whole gay thing, I decided to give Dillon a chance . . . maybe to change my mind. I know this could maybe put our friendship at risk, but it seems like Dillon’s happier when we’re kissing or out so. . . I just hope that if Dillon starts changing his mind or I actually finding a girlfriend that we’ll be able to go back to being good ole best pals. . . But who I am kidding?

I know we won’t be able to. So why am I still doing it?

I told Dillon I wanted to take this whole thing slow. I think that if we did that, Dillon would be able to figure it out what he wants (even though I kind of already know what that is), and who knows, maybe I’ll find out a part of me is actually attracted to guys or something. Dillon thought that was a great idea. In fact, our next (and second) date is this Saturday. We did kiss sometimes during these past two weeks, but that was it.

“Hey. Dude!” Grant grabbed my shoulder and shook me. I snapped out of my thoughts and focused my attention on Grant and Chandler, who were sitting in front of me. “I asked if it was okay if we could study at your house.”

I blinked. What were we talking about again?

“What?” I asked, clearly showing I was confused. Chandler laughed, but it seemed like it only pissed off Grant. I chuckled at his face expression.

“Remember? We agreed to study together for the test tomorrow.”

Oh. “Oh, yeah. Y’all can come over.” I nodded.

Chandler laughed and Grant rolled his eyes. “I swear you only pay attention to either Dillon or Liam.” He muttered.

I slumped in my seat at the mention of my friend’s name. The seat beside me was empty, meaning Dillon wasn’t here. In fact, he’s probably in bed right now. He got sick last night when I was over and hasn’t been feeling good since. He basically has flu symptoms, but Dillon is so stubborn and he won’t go to the doctor. He says it’ll pass and be over with by tomorrow. And by what he’s telling me what’s wrong with him now through text, I don’t think he’ll be well for at least a couple more days.

I pulled out my phone, remembering that I had gotten a text during the lesson that I forgot to read.

Dillon sent: My mom is mean. : (She’s making me go to docs tomorrow if I’m not better. But I don’t want a middle aged man looking me over. . . Would you like to be my doctor? : )

I smiled and shook my head at the text and replied: I’d be a bad doctor. I can’t even tell when I’m sick myself. :/

Another thing we’ve been doing over the past weeks was flirting . . . a lot.

I pocketed my phone at the exact moment I heard Mrs. Redmond telling Grant to go back to his original seat. I’m still surprised she hasn’t written him up yet. She has to tell him to go back to his seat practically all the time. Grant groaned and got up. Chandler looked over at me and smiled.
“So what’s up?” He simply asked. He started playing with his pen.

“Texting Dillon. He says hi.” I told him, even though Dillon probably doesn’t even realize that’s it almost lunch time, therefore probably doesn’t know I’m sitting with Chandler in English.

We went on talking about the upcoming game and I flirted texted Dillon.

When it was around five, Grant and Chandler came over to study. Which I guess we did a little bit of studying but Chandler kept joking around. So after an hour of just looking over the study guide and quizzing each other, we just hung out. This was actually the first time I’ve ever had Grant over, but Chandler’s been here before. I went up to my room for a second to put my hoody up.
When I came back down, I saw Grant playing with my phone. I was alarmed for a moment, thinking that he’s reading the messages between Dillon and I, but my phone has a password. I snatched my phone away playfully and sit down beside him. I kept saying in my head, act cool, act cool. Grant chuckled and muttered something, but I couldn’t make out what he said, so I ignored him. But seriously. . . what if I didn't have a password? What would have happened if Grant did snoop through my messages?

I checked my phone for a message from Dillon, but there wasn’t one yet so I went back to talking with the guys.

When they left around eight, I went to the bathroom to take a shower. Since I was the only one home, I plugged up my iPod in its dock and played some music. I took forever and when I was done, I left the bathroom with the iPod still playing, and went to my room, while singing quietly. I was looking down while I walked to my closet and didn’t notice the figure on my bed. So when I turned around with sweats in my hands, and saw Dillon, I freaked out and screamed like a girl and pull my towel tighter around my hips. Dillon grins and laughs, probably thinking it were funny.

I groaned and pulled out a pair of boxers.

“Aren’t you sick? What are you doing here?” I asked him while going into the hall to quickly pull my boxers on.

I tried walking back in while pulling the sweatpants on at the same time. Dillon was still laughing.

“You should’ve seen your face!” He exclaimed and lied down on my bed. I walked over to him and sat down beside his feet.

“Well?”

He stared at me for a moment before saying, “My mom was bugging me. She kept on coming in and taking my temperature and I just wanted some sleep.”

It was then that I noticed what kind of state his body was in: red and runny nose, his eye half opened, and a little shaky.

“Oh, so you just thought you could do that here, okay. . .” I said, sarcasatically, “How do you even have the flu? Flu season is practically over.”

He shrugged. “I don’t know. I keep on telling mom that it’s just the common cold or something. I’ll be better by tomorrow.” He smiled.

I sighed. “Great, now you got your sick germs all over my bed.”

He chuckled. “I’m sorry.” He said in a small voice.

I looked up at him. “No you’re not, loser.” I got up to walk out, but Dillon stopped.

“Where are you going?”

“To the living room. I don’t wanna get sick.” I informed him, and he whined.

“No. Stay here.” He reached up to pull me to lie beside him, but I pulled away.

“No, Dillon. I don’t wanna get sick. I do have a game tomorrow, you know.” I complained.

“Well sleep on the ground or something. Just stay in here.” He sat up.

I sighed, thinking that even if I went into the living room, Dillon would just come in there. . . .So where ever I sleep, he’s gonna be there.

“Fine. Let me get more covers.”

I walked out and went to get more covers to sleep on. I turned off the iPod when I passed the bathroom and I made my way back to my room. I made my make shift bed of blankets, and Dillon watched. I threw him an extra blanket. “Here. Looks like you need it.” He was still shaking a little.

He smiled and spread out the blanket over cover. “Thank you, babe.”

I’m pretty sure I was blushing because of the pet name, but I already turned off the light, so I didn’t worry about Dillon seeing it. When we were just lying there in the dark, Dillon spoke up. “My mom’s probably pissed that I left while she was in the shower.”

I chuckled and said, “You should have just told her you wanted to sleep, retard.” I wanted to tell him about earlier when Grant was playing with my phone, but he seemed too tired, so I'll just have to talk about it with him later.

We said good night, but I didn't fall asleep so quickly like I usually do. I was still thinking about what would've happened if my phone didn't have a password.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I had something planned totally different for this chapter- like 'fluffy' or whatever. XD I don't know why I just don't like calling it that. It sounds like I'm trying to add clouds or something. :? But I guess my hands wanted Dillon to be or something. And . . . I like how this went so I'm keeping it like this.

I will get the fluff out there sometime. XD

And thanks for the comments! :D