Status: In progress

Arranged Marriage to a Vampire...How Cliche.

Chapter 11- Engagement Parties Bite... Literally Part 1

~Zak Point of View~

I was waiting for Zoe at the bottom of the staircase, our engagement party was going to begin in about ten minutes.

Upon hearing a door click open upstairs, I focused my attention towards the top of the stairs knowing that Zoe would be down shortly. Suddenly Zoe came into my view, in her stunningly purple dress which drew attention to her waist with the jewels that were embroidered there and stopped at the middle of her thighs making her legs look as if they went on for miles.

As she descended down the stairs, she kept her eyes locked with mine and I just waited patiently for her to come to the bottom of the stairs. When Zoe reached the bottom, I walked forward and met her halfway.

"Zoe before we go to our engagement party, you are going to be needing something and I need to remind you about the people at this: the people at this party know this is an arranged marriage and that you are human, but, you mustn't leave my side because there are other vampires who would do anything to prevent me from getting the throne."

"Okay, I got it, but, what is the other thing that I need?" She looked at me confused and I smiled and dug through my suit pocket to find the velvet ring box that held Zoe's engagement ring.

Removing the box from my pocket, Zoe audibly gasped at the small box that I held in my hand.
Slowly opening the box, the sapphire and the diamonds on the ring gleamed from the light that was in the room.

The ring was a princess cute sapphire that I had customized and with smaller diamonds around it all nestled into a white gold band. Looking at Zoe, I could see that she was flabbergasted by the sheer size of the ring.

"May I have your hand?" Asking while holding out my hand out stretched toward her and the ring in my other hand.

Slowly, Zoe lifted her hand and put it into mine, and I slide the ring onto her slim, delicate finger. Still holding her hand, I looked at how the ring fit her. After a few moments, I silently tugged on her hand to snap her back to reality.

Coming out of her daze, Zoe, looked at me then the ring, then back and forth for a minute. I smiled at
her antics, then started to tug her towards the ball room.

"Zak, stop." Zoe said, as she steadied herself on her high heels. I stopped and then offered my arm to her so she could at least have some balance.

Taking my arm, we started to our party. Stopping at the solid oak door, I looked at Zoe to see if she was ready. Looking at her she put on her game face and was ready to brave this hell called a party.

Sighing I opened the doors and walked into hell itself with Zoe by my side.

~Zoe Point of View~

After Zak opened the doors, I felt the eyes of everyone looking at me and the ring getting heavier on my finger, as if it were saying 'EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!!!'.

Zak walked confidently into the room with me in tow to his mother and father. Roza greeted me with a heartwarming smile and a hug.

"You look stunning dear. Purple suits you very well. Well, Zoe, there are people here who would like to meet the future bride of Zak. Please follow me."

I looked at Zak, silently asking him if he was coming with us or not. He gace me a look back saying that I would be fine going by myself.

I started to follow her and then lost her in they abyss of people. I looked around worried, but, there was no sign of her.

'I'm so screwed.'

-To Be Continued-
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is the first part enjoy! Sorry it took forever for me to update, I have been busy with work and school. But, Happy Reading!! Comment/Subscribe.