Status: In progress

Arranged Marriage to a Vampire...How Cliche.

Chapter 6- The Ugly Truth

Chapter 6

~Alec point of view~

Coming into the kitchen, I could see Zoe standing on top of a kitchen chair looking fearfully at the smooth hardwood flooring. Zak was pinching his nose in between his index finger and thumb sighing irritated.

“What happened? Why is Zoe on a chair?” I questioned looking between Zoe and Zak.

Removing his fingers from his nose, Zak looked at me annoyed and said,

“Well, someone here is a little scaredy cat and freaked out about a damn mouse that just scurried across the floor. Now she refuses to come down from the chair until I find the mouse and kill it or get rid of the damned thing.”

Sighing, and looked up at Zoe, who still stood on the chair looking for the small creature.

“Zoe come down from the chair. I don’t believe the mouse will come back and bug you anymore.

Plus I think one of the servants have taken the ‘mouse’ outside and/or killed it.” I stated as I stretched my hand out to help her down from the chair.

Hesitantly, she put her hand in mine and made her way down the chair, but, always kept her eyes trained to the floor fearing the mouse would come back.

“Zak why don’t you take Zoe back to your room and let her rest. She must have a really long day today and tomorrow is a big day.” Roza stated patting Zak on the top of his hand in a comforting fashion.

Zak grabbed Zoe and led her to their room. I waited for them to leave and then I turned to my wife and said;

“I wonder how a mouse got into the kitchen. I thought the exterminator got them all last time or did he?”

“Well, he might have been useless and Alec he was a cat. Plus you threw him out when he clawed up your old desk.” Roza said, with a slight smile on her beautiful face and a sparkle in her blue eyes.

Taking Roza into my arms, I nuzzled into her sweet smelling hair. Sighing in contentment I pulled back and looked into her eyes and said,

“The party tomorrow is going to be long and painful if you don’t mind me saying.”

“You think all parties are long and painful. Even our inauguration party you were being a wine baby.”

I pouted, and she just smiled at me and kissed me chastely and grabbed my hand then tugged me towards our room, with a slight eagerness and a smile. I allowed her to pull me to our room and smiled the whole way there.

~Zoe Point of View~

Zak took my small, dainty hand in his large hand and led me up the stairs to my…err….our room so that I could rest up for our ‘engagement’ party tomorrow. Which I thought was going to be hell for me and the guests.

My dress had been already picked out by Roza because she said and I quote ‘You must look presentable to the guests and you must look like you belong.’

What a bunch of bull shit, I could look presentable. I’m no damn five year old; I could pick out my own clothes.

Finally making our way into our room, I went into our walk-in closet and grabbed some pajamas and changed into them.

Coming out of the closet, I made my way to my large and very comfortable bed then flopped down on my stomach starting to fall asleep.

“Zoe, wake up. We still need to talk.” Zak had murmured into my ear, causing me to sit up and glare at him.

“What if I wanted to sleep, huh? What the fuck do you want anyway?” I questioned, in my post-sleep voice.

“Mother asked me to talk to you about what is going to happen at the party tomorrow.” Zak stated sitting at the edge of the bed beside me.

“Alright, what’s going to happen then?” I questioned looking at him suspiciously.

He sighed and moved to get more comfortable on the large bed.

“First you are going to get ready, with the help of a make-up artist and the hairdresser that my mother has hired for you use. After you are dressed and ready to go, I will come up and give you the engagement ring. After doing so, we will go to the ball room and mingle, dance, and eat.

When the party is done we will come back up here and rest or whatever you want to do after the party.”

“How long is this ‘party’ going to last?” I made quotation marks with my fingers while I said party.

“It depends on how long mother would like us there and how long the guests are there.” He shrugged with no care.

“Is that all we need to talk about or is there more?” I said, while lying back onto the bed and snuggling into the fluffy pillows.

“No there isn’t more. Zoe, can you do something for me?”

“What?”

“Please don’t go downstairs at all tonight. At all, not even for a glass of water.” He flipped me over and looked directly into my eyes as he said this.

Not trusting my own words, I merely nodded my head.

“Good. Now you may go to sleep and please heed my advice. Don’t. Go. Down. Stairs.”

Ignoring him, I roll over and fall asleep. Before I fell asleep, I swore I heard Zak say something about feeding.

~Zak Point of View~

Making sure that Zoe was asleep, I made my way out of the room. Tonight was when the feeders were coming. If you don’t know what a ‘feeder’ is then, a feeder is a human who will willingly give blood up to us.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I could see father and mother waiting in the living room for the feeders to arrive.

After what seemed like an hour, our feeders arrived. ‘Finally,’ I thought gratefully to myself.

Vampires only need to feed once a week, only more when we are weak or have been wounded.
We can either drink from humans or animals, either can satisfy the bloodlust. Vampires also don’t kill to survive; a human receives certain pheromones, which causes them to feel pleasure and not pain.

Looking over the feeders, I choose a slightly tall, blonde with black hair. She walked over to me and tilted her head to the side giving me access to her smooth neck. Just looking at it, I could feel my fangs start to elongate and my eyes turn black from the bloodlust in me.

Without a second thought, I bit into her neck and the room filled her moans of ecstasy. The blood pooled into my mouth and I drank greedily, not wanting to stop.

~Zoe Point of View~

After Zak left, I couldn’t fall asleep at all. I tried to read a book. That didn’t work at all, even though it was my favorite book also. Playing music, didn’t help either, I needed to get a glass of warm milk. That would do the trick, it helped me when I lived at my parents it should help me now too.

As I reached for the door handle, I thought of what Zak had said, ‘Don’t leave this room for any reason.’

Debating in my mind, I could go and get milk than come back up and fall asleep or I could not go and stay up here until I fell asleep on my own.

Opting for the first option, I slightly opened up the door peeking my head out. Looking left and right, I saw that the coast was clear and I could make a run for the kitchen.

Before I even reached the kitchen, I could hear someone moaning.

‘What the fuck is going on here?’ I thought to myself, as I peeked into the room where the moans where coming from.

What I saw shocked me, Zak had his face buried into another woman’s neck. Probably noticing me watching him, his head lifted from her neck and turned around and looked in my general direction.

His eyes were pitch black and around his mouth were dripping with blood. Slowly I started to back away, with my hand over my mouth keeping my scream in.

I tried to make it to the stairs but everything went black before I could even reach them.

**
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy reading everyone. I hope you like it. -Bewarez_I_Bite