The Alpha's Baby

Chapter 11

It is so sweet of Adam to stay with me. When we got to my room, he was a little skittish. I had climbed into bed and he was standing at the foot looking at the floor. He was twiddling his thumbs, he looked like a preschooler who got didn't get picked to play dodge ball. He stood there for ten agonizing minutes. He didn't look at me once the entire time.

"What's wrong?" I asked worry in my voice. He looked like he was going to faint. His skin was all clammy and he was pale.

"I've never shared a bed with anyone, let alone a girl." He said laughing nervously.

"You don't have to do it." I said trying to show him that I wasn't trying to be forceful.

"No! I want to." He replied. "If you haven't noticed, I'm not the most popular with the women." He looked down at his feet.

"Why is that?" I asked him. I didn't see why it was so hard for him to find a girl. Even if they weren't serious, he deserved somebody. I'm not saying I'm all for being with someone who isn't your mate, but sometimes you have to take what you can get. Me? I don't think I know what I want. I'm the most confused person in the world right now. I know its only going to get worse as my pregnancy progresses. I'll be having mixed emotions and mood swings pretty soon. Huh, funny. My wolf acts that way already.

"I'm not the most attractive guy in the world." He whispered. I looked at him absolutely appalled. How could he really believe that? Just because he didn't have girls crawling all over him it doesn't mean he's an ugly person. Adam is very easy on the eyes, if its his scar he's worried about then he's worried for nothing. The scar has a story, not a very funny one, but it adds to his already amazing personality.

"If you're ugly, I'm ugly." I said crossing my arms. "Are you calling me ugly Adam?" I asked jokingly.

"I guess I am pretty hot if you put it like that." He said joyfully. "I'm nothing compared to you, but-" He said smiling. We laughed together for a few moment then fell silent. I don't want to pressure him into this, I don't want him to feel like I'm taking advantage of him. Surprising the hell out of me, Adam slowly climbed into the bed beside me. I gave him a shy smile, and he returned it. I snuggled myself under the covers, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him. His arms felt so good wrapped around me, they weren't Roman's but they will do.

"Thank you Adam." I whispered. He could have told me to suck it up and to get over, he could have told me to put my feeling in my pocket and keep trucking.he's too nice to say it even if he wanted to. He's only mean when he has to be. I'm sure he would have done it for any girl in my position, unless he had his mate. I hope he finds her soon, He's too good of a guy to be alone.

"You're welcome, Denae." He whispered sleepily. "Now go to sleep." Luckily my wolf was only whimpering sadly instead of howling. I guess Adam brings the both of us some kind of comfort. I smiled to myself and let myself drift off to sleep.

************************************************************************************************************

I knew I was dreaming for two reasons: Roman was being his old sweet self, before the change, and I was at his- our house back in Colorado. I recognized those solid white walls that I had stared at for many hours. For some reason I was extremely happy that I was with him. He was kissing my face sweetly and I swear it felt so real. The sparks felt like they should feel, they made me long for him. Not like when he was being an ass, his touch still felt good, but this felt wonderful.

I felt like I had my mate and he was never the animal my awake self knew he was. I could feel my body heating up for his, my wolf needed him and I needed him too. I couldn't stop anything the dream me was doing, but after a while I didn't want to. He was bringing me such happiness and peace and I felt loved. I could clearly see that I was pregnant, but I looked the same as I do now.

Roman started to kiss me, I tangled my fingers in his luscious locks as he slipped his tongue into my mouth. I swear I could taste him like he were really there, so sweet and masculine. He pushed me back into our bed and pinned my arms above my head. I let out a small moan, turned on by his gentle yet aggressive manner. He slowly stripped away my clothing, my body was shivering against his. It wasn't cold or anything, that's just the effect Roman has on me. Even now, I don't know if I could resist him if he walked in the door this minute.

He was whispering the sweetest things in my ear making my wolf purr. Maybe she's the one who brought this dream about. He played with my ear with his tongue, I was gasping and I arched into him. His body was so warm against mine, he used one hand to pin my hips to the bed. He looked deep into my eyes and smiled. I saw my Roman, the one I had loved with everything in me. The one who made me feel whole and secure, the Roman who loved me and protected me.

"I love you Denae." The voice sounded strange, like Roman's but at the same time it was nothing like his. It didn't matter, I was happy to be in his arms.

"I love you Roman." I replied, thankful that I sounded like myself. I wasn't sure if I said those words or if my dream self said them, but I think who ever said it was right. He smiled and kissed down my chest. He sucked my nipple into his mouth gently nibbled, I moaned with please and arched into him. His hand trailed along my stomach and he stopped on my thigh, he was inches from the place I wanted him to be. He released my nipple after a few minutes of teasing and kissed slowly down my stomach. My body was quivering uncontrollably, I was anticipating the pleasure my mate was about to give me.

His mouth made contact with my core and writhed with pleasure. No matter how many time's we've fought, he has never failed to please me. I moaned loudly and wrapped my fingers in his hair, I didn't want him to stop giving me what I needed so much. He must have heard my silent cries because he sank his tongue into my depth roughly, swirling and sucking. I sucked in a breath of air as he slid two fingers into my aching core, I arched my body and rocked myself at a steady pace. My knees were shaking as the fire in my womb got hotter, he removed his fingers from me before I could have my release. I whimpered,displeased, but he shushed me. "I'm going to take good care of you baby." He said whispering the words against my ear.

"Please Roman." I begged. Was I actually begging him? No, it sounded more like pleading to me. Roman gave me a breath-taking smile and positioned himself between my legs.

"You don't have to beg my mate." He said against my lips. "I am going to give you exactly what you need." He thrust into me and kissed away my cries of pure pleasure. I closed my eyes so I could focus on the satisfaction I was receiving from my no, loving mate. He thrust into me with slow and deep strokes, ever nerve in my body was reacting to him. It was hard for me to control my breathing and I was moving around a lot. His hand wrapped his hands around my hip and pulled me deeper and deeper onto him.

"Harder Roman." I moaned wanting more. He didn't hesitate to give me what I wanted, he thrust into me harder, pushing his full length into me. I could feel the built coming back, just as I was about to reach my peak, Roman stopped and I heard a vicious growl erupt from his throat.

I opened my eyes slowly and as soon as I did I was begging myself to wake up. Roman was hovering over me, he was completely and utterly terrifying. both of his eyes had turned as black as the darkest abyss, and his canines were showing. He was looking down at me, snarling. I tried to get away but I could see my body wouldn't move, I didn't know what was going on! It was like my body was glued to the bed, Roman's eyes were not human, they weren't even animalistic, they were more satanic than anything.

I tried to speak but my voice wouldn't work, Roman was just staring at me like he was going to snap any second, and that is just what he did. "I hate you!" He screamed into my face, this voice definitely wasnt his. This voice sounded like it had been drug from the pits of hell, just to terrify its victims. Roman growled one last time before I saw his teeth coming for my throat. I was trying to scream but my I couldn't. Well at least I thought I couldn't.

************************************************************************************************************

"Denae! Wake up!" Adam said sounding terrified. My eyes shot open and I jumped out of the bed, I rubbed my hand up and down my neck looking for a sign of injury then I looked around to make sure Roman wasn't here hiding. I realized at that moment that I was crying hysterically and I fell to a pile on the floor. Adam had knelt on the bed watching me attentively, but when I fell to the floor he was instantly by my side. "Calm down." He said soothingly. He wrapped me tightly in his arms and pulled me close. I couldn't calm down! My mate had just murdered me! He made love to me, then he murdered me! What kind of sick shit is this?!

I shook my head at Adam still crying, I was so afraid to close my eyes, every time I did I relived the dream over and over, not the good part though. Adam rocked me in his arms, attempting to calm me down. I couldn't get the images out of my head, they were smothering me. My breathing was labored and I was gasping for air. I just knew that that was my fate. I am supposed to die by Roman's hands. I need a distraction before I passed out.

I looked up at Adam and I don't know what got into me. I did something I never dreamed of or anticipated on doing. I jumped up to my knees and grabbed Adam by his beautiful brown hair, my lips to his before he could stop me. I just need him out of my head. At first he was really tense then he loosened up. Before I knew it he was kissing me back, his hand was on the back of my neck and he nibbled at my lip, I couldn't stifle the moan that escaped my lips.

I guess hearing me make such an intimate sound brought Adam back to reality. He pushed away from me quickly and jumped to his feet. He looked down at me like it was going to hurt for him to say what he needed to. "I'm sorry Denae but I can't do this." He whispered. I wanted to explain to him what had me so upset and why I had so blatantly attacked him, but before I could he ran out of my room.

I really didn't know what to do, so I kept crying. I didn't even bother getting back into my bed, I stayed curled in the ball I had molded myself into after Adam ran off. I cant believe I really did that to him, I said that I wasn't trying to pressure him but I did the shit anyway! I took advantage of the Alpha, but worst of all, I took advantage of my friend. I wouldn't even blame him if he didn't want to have anything to do with me, I wouldn't even blame him if he decided to throw me out of his pack. I deserved it after what I did to him.

I heard that annoying ass turkey out back before I started to hear movement in the pack house. Everyone was up to do their daily- whatever. I don't even care. I've lost everything now so what is there to care about. A few minutes later there was a knock at my door. I knew who it was already, Adam had probably sent Doc over to check on me.

I wiped my face and opened the door. I tried to smile but she saw right through me. "Can I come in?" She asked hesitantly. I nodded and opened my door with welcome. I didn't care that I barely knew Doc, she was here for me now and that's what I needed. I felt the tears coming again. "Sit down and have a talk with me." she suggested as she led me to the bed.