The Alpha's Baby

Chapter 4

Me and Dina were upstairs packing when I realized she hadn't even told me how she was going to get me out of town. I mean I cant just get in my car and drive away. I tried that yesterday. Obviously someone knew I was trying to leave because they tipped off Roman. It was probably that nosy bitch Mrs. Dodds, she told everything she knew. Lets just say Mrs. Dodds is the town gossip. If you ever need to know anything about anyone she's the person to go to.

"Dina, how in the hell am I going to get to Idaho?" I asked her. She continued stuffing things in the suitcase. I wasn't taking everything I owned with me, just enough until I can buy some new things. I am starting a new life so I might as well get new things.

"Well," She said hesitating. "Believe it or not, every one in this pack supports what Roman's is doing." She paused for a moment. "My cousin has a few friends in the pack and one of them just happens to be watching you."

"Who?" I asked. There were a lot of wolves in our pack. It could be anybody.

"Cody." She said biting her lip.

"What?" I screamed. Cody is Roman's Beta, his right hand man. When Roman was out of town, Cody was in charge. How could it be him? He and Roman are so close, he talks to him more than he talks to me. Cody has been in the pack for seven years. He's older than Roman but when he got here they instantly clicked and when Roman became alpha he chose Cody as his beta.

"Cody is originally from my cousins pack. He was born in Idaho, that's why he has that funny accent. He and Adam have been friends since birth."

"So why did he come here?" I asked curiously.

"He needed a fresh start. His mate died when he was 17. He wanted to start over somewhere new so he came here." She said shrugging her shoulders. "He's not a spy or anything, he just owes Adam a favor. When his mate died Adam was the only one there for him."

"So what's his plan?" I asked. "I know he's not going to just walk in here, pack up my things, and drive me to Idaho."

"No," She said smiling. She is so devious! She loves danger, she lives every day hoping for a thrill of some type.

"Then how?" I asked. I was almost afraid to even know.

"We pretend you got kidnapped!" She said cheerfully. "We hire a human to kidnap you so there is no scent of wolf. It will be like you vanished! Then Cody will call Roman and tell him you were snatched!"

"What about Cody?" I asked.

"What about him?" she asked sounding confused.

"Roman will kill Cody, Dina." I said. "If he helps me, he's signing his own death certificate!" I cant just let him die... For me at that. "I cant do it Dina. I'd rather stay here in this hell than live with the fact that I got someone killed." I sat down on the bed and held my face in my hands.

"Look Nae," she said sitting down beside me. "Cody didn't have to agree to do this. My cousin only asked him because he trusts him more than anyone. Cody agreed as soon as he asked him."

"Why does he want to help me?" I asked. I had tears in my eyes. This was not right.

"He said that his mate was murdered by another wolf and he wasn't going to sit here and watch a wolf kill his own mate." She said. "Plus there's no turning back now, the plans have already been made." She smiled. "It'll be a robbery and a kidnapping so grab some expensive shit."

"OK." I said. This isn't exactly what I wanted. I want to get away from this place but I don't want to put all of these people in Jeopardy. I don't have a good feeling about any of this.

"Call Roman and make sure he's not suspicious of anything." she said as she walked out of the room to find valuable things to take.

I pulled out the phone and dialed Roman's number. "What is it?" He growled when he picked up. I flinched from the sound of his voice.

"Nothing. I said hesitantly. "I was just checking in. You've been gone a few hours and you didn't call so I figured I'd call you." God I did not want to be talking to him right now.

"I'm sorry for my tone Denae, I'm just really busy." His voice was calmer now but he still sounded mad. "Where are you?" He asked.

"Home." I said nonchalantly. "I hope you don't mind..." I hesitated. "I invited Dina over. I've really missed her Roman." I just knew he was going to blow up. I was just waiting for the explosion.

"That's fine Denae. I was kind of hoping you would invite her over." He sounded so calm, too calm.

"Is everything OK Roman?" I asked. This wasn't like him. It was like he was actually trying to be my mate. He wasn't yelling and screaming or anything. He was kind of being nice.

"Everything is fine baby. I just need to figure some shit out, I may be gone a little longer than I expected." Baby? What the fuck is up with him? Maybe Dina will know, she's usually pretty good at reading people. "I'll call you later." He said. "I love you." When I didn't say it back he sighed and hung up.

I found Dina down stair's, she had a bag full of stuff in her hand. I saw Roman's Ipod, a couple of watches and other jewelry, three laptops, There were other various items but those were the ones I spotted first. "Cody called, everything is set. He hired one of his human friends to come and get you. He'll be here at midnight. He's going to pretend to break in but you have nothing to worry about. He wont hurt you." She said. "You just have to make it believable when he drags you out."

"Dina I need to talk to you about Roman." I said. She froze and sat down in the couch.

"Whats up?" she said, I went and sat beside her.

"He's been acting strange since last night. I tried to leave yesterday but somebody tipped him off." I said. "When he got me back here, Amy, Siri and Danny were here, there I were other wolves there but I couldn't recognize their scent. He wouldn't even let me say hi to Siri. He came up a few hours later acting strange. He wasn't his usual mean self, it seemed lie he was actually trying to be nice." I really didn't want to tell her we had sex but I felt like I need to. "We ended up... Doing it." I said like it was the most disgusting thing in the world. "It was different though, it actually felt like it meant something." She was just sitting there listening attentively so I continued to talk. "His eyes are always so angry." I whispered. "Even though last night was OK, his eyes looked like he could kill me. Every time he looks at me its like he wants to rip my head off, but at the same time he looks like it kills him to think like that." I paused for a minute. "Something is happening to him Dina."

"That is strange," she started. "And he only started acting like that yesterday?" She asked sounding confused.

"Yea, its like he wanted to be mad at me for something but he couldn't. He would get angry then a moment later he would calm down."

"Sounds like Roman is PMSing." She joked. "I don't really know what to say about that Denae. My grandma told me a story once about a person who's wolf was possessed by some type of demon. It made his wolf reject his mate but he loved her more than anything. He forced himself to stay and his wolf got the best of him. He made his mates life a living hell." She stopped. She had been staring at the wall while she told the story. She looked back at me quickly. "Its just a myth though." she said, she sounded a little unsure.

"What happened to them?" I asked. I was a little afraid to hear the end of this story.

"His wolf ends up gaining control of him and he kills her." She said sadly. "After he realized what he had done he threw himself off of a cliff."

"Great!" I said sarcastically. "My psycho mate wants to kill me!"

"Denae, its just a story." Dina said. But what if it wasn't? What if it was the truth and Roman's wolf was really possessed by a demon of some sort? If he really is possessed I'm surprised I'm still alive. There have been many times where I thought Roman was just going to snap my neck.

"If you say so." I said groaning. We finished packing the few things I was taking with me and were watching TV. It was already a little after nine.

"Well I've got to go." She said standing up. "We've got to make it look like it wasn't planned." I stood up and hugged her.

"Thank you Dina." I said.

"You know I would do anything for you Denae." She replied. "Call me when Adam gets you set up."

"You'll be the only person I have to call." I joked. She laughed lightly.

"I love you Denae." She said.

"I love you too Dina." I said and she left.

Some how I dozed off and I woke up to my front door being kicked open. I jumped up off of the couch ready to shift but then I remembered that I was being kidnapped. The guy ran in the house, he was wearing all black and a ski mask. He saw me standing by the couch and he ran over to me. "OK, we've got to make this quick! Get your things." He sounded so scared. I could tell he really wasn't up for this but he was going to do it anyway. I ran and grabbed my things. When I came back downstairs he had a gun. I froze when I saw it. Werewolves bodies can heal a lot of things, but we still bruise like regular people. However, werewolves take a lot longer to heal bullet wounds if the don't shoot to kill.

"Calm down!" he said seeing my look of horror. "Its fake. See." He pointed the gun at the floor and pulled the trigger. Water sprayed out over the hardwood floor. I felt myself breath again, I hadn't realized I had been holding my breath.

"Shouldn't we make it look like a break in?" I asked him. "It wont look real if it looks like I just walked out. We've got to some shit up." I told the "robber."

"Yea," He said nervously. "Yea that's what we should do." He ran around the house like a crazy man smashing things up and knocking things over. He ran upstairs and did the same thing to a few of the bedrooms. When he came back he was panting. Humans were so weak. They tired to easily and they couldn't really do much.

"I'm ready when you are." I said looking at the ski mask. I wonder what he looks like under there. I don't even know his name or anything. I guess I shouldn't care what his name is, he's just here to kidnap me.

"OK." He said. "Remember you have to make it believable." He grabbed the bags and stuck the water gun to my back and led me out. I didn't see anybody outside, Mrs. Dodds was probably asleep by now, thank god. Roman would have know the guy was here before he even pulled up. I tried to look scared but I don't really know how to look scared if I'm not afraid. His car was parked by the road and he quickly pushed me in. He jumped in the driver seat and slammed hard on the gas.