Status: Lets Start.

Skin & Bones

Bones

Image

Maybe I had blown up at Mia, but I was so over everything and I had only been here two days. I didn’t know what I was going to do, so I drove around town for a while to blow off steam and then headed home. Pulling up I pulled off my helmet and noticed both Sara and Mia laid out on the grass in the front yard soaking up the sun. In only little shorts and a singlet, god she was hot, Mia not my cousin.

I lit up a smoke; they had both risen from their position on the grass upon my arrival.

“You know you can hear you coming half way down the street on that thing its so noisy.” Sara laughed.

“Yea well it’s a hell of a lot better then riding the school bus with all those prick.” I chimed in.

“Probably is, it’s a shame I don’t trust you driving skills on that thing or I might have gotten you to give me a lift.”

“But I didn’t offer you one.” I puffed on my smoke, I loved the way it calmed me. Though at my words Mia blushed and looked down like she was ashamed of herself, she wouldn’t bring her eye contact back to me.
“Mia,” I spoke up it was the first time I had called her by her name and not princess, she instantly looked up “Sorry for blowing up at you.”

She nodded “It’s okay.” she whispered, she was so quite like I scared her. I never wanted to scare her, but what more could I say now it was already done. With that I dropped my smoke stepped on it and walked inside.

For me the rest of the school week passed by much the same, people ignored me, picked me last for gym and walked on the other side of the hallway as I passed them. Being around the town was a little better I suppose the adults hadn’t heard the rumors yet.

Mia hadn’t really said much to me since I apologized to her the other day. Either she was ignoring me as well now, or she just hadn’t been spending a lot of time at my aunt’s place. I couldn’t call it my place yet; I didn’t feel like I had a place in this town.

But it was okay cause the week did end and with Sunday rolling around I was headed home, my real home. Chicago called me in the form of Luke a buddy in my band, and I was going home for a few days over the two-week Easter break to play a gig. It completely made up for how shit my first week in this town had been.