Status: completed, check back for sequel

You Got Me Poppin Champagne

Chapter 15

ALEX'S POV

"Go on then, what's my wonderful mother told you this time?" Erin asked me with frustration.

"Erin...please don't be so angry-"

"Well it's kind of hard to be happy right now. What's wrong with me being angry?" she asked rhetorically, but I answered anyway, placing my hands on her shoulders, looking deep into her green eyes.

"Because I'm worried about our kids, okay? Just calm down, breathe, we don't want a repeat of last time."

Erin sighed, but nodded. "Alright, I'll try."

"Good, and for what it's worth, I think you should hear her out. I'm not saying you gotta forgive her for everything, if never ask that of you. But you need to hear her out. I don't think she's all bad." I said it cautiously, but hoping to provide some sort of impact. I could see her take in the words and digest them, thinking about all the possibilities, the way this could all end. But I saw acceptance too.

"Alright. I will. What is it she told you to tell me then?"

ERIN'S POV

"Have fun tomorrow, okay? Enjoy your last night of freedom," I joked to a flustered looking Alex, running around the room trying to find various things to pack in an overnight bag in preparation for the guys kidnapping him in the morning, keeping us apart until the day after tomorrow. December first. The wedding.

He was being taken on a stag night by the male population of the wedding party. Jack and Evan had arranged it, which didn't give me much confidence, but Matt Flyzick had promised to try and keep them in check, stop things from getting too out of hand. 

"I plan on enjoying tonight a hell of a lot more," he winked, looking at me over his shoulder before throwing yet another hair product in his bag.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Mmhmm, you plan on getting laid?"

"Hell yeah."

"Oh? And who, may I ask, will have the pleasure of being your entertainment for the night?" I joked.

Alex stopped messing about with his bag and fully turned to face me as I sat up in the bed. "Oh, I don't know, some girl. She's blonde, green eyed, pregnant but still so damn sexy."

"But I thought you were all crazed for your Lebanese princess? A miss Jack Barakat?"

Alex approached the bed, and crawled onto it, forcing me to lie beneath him as he hovered over me, planting sweet, nipping kisses at my neck, causing my eyes to roll back a little. "Nah, that one's too hairy for me."

"Oh, right, so does your fiancé know what you're planning on getting up to tonight?"

I could almost hear the smirk in his voice. "I should bloody well hope she does."

I giggled underneath him and he pulled back to look at me with those sparkling brown eyes and crooked smile.

"Maybe I need to make my intentions clearer to her?" he whispered huskily.

"Maybe," I replied, mirroring his suggestive tone.

I saw a spark of heat flicker in his eyes and practically felt the fire grow. But Alex didn't waste any time and was soon getting busy by ridding us both of our clothing, making swift movements with his hands and lips. But as soon as made his entrance, I winced a little. Alex didn't notice at first, and I thought it would go, but after a few more thrusts the mild pain still remained. It wasn't really painful...just uncomfortable and hurt a little I guess. I tried to ignore it, but when I whimpered from the pain, Alex looked at me in shock.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know...it just hurts a little. I'm really sorry Alex, do you mind if we don't tonight?" I asked worriedly, scared of upsetting him. But his face turned kind and he gave me a soft kiss as he tried to gently pull himself out, not wanting to cause me further pain.

"It's alright. It was only a matter of time. I read up on it. After a while sex hurts pregnant people."

I opened my mouth in mock horror. "Oh my god. Alexander William Gaskarth did you actually read those pregnancy books?" I joked.

Alex rolled his eyes as he lay next to me and pulled me close to his chest. Snuggling. I felt bad that I'd ruined his fun, and I guess I knew we wouldn't be intimate in that way for a while now.

"Of course I read the damn books, I gotta keep you safe in any way I can, so I gotta know what's going on. And before you start apologising profusely, don't. I don't care. As long as I can still have you here and hold you close, it's enough. Seriously. We can still have fun. We can have a nice chat too." I laughed at that and he gave me an inquisitive look.

"It's just...well, having 'a nice chat' is hardly the same. I guess I just feel like I could be better. Like I know I should be doing more for you. I want to make you happy, but I don't think I'm doing a very good job."

Alex was silent and after a moment I peeked up at him. "Erin, do me a favour. Shut the fuck up. How exactly could you be doing more for me? You've had Jasey, you're giving me these two, and you're fucking marrying me day after tomorrow. What else could you possibly do to make me any more happy than you do already? I don't need a few minutes in bed every night to keep me happy. I just need you to be here. Okay? I need you. I don't want you thinking you gotta put out every night for me to be happy."

"But you're a rockstar, you tour, you go to clubs, I know your track record, I remember reading about it in all the articles. I don't expect you to change just like that."

"Erin, I have changed. For the better. For you. My track record? You broke it, so stop freaking out. I love you, that's it. How many times do I have to tell you that before it gets through to you, you silly nana."

I chuckled slightly and lightly hit his chest, and felt some hair. "Alex, can I just tell you something?"

"Go for it."

"Chest hair is so fucking hot on you. Don't you ever shave it again. And never wear a shirt again either."

Alex laughed as he ran one hand up and down my back and the other stroking my arm, holding me against him so I was curled into him. "I'll add it to the list. You want me to grow my hair to like it was in Straight To DVD, now you want me to never shave my chest, what do I do about a moustache?"

"Eh, you can do whatever you want with that. I don't really mind. Let me just check my posters at home and I can decide which way I like better," I joked, looking up at him with a teasing eye.

He rolled his eyes as he smiled at me. "God, I'm marrying an obsessed fan, who still hasn't gotten over the fangirl in her. Maybe I should just ask the band to release absolute crap so you'll hate the band."

I shook my head. "Don't you dare, I'll never speak to you again. I'll burn my records an posters."

"Seriously? You'll burn the damn posters? Hell yeah! I'm definitely calling a band meeting then," Alex said with a brief fist pump and a howl.

"Oh dear, are you really that stupid that you don't realised that those posters are never coming down? Or at least will never leave the house?"

"Unfortunately, I do realise that. False hope over here."

I looked up to see Alex smiling down at me. I smiled back at him and really there was nothing else to say. We fell into that comfortable little silence that people in love often find themselves in. We just lay there wrapped up in each others arms and our own thoughts, until after a while I started humming along to Coffee Shop.

"Hey, Erin, let's play guess the song. I'm guessing Jasey Rae?"

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "Seriously? That's what you thought it was?" I hummed it again and saw him think about it.

"Time Bomb?"

"Err, let me think, no!"

"Circles? The Party Scene? Keep The Change You Filthy Animal? Just The Way I'm Not?"

I rolled my eyes in exasperation, because it really looked like he didn't know what it was. "Seriously Alex? How can you be this bad at guessing your own songs?" He shrugged and I sighed. "Should I wrote myself out of the history books, and mark a place in time for every chance you took," I sang and saw recognition in his face.

"Oh right. Yeah, sorry. Just because I write the lyrics doesn't mean I can remember them all..."

"You're the lead singer! You have to you idiot! I'm disappointed in your musical ability."

"Yeah but I make up for it in other departments," Alex replied with a wink.

I shrugged. "Nah. Lead singers do it louder. Bassists do it deeper, guitarists do it faster, drummers do it harder, singers do it louder. You, my friend, get stuck with the sound effects."

"But I'm a guitarist too! That means I do it faster too," he said, with a slight smugness. I fought to hide my smile.

"You do it faster and louder...that means you think you're good."

"Ah but I've never had any complaints from you. Plus, it doesn't have to be me moaning and groaning...singers doing it louder could mean that I make the girl loud, so I'll know I'm good. And I mean, sorry sweetie but you're way too loud sometimes. Remember that time at my parents house-"

"Okay, okay I get it! You can shut up now! Asshole," I told him as a blush crept up in my cheeks at the memory of that night. Let's not go there.

Alex smirked triumphantly and relaxed himself against the pillows.

I sighed a little. "I hope you have fun tomorrow. Just don't be too hung over when we get to the aisle."

"Nah, I'm not planning on drinking a lot anyway. I wanna be able to say my vows without sunglasses and telling the pastor to shut the hell up."

I pouted at him. "But you deserve some fun. It'll be your last day and night of freedom. Once we get through the I Do's it's all mortgages and bank statements and putting on weight in front of the telly with the kids. We're gonna get boring."

"What, me and you? Boring? Never. We won't have money troubles, we won't put on weight, and we'll have days out with the kids too. You'll always be the cute little fangirl and I'll always be the super hot lead singer, and we'll be happy. I promise to never let us get boring, but we couldn't if we tried. I'd never get bored with you."

I smiled at him and giggled. "That your first vow?"

"Mmhmm. So what are your plans for tomorrow?"

"I don't know. Maybe go out with the girls to a bar. Obviously I won't be drinking. Your mom and dad said they'd have Jasey in their room again. And then...well I figured I'd go find my mother. Have a talk with her about everything you told me. Ask her what else there is to know. Try and make things better."

Alex nodded and I think the grip that tightened around my body was probably an unconscious instinct of protection, which warned every inch of me. "Good, I think this will be good for both of you. But if it gets too hard, just take deep breaths and call me okay? I don't care what it for or whatever, if you feel you need to, you call me. I'm not having you getting stressed and these babies in danger. I'll call the guys and tell them I'm not going out with them if you want me to go with you."

"No, Alex, you deserve a day and night with the guys. I promise I'll call you if I need you okay? And I think it's kind of something I have to do on my own. Try an fix some of the damage that's been done."

Alex nodded and smiled again. "Yeah. I'm proud of you, you know. It takes a lot of courage to do what you're doing. To go for the happy ending."

I smiled, but hid the weakness and apprehension from him by tucking my face in between his shoulder and neck. Happy ending. Right. The happy ending we let go. My mother had no happy ending. Because I knew more than they thought I did.