Status: completed, check back for sequel

You Got Me Poppin Champagne

Chapter 24

ALEX'S POV

As my eyes slowly opened, I had to pinch myself to be sure I wasn't simply hallucinating, that it wasn't a cruel practical joke from some dream. But no, it was real. She was here. Erin was here. In my arms. She was home. With me. Where she belonged.

I finally got her back. We hadn't slept in the same bed for almost a month. But now she was here, she had finally come back to me, the Erin I knew and fell in love with. My wife wasn't a stranger anymore.

I was mad at myself for yelling at her yesterday, but I suppose it had been good for us really, hadn't it? Because this way I knew that we could make it through anything. That was the worst period we had had, but we made it through. The fight made us stronger I guess. And I had finally spoken to her about my brother. And we were better now. We were stronger. Whilst having that perfect happy relationship, that was so weird because we had never argued, was amazing, it was even more amazing. The yelling and tears were worth it. the gut wrenching heartache I had felt was worth it, because it was the only way to get her back. But I did it. I got her. She came back to me. I guess this was what a real relationship was like. Fighting not against someone, but for someone, even if that included screaming with all your heart.

I couldn't wrap my head around the thought that I was now married and had a kid, expecting two more, and had turned 26 just a couple of weeks ago. I kinda felt like a middle aged dude who should be balding and in a dead end job. But I wasn't, I was in a band. And I would be touring straight after New Years. I was still the immature, Blink-182 obsessed, stupid 16 year old who can just goof off with his friends, but I was just a little more refined, tidied around the edges.

There was a time when I thought about just telling the guys I didn't wanna tour anymore, because I just wanted to be here for Jasey and Erin, but I knew for a fact Erin would have decapitated my manhood if I had done that, and I wouldn't have been happy. I loved that about Erin, that she was still as much of a fan as she was the day I met her. Despite her having my kids.

It always seemed like two separate things, having a life with Erin and Jasey and the soon to be twins, and then the touring and band stuff. It never felt like I could have both at the same time, I always figured I'd have to choose one or the other. But I guess I didn't, because I knew Erin wouldn't make me, and with Jack getting married to Allie and having a son and Rian and Cass getting married, and Zack and Sam engaged, I had a feeling the band would be a lot more flexible with the length of tours and stuff. Records may take a little longer, and we were gonna do more little tours, just so we could feel like we were spending more time with our families. Especially considering that I was pretty sure Sam and Cass looked a little rounder by a fraction around their middle. Of course they wouldn't say anything, Not for a while at least.

Eventually Erin stirred in my arms, and slowly her eyes fluttered open, allowing me to bask in all the glory of those newly bright green eyes. She had found her happiness again. And I didn't even question the thing about her seeing her mom. Stranger things have happened right? And if it gave Erin some peace in mind, then I wasn't complaining.

Erin smiled lazily at me, probably still half asleep and yawned a little.

"Merry Christmas," I whispered to her as I leaned down and gave her a long, sweet, gentle kiss. We both needed it, maybe Erin more so than me, judging by the way her lips parted hungrily, drawing me in closer to her, desperately searching for any and every sort of contact available to the kiss. Maybe she needed to be sure she wasn't in that personal hell she had been trapped in for far too long, maybe she needed to know I still hadn't given up, maybe she needed to know I was here, maybe she needed to know I needed her. Or maybe she just needed to communicate how much she loved me. Because I was sure as hell trying my damn hardest to show her how much I loved her. Show her how sorry I was for yesterday.

"God, Alex, I missed you so much," she whispered as she broke our kiss, and I detected the sound of tears in her voice, and felt the moisture on my hand as I stroked her cheek.

"I'm here, baby, I'm right here. You don't have to cry anymore," I assured her, kissing her forehead.

Erin but her lip and nodded. "I'm so sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to yell, I didn't want to yell, it's just...that song, and then you destroyed the only thing I though would help me, and I didn't know what to do. I was so unsure, and it hurt me that I caused you so much pain, but I didn't want to feel anything, let alone guilt or sympathy and-"

"Hey, hey, hey. Erin, it's okay. I get it, I really do. And I yelled to, remember? But I'm glad we yelled, because if we hadn't then I wouldn't have got you back, and we wouldn't be here, together. We got through it, Erin, we're good. Don't work yourself up over it, okay? I love you, that's all that matters. As long as you know that, we're fine. We can leave what happened in the past and see what we can make of the future. It's all we've got, so we may as well live it. Just remember that I love you and don't dwell on regrets."

Erin smiled small, probably trying to hold back more tears. "Fuck regrets and let's burn this city down."

"Huh? What?"

Her smile grew. "God, Alex, how can you not recognise your own song? It's from I Can't Do The One Two Step. I wanted that tattooed when I was younger. I always wanted 'make the most of living while you're young and have the chance to take your chances' with the All Time Low skull on my back, but I never had the money. I thought about getting 'don't be afraid I've got your back when times get rough and bring you down' was awesome but I thought it's be weird to have that on my back...I don't know. But now I can't really get either done can I?"

I smiled, trying not to laugh. "Why not?"

She looked at me like I was crazy, eyes wide. "Uhm, maybe because I'm married to the vocalist and it'd be weird having your lyrics on me, because you'd find some way of making a wise crack about it to boost your ego, and I couldn't really get the skull because I actually know you guys and it's not really something that the extra family and friends could really have, it's something just for you band guys."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Erin, I'm pretty sure Sam and Allie have the All Time Low skull. And I think Allie has some of the lyrics tattooed on."

"Yeah but they got them done before they knew you guys, when they were just fans. It's just too weird for me to do now. And then when the kids get older they'd see it and ask why I had your lyrics on my back and-"

"I would tell them it's because you're a crazy fangirl who still swoons at the sight of a poster or hearing us play and don't think I don't catch you staring when I'm walking around shirtless," I cut in, winking at her, which just caused an incredible blush to creep up on her face.

"Asshole. I don't...swoon at posters...aren't I allowed to watch my husband walking around the house?"

I shook my head. "Nope. Not when you're not looking at me for being hot but more so because I'm...and I quote...Alex freaking Gaskarth."

"If it weren't for me you would have had one less person ordering merch and records and concert tickets...don't complain."

I smiled at her and gave her another kiss, this time more swiftly. "I'm not. Maybe I'll get you that tattoo for your birthday." Erin rolled her eyes.

"Alex, I'm pregnant. I'm pretty sure feeling pain while being pregnant is not exactly the best thing in the world."

"Afterwards then. Either way, it's happening. You want the tattoo, you shall have it, despite you thinking it's too weird."

Erin smiled and laughed a little, shaking her head. "You spoil me too much."

"I don't care. Now come on, get changed, we gotta get to my parents. Mom will freak if we turn up to lunch late."

I rolled off the bed and started to get changed, but then Erin spoke.

"Alex, why didn't you leave?"

I spun around to see Erin still laying in the bed, fumbling with her wedding ring. "What do you mean?"

"Why did you stay? Why didn't you just give up on me? Why didn't you just get in a car with Jasey and just go, just leave me, why were you so determined to get me back after all the awful feelings I must have caused you?"

When I didn't reply, she lifted her eyes from her hands slightly, so she could look at me. I smiled softly and made my way to her, taking her left hand in mine and kissing her ring finger. Without moving my lips from the ring, I locked eyes with her again as I answered. "This. This is why I stayed. This is why I didn't give up."

Erin smiled, love and joy filling her eyes and heart, and I mirrored the smile.

"Come on, we gotta get you to your daughter."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been a while, but I have exams coming up guys, and I have to revise for them, obviously, because I actually wanna go to uni. So thanks for being patient :) Just bear with me!

Please comment and lemme know what you think!

THANKS FOR READING/COMMENTING/SUBSCRIBING! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!