Status: New Brusnop Fanfic. Comments are much appreciated. c:

This Is Your Demise

Three

Ben watched Danny push away from Sam and sighed, rubbing a hand down his face. He hated seeing Danny like this. He missed Danny like he was before, totally not giving a fuck about anything and loving his life. This break up with Myca was taking a bigger toll on Danny then Ben expected, and he didn’t know how to fix it. Ben just sighed again, and headed back to the bus for a drink before the show started.

Walking over to the tour bus, he noticed someone peeking out at him through the little window in their small kitchen. He watched the window until he had opened the door to the bus and went inside, and was greeted by a very enthusiastic James.

“Ben!” James grabbed Ben’s arm and yanked him over to the couch, on which was seated a slightly attractive girl he’d never seen before. She had medium length ginger hair and full, rosy lips that contracted well with her pale skin.

“Uh James, do you mind telling me who she is?” Ben nodded in the direction of the girl and she smiled.

“I’m Krista, one of James’ friends. It’s good to meet you.” She stood up and Ben shook her outstretched hand, smiling back at her politely. He knew what this was, and he didn’t want it.

For the past couple of weeks James had been trying to set him up with all sorts of girls, hoping he’d find one that he hit it off with and he could stop being alone. The girls that James showed to him weren’t bad looking either, and he would’ve liked to get to know a few of them if he hadn’t has his heart ready and willing for Danny to claim. It was so difficult being in love with someone who had no idea of your feelings for them. Plus, it was no easy feat trying to get James to knock it off with the whole match maker thing, although he had a feeling that Brandi was behind it all. He couldn’t say he had his eyes set on someone else because everyone would be nagging on him to tell who it was, and he couldn’t exactly tell them that he had fallen for their singer, could he?

“It’s good to meet you too. In case you didn’t catch that, I’m Ben.” He offered her another smile, this one more friendly then the first, and she grinned back.

“Well, I’ll leave you two to it,” said James, starting to walk out the door.

“Actually, I was just gonna pop in here for a quick drink and then go find Danny before heading inside the venue. But we can all hang out after the show, yeah?” Ben made his way over to one of the cabinets and pulled out a fifth of Jack Daniels, unscrewing the cap and taking a couple swigs of it.

“How about just me and you hang out. You know, alone.” Krista bit on the corner of her lower lip in what Ben assumed was supposed to be a sexual look, but it did nothing for him. He turned to fully face her and raised his eyebrows slightly, a little surprised that she was being this forward.

Ben quickly tried to think of a reason of why he couldn’t hang out with her, fully aware of James’ gaze on him the whole time, and after too long a silence had passed and he hadn’t come up with anything, he forced a smile and nodded his head, “Uh, sure, why not. But I’m gonna be pretty tired after the show so it probably won’t be too long before I head to bed.”

“Yeah, that’s fine. I’m just really excited about getting to hang with you.” Krista flashed him another grin and turned to leave, kissing his cheek softly before exiting the bus.

Ben rolled his eyes and sighed after the bus door closed, and turned to James, glaring him down.

“Okay, Ben, c’mon she’s not—” Ben interrupted James before he could finish.

“I’ve told you a hundred times that I don’t need you to play match maker for me. I am perfectly capable of finding someone on my own.” Ben twisted the cap back on the Jack and put it away before sinking down onto the couch, running a hand through his hair. “Now I’m stuck hanging out with that girl and I have a feeling it’s gonna turn out horrible.”

“Oh come on man, give her a chance. She’s actually really cool; I hung out with her for the first time today too.” James sat down next to Ben on the couch and slapped him gently on the back.

“I thought she said she was one of your friends?” Ben glanced over at James and shot him a questioning look, eyebrows raised up again.

James held his up in front of him in mock surrender and shrugged his shoulders. “Hey, I never told her to say that. She’s one of Brandi’s friends, not mine. Brandi just thought that you two would look good together and asked me to introduce her to you.”

Ben smacked James gently on the back of the head and shook his own, a small smile playing on his lips. “Honestly it felt like the only thing she wants to be introduced to is my English cock.” James let out a snort of laughter at Ben’s comment as Ben stood up, tugging James up after himself. “C’mon, it’s time to play some rock n’ roll.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This didn't turn out as long as I had hoped, but I still kind of like it. But thanks to The Mini Monster for commenting. c: The next chapter should be out in a couple of days.