Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

Oh How I Detest that Man

We went straight to the bar and waved over Val. “How may I help you?”
“I would like to check out. I thought I would be staying here longer, but something has come up.” Vātēs said as a small amount of sadness crept into his voice.
“Oh okay, one moment please.” She moved down the bar and gave a guy a beer before returning. “Sorry ‘bout that.”
“It is alright.”
“I’m also sorry that you have to leave, you did not get to see much did you?” Vātēs shook his head. “That’ll be… one silver and four copper.” Vātēs produced the coins and gave them to her. “Thank you. I wish you could have stayed longer. I hope to see you again.”
“And you. Thank you for everything.” He bowed his head before turning around.
Before I left I asked, “Where is Rob?”
“Off at the market.”
“Thank you. I’ll see you around. Thanks for everything, Val.” She nodded and went back to work.
I caught up to Vātēs and we left the inn. We walked through the crowd and eventually made it to the outskirts of the village. “You have everything?” I asked looking down at the ground.
“Yes, I packed before heading out this morning.”
I nodded sadly. “You barely stay with me, even though you’re my guardian… I don’t think they want us together for long periods of time.”
“I am just busy taking care of the political work. Someone has to work.” He nudged me, and I laughed at what he was implying.
“Oh yes, cuz I just sit here and nap while you’re at meetings all day.”
“Exactly. You are a lazy bum, my dear friend.” We burst out laughing for some time before we returned to being serious. “I guess I should be going.”
“Yeah…” I looked down at my feet in disappointment.
“I’ll be back, you know that.”
“By then I’ll have to…”
“Don’t think like that.” he lifted my chin and smiled, “You never know.”
“You’re right. I’ll see you soon.” I hugged him tightly and did not want to let go.
“Of course. I always come back to you.” He stepped back and looked at me. “Do your best, Tris.” He kissed my cheek good-bye.
“Bye. I’ll see you soon.” I smiled sadly.
“Bye. Be good.”
“I will; always am. You be careful and don’t let the Lexicon Council bully you.”
“I will not. Bye.” He turned and headed towards the plains. I waved as his figure literally disappeared and then I was left alone. By now he was back on Lexicon, getting ready to do more political crap.
*Bye, Vātēs…great as usual I end up alone on my journey.* I headed back to the village, weaving through the throng of people and carts, and went straight to the castle. *Now to get my things. Hopefully without making a scene… haha fat chance.* I grinned as I entered through the front doors.
I stealthily moved through the corridors and was miraculously seen by no one. I quickly gathered my belongings and walked out my room. I moved quickly without making the tiniest noise as I descended the stairs. I was almost out the front door when a dreaded noise stopped me.
“My little angel, where are you going?”
I groaned as I turned to face the last person I wanted to see. “I’m leaving. What does it look like I’m doing?”
“Why are you leaving so suddenly, my dear?” Carson approached me and I took a step back.
“I don’t want to be here. I have more important things to do than stay here.” Acid dripped from every word.
“Oh? Like what?”
“Too curious for your own good, Carson.”
“Ah a mystery, I sure love mysteries.”
“Good for you. Now I’m gotta here.” I turned and grabbed the door.
I was soon enveloped by strong arms. “Will you not stay for my coronation?” warm breath pulsated on my neck.
Anger bubbled inside me. “No. let go!”
"Aw, why?” fake sadness colored his voice.
“Cuz I don’t like you. Now let go.”
“That hurt, love.”
“No, this does!” I jobbed him in the stomach with my elbow and knocked the wind out of him. He stumbled back and gasped for air. “Do Not touch me again or you’re really going to regret it. Bye Carson, my we never meet again.” I growled as I swung open the door and stomped outside.
*How I detest that man! Stupid, moron, pervert…* I took a deep breath and slowly let it out. *Calm down, calm down. Alright, now to get a horse.* Looking around I headed towards the royal stables. I walked in and met a stable boy. “Stable boy.” I called and startled him.
“Y-yes?”
*Skittish fellow.* “Whose horses are these?”
“Th-the king’s, my L-lady.” Perfect. I started petting a black, white, and red horse. “I I don’t think y-you sh-should be touchin’ th-them.”
I looked over at the boy and then went through my bag. I retrieved paper, pen, and ink and wrote a note.
Dear Carson,
Don’t punish this dear stable boy, he doesn’t know what I am about to do. I’m doing you a favor really; one less mouth you have to feed. =P Find Peace!
--Tristis
I folded the note up, wrote Carson on the front, and handed it to the boy. “Give this to the king-to-be and turn around.”
“Why?”
“Don’t worry about it.” I smiled gently and slowly turned him around so he faced the opposite direction. I then strolled over to the horse, lead it out of its stable, got on its back, and then dashed out of the barn. The horse bolted out and headed straight to the village. I did not look back as I merged with the crowd.
♠ ♠ ♠
Vay had to leave =( That's sad.
Check out my other stories please and comment!