Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

Dance the Night Away

"Where’s Rayna? I haven’t seen her all day.”
“She is socializing with the Cast family, more specifically Isabella and Cynthia. I believe some other aristocratic daughters are also there.”
I visibly shivered. “I give your sister credit, I don’t think I could put up with social outings like that.”
“Didn’t you have to do that where you are from?”
“Not really, we mostly focused on career paths. After lessons we could hang out, but I wasn’t exactly miss popular, plus I was an orphan which made other kids weary of me. I’ve always been different so I had a hard time making friends. Believe it or not, even my partner wasn’t fond of me at first.”
“Really? The way you talk about him, he seems to be the closest person to you.” We approached the door to the tavern and entered. It was more crowded than last time, but we were able to find a table to sit at. Robby ordered our food, returned, and we entered back into our conversation.
“Oh he is, he’s my best friend but we didn’t start out that way. It took a lot of fighting and spending more hours than anyone can count together for us to actually become friends.”
“Was it a mutual dislike of each other or one sided?”
I had to think back to when I first met Vay. *Man that was so long ago I barely remember. It's hard to believe there was a time we weren't friends Was it mutual?* “Hmm… no it wasn’t mutual, he definitely wasn’t fond of me but I wasn’t swayed either way when it came to him. I never really disliked him, but because of my strong personality of always doing what I think is right, we fought constantly. The council even debated splitting us up, but since we were a bonded pair, they really couldn’t.
“Do you have any other friends?”
“Some, but not many. I have more friends throughout the places I’ve visited than my own homeland.” I chuckled at my sad reality.
“I am quite surprised that you do not have many friends back home, you are a very friendly person and easy to talk to.” Robby thought aloud.
“Please tell my people that.” I smiled as I rested my jaw on my palm.
He chuckled and replied, “Point me in their direction and I will.” We continued talking about random things until we were interrupted by the sudden onset of music. All around us people started to dance as the tables were moved to the perimeter of the tavern. I laughed and started clapping with the time of the music. Robby looked around bewildered and a little uncomfortable. I smiled over at him reassuringly and then looked back at the night’s entertainment. Eventually a man, probably later 30s, offered me a hand and I couldn’t refuse. I laughed harder as he pulled me up and we joined the crowd of dancers. I danced around the room with my mysterious man and then was twirled to another man and the dance continued. I looked over at Robby to find him shaking his head with a laugh. I grinned mischievously and when we pasted him I took his hand; making him my new partner.
“Tristis!” He yelled over the music.
“Whaaat!? You gotta live a little my friend.” I grinned wider. We danced for the rest of the night and left only when we grew tired. “Ready to leave?” I asked once I sat down and took a drink of water.
“Sure, I am surprise father has not sent anyone to find me.” He smiled and took a gulp of his own drink.
“Then off we go.” We got up and said our good-bye to the people we had danced with through the night. The night air felt nice on our hot sweaty bodies. “Have fun, Robby?” I asked as we walked through the streets to his home.
“Have to admit, I did. At first I did not, but after some time I did find myself enjoying it.” He smiled to me.
“I’m glad, I didn’t mean to force you to do something you didn’t want to do.”
“It is fine, no harm done other than freaking me out at first.” He laughed.
“Good. Well here you are, home safe and sound.” I smiled as we stopped at the front door to his house.
“I believe I should walk you home, it is late and you could get hurt.” His voice was serious.
*Aww trying to be a gentleman.* “I’ll be fine, you get inside before your dad freaks.”
“He will freak if I do not walk you home.” He looked at me with eyes that clearly said ‘I’m walking you home.’ *He reminds me of Vay a bit.* My mind traveled back to the day Vay first visited me and I smiled sadly.
“Well sir, if you wish to walk me to the palace I won’t complain.” I grinned and offered my arm.
With a lop-sided smile, he replied, “I should be offering you my arm.” He offered his arm and I readily took it. We walked at a casual pace back to where I was staying and we talked all the while. It did not take long for us to reach the castle. Once outside the gates we stopped. “Well, here is where we part. I will see soon, Tristis. Thank you for an interesting evening.”
I gave a genuine big smile and replied, “Thank you Robby for spending it with me. Sleep well.” He bowed and left as I turned to the guard. “May you open up please?” He nodded and opened the castle doors for me. I thanked him, wished him a good-night, and groggily walked to my room where I proceeded to pass out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm having a hard time deciding on what to do with Robby... I adore him, just like how I adored Rob. Man stories can cause some hardships for the writer lol Cheers everyone!