Status: Complete, Only took four years XD

Tristis Nox

Nothing's Going On

I heard you were out late last night, Lady Tristis.” Moira snidely commented. “I bet your company was not the most interesting of people.” *Ouch, that was cruel.*
I wiped my mouth and asked, “What do you mean, Lady Cast?”
She looked up with mockery in her eyes. “I am just saying that Robert Hart is not the most talkative person to be spending the night with. Of course what you may have been doing may not have been talking strictly saying.” *Oh, you can’t play at my level lady. Trust me, my own people can’t stand me.*
“I do not know what you are hinting at, Lady Cast, but I can a sure you, Robert is a rather interesting person.” I gave her a sickeningly sweet smile.
“I am sorry to say, but I find that hard to believe, Lady Tristis. I have hardly heard that boy speak more than a few words at a time.” She was trying to match my fake sincerely.
“Perhaps you have not found a topic in common. After all, he would not wish to bore you with things of which you know nothing about. Or perhaps he is avoiding your own inane conversation and wishes to be perceived as boring so that you will leave him alone.” I looked at her with innocence in my eyes. “Right? Who would want to talk about something that they have no interest in.” Moira’s face flushed with anger and pursed her lips.
“Only one such as yourself would think like that. We women have very intellectual conversations that any man would want to participate in.” She huffed.
“What do your topics revolve around? Obviously not weapons, to which Robert would heartily converse about, because you do not believe women should have anything to do with them. So pray tell, what do you converse about?” I leaned back, waiting for her to answer.
“Meaningful things.”
“Such as? If you pique my interest, your topics are probably as deep and interesting as you say since I tend to enjoy things the males in this society seem to enjoy.” I could see the fire dying in her eyes as she was losing ground. *See you can’t compete with me, I can be just as catty as you.*
Anita cleared her throat so the ‘nice’ argument would end. “Master Haron, how is your business going?”
“Very well, thank you.” The rest of the meal, Anita made small talk with everyone around the table while I received glares from all the females. I did not bother to show any hint of caring, because in all reality I did not. Who were these people to me? The answer: nothing more than a few small slivers in my side. I do not mean to sound cruel, but it was a fact that hit me every so often. I was a stranger to this world and soon enough I would be gone and never seen them again.
The meal finally ended and everyone left to their own houses. “Tristis, you should not be mean to Lady Haron or any of the guests here.” Anita scolded.
“Then she should not stick her nose in other people’s business. What I do or do not do while I am with a friend does not concern her, unless I am harming her or her property.” I replied tiredly.
“Nonetheless, try being nicer.”
“I will, but if they won’t stop then neither am I. My patience is wearing thin with this none sense.” I stretched. “I’ll be right back, I’m going to go talk with Robby about tonight. I feel kinda bad I dragged him into my gossip mess and probably made it worse by jabbing at Miora.”
Anita sighed, but nodded. “It will probably be best if you do warn him about what has conspired here tonight. However, I do not know if it will be good for you to be seen entering his house.”
“My rep is already in shambles, what’s a little gossip between people. Plus, maybe I’m visiting Rayna.” I grinned. “See ya later.” I waved and walked out the door. I didn’t bother going fast to my destination, instead I walked at a calm pace and spaced; wondering how Vay was doing and how I was going to talk to King Able. By early dusk, I arrived at the Hart home and knocked. Rayna happily opened the door.
“Tristis!” She smiled and hugged me.
“Hello, Rayna. How are you doing?”
“Just fine, thank you. How are you?”
“Okay, is Robby home?”
“Is this about what is going around?” She asked as she ushered me inside.
“Yeah, kinda.” I replied unsure.
We walked into the large living room area where Robby and Jonathan sat working on something. “Robert, you have a guest.” Rayna sang.
Robby looked over and stood. “Hello, Tristis.”
“Hey, Robby. So I’m guessing you’ve heard we’re the talk of the town?” I sat down next to Rayna and across from Robby and Jonathan.
“Rayna informed me this afternoon during lunch.” He sighed.
“What did you hear?”
“Well, you two were caught walking home early this morning looking all disheveled. People are wondering and making up what is conspiring between you two.” Rayna informed.
“Is something going on between you?” Jonathan looked at us sternly. “I am fine with it, but I do not like thing happening behind my back.”
Robby and I looked straight at each other and simultaneously denied the claim. “No, nothing like that is going on!”
“We are friends.” He started.
“Nothing more.” I finished. Jonathan nodded and said nothing more about our relationship. *I’m glad we are on the same page about feelings. It could get awkward otherwise…*
“What have you hear, Tristis?” Rayna asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
If only Vay could hear the gossip lol How do you think he's react?