Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

36

Just as I set out on my journey to god knows where, my phone beeped in my pocket. I fished it out to find I had a text from Julia. Oh joy.

- [ Meet us @ Fabulous Formals in town. It’s on state street.] - J

- [ On my way. ] – R

Well at least now I had a destination. Albeit one I wasn’t terribly excited about. It would pass the time though. And as much as I tried to act like a badass, I had huge soft spot for pretty dresses.

Maybe going to homecoming wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. I’d get to wear a pretty dress and if I could convince John into chaperoning, I technically had a date.

My good sense of direction kicked in after wondering for a few minutes and stumbling upon a street I actually recognized. It took about fifteen minutes for me to locate the dress shop in particular once I got on State Street.

“There she is! Regan, doesn’t this look totally bitchin?” Julia immediately attached herself to my arm and dragged me over to the fitting room where she and Katie were trying on dresses.

She was stuffed like a sausage in this hideous pink frilly tube dress. It looked like her boobs were about to explode out of it. I was almost kind of hoping they would just for the shear humor of it.

“I thought you were going with blue dresses?” Dear god if she showed up to homecoming looking like that.

“Yeah, but this makes my boobs look huge!”

“Your boobs are huge,” Katie jutted in, emerging from the dressing room in a very elegant floor length emerald colored dress. It was gorgeous, but much too formal for a dance like homecoming.

“True,” Julia smirked, adjusting said boobs so they looked even more like they were about to pop out.

“I think blue would look best.”

Despite my input they ended up in pretty purple mini dresses. Matching ones. Thankfully not tube dresses, instead they were single shoulder. Julia’s boobs no longer looked like they belonged in some porno.

As Julia was checking out, Katie came up to me with a wine colored dress. She held it out to me.

“I know you said you didn’t want to go to the dance, and I’m not trying to be pushy, but this would look beautiful on you.”

I was slowly learning that Katie was right the majority of the time.

It was a halter dress, cut at a slant that went from my left thigh to my right ankle. It turns out it wasn’t just wine colored, is was gradient, starting with a soft peach and slowly turning into a deep crimson.

I guess I was going to homecoming after all.