Status: Sorry to leave you hanging guys! The keyboard on my laptop is malfunctioning.

Stop Pretending That You're Sorry

50

Positive.

And that’s when my internal freak out started happening.

“Mom?” I called. There was no answer. “MOM!”

Someone came barreling up the stairs, and judging by the heavy footsteps, it was not my mother.

“What’s wrong, babe?” Anthony asked, I could hear him through the bathroom door.

“The second one said positive.”

“Aw, fuck. Regan, you’re supposed to wait a few days before you take the other one.” It surprised me that he knew that. Was that common knowledge or something?

“But the girl in Juno took 3 on the same day.”

“Regan, that’s a fucking movie. Look, I’ll go buy another one, but wait a fucking week before you piss on it, yeah?”

So I tried to act as normal as possible at school and in public, but I wasn’t fooling everyone.

“Regan can I see you after class?” Mr. Harrington said just as the bell rang.

Well, fuck.

I packed up my shit, and by ‘packed up’ I mean I savagely stuffed it all in my bag and then headed over to see what the hell he wanted.

“Are you okay? You’ve been acting a little strange since last week.”

“Well, how would you feel if you knew everyone was secretly making fun of you behind your back, calling you ‘Taco Chunk’?”

“Do I need to report some kids for bullying?” Was he serious? Oh god, he was serious. What the hell?

“No, I can deal. It’s no biggie,” I sighed. “If that’s all, I’d like to get to class before I’m late.”

“Yeah, sure thing. Oh and Regan,” He called when my hand grasped the doorknob. “Cayleigh had nothing to do with us. She just coincidently showed up at the same time.”

“Okay, Mr. H.”

I didn’t know whether to believe him or not. I mean, I really wanted to. Still it was hard to believe he dumped me and Cayliegh showed up by coincidence. Still, it could be true.

“Ayo, Taco Chunk!” It was Antonio Romagano.

“Don’t fucking call her that,” Tucci hissed, punching his friend on the arm rather harshly.

“Chill, man. It was just a joke.”

“Well, it wasn’t funny,” I snapped, slipping my hand into Gavin’s and pulling him away.

“So, you go to the doctors?”

“Yeah,” I lied, “They said it was like a one day flu thing. Happens all the time.”

“Weird ass shit, man. Glad you’re okay though.” He pressed a soft kiss on my temple.

As soon as the last bell ended for the day I shot up out of my seat and ran for it. I was so anxious to get home. Today was the day I was taking the other test. Shit.

I chugged my water and jogged down the road, all the way back to Anthony’s house.

I bypassed him and mom sitting in the living room, watching TV, and bounded up the stairs to the bathroom.

I was starting to get better at it, the more tests I took. It isn’t as easy as you’d think, peeing on a stick.

I had to wait the allotted amount of time before checking, otherwise I could get another false negative. It was killing me, part of me really wanted to know, but the other half was terrified of looking.

The timer on my phone beeped, and I cautiously picked up the test.

Positive again.

“FUCK!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm putting the video up in the summary as soon as I finish typing this note. :)