Status: YAY! i wrote 15 chapters on one year!!! XD and that was 22 thousand words!(it said on my computer like 22,7somthing) I'm so proud of myself!

TLOZ, Rebirth

Kindness Shown

Link stood in the boss room. All around him under the floor, lava boiled and bubbled up, coating the ground every few minutes. 'What's waiting now?' It didn't take long for Link's thoughts to be answered. A roar split the air and a huge bolder started to move. Link armed himself and stepped slowly towards his opponent; King Dodongo. The reptilian like Goron monster eyed him, watching his movements carefully. Link made a move and grabbed a bomb from his adventure pack, waiting for his target to get closer. King Dodongo roared and opened his mouth wider, sucking in the air. Link dug his heals into the ground to hold himself to the floor and aimed for the enemy; he threw the bomb and landed it in the vortex, getting it swept into the monster's mouth. King Dodongo closed his mouth and a moment later his head rattled. The monster swayed and toppled over. Link started forward, but had to run back to the edge as a pool of lava came bubbling up from underneath. It took a few more moments for it to recede, but as soon as it was gone Link made a dash for King Dodongo and hacked at his belly until he started to move; Link jumped out of the way. King Dodongo returned to his feet and glared at Link. He ran at Link, sending him flying into the wall at the other end. 'Ow! ' he thought as he hit. 'How many times does this have to happen to me?' Link looked below him and tried to stand, but was too slow. The lava bubbled up and coated over Link's legs.

"AH!" Link screamed.

He made another attempt at standing and was successful. He was able to get to the wall and bring out a potion bottle. Yanking out the cork, he chugged the contents. A few seconds later the burns on his legs started to heal; unfortunately his clothes were scorched. King Dodongo watched Link the entire time, waiting to make another move. He did as soon as Link raised his sword. King Dodongo charged Link, but Link was quicker this time and King Dodongo rammed headlong into the wall. King Dodongo turned around, swaying, but shook his head and glared back at Link. The lava again rose, but it did nothing to the reptilian Goron. 'Of course, a rock body, so none of this lava will hurt him…Only me.' Link frowned and waited for his next opportunity to throw a bomb. The King opened his mouth then; Link released the bomb and King Dodongo swallowed it. Again the monster toppled over from the explosion inside its body and Link wacked away at its stomach. The battle continued like this, Link dodging and trying to throw bombs, King Dodongo trying to kill Link. Link was down to his last bomb when he was able to find his opening again. He chucked the explosive into the monster's mouth and stood back. King Dodongo rattled and toppled over and Link went in for the last blows. Link stabbed its underside this time and the monster shrieked; instantly it turned to stone and started to crumble away. Link retrieved his sword and watched as the last of the King faded away.

"Over, good!" Link huffed. The heat was starting to make him dizzy.

He turned to leave through the doors, but they wouldn't budge. He pushed and pulled, but nothing happened. Link turned as the ground started to tremble; the lava underneath was slowly bubbling up. Link tried to open the doors, more fervently this time, but they still wouldn't budge.

"Goddess! Please! Some help would be nice. I don't want to die yet!"

The lava continued to bubble and Link stared in horror as it started to rise, quicker and quicker. Soon it was up to his boots.

"Goddess!" Link cried. "Please!" The lava continued to rise. Tears streamed down Link's face as he thought of his unfinished journey, and his goal.

'Hero.'

Link looked around, trying to find the source of the voice. "Where are you?"

'Hero, come forward.'

Link shook his head; had he heard right? "I'll be burned instantly!"

'Come forward.'

Link growled, but did as the voice said. Link jumped as he noticed his state; he wasn't burning up. He continued to make his way to the middle, where a beam of light shot up out of the center of the lava sea. It engulfed Link and before Link could get ahold of anything, he was lifted up and warped to another place. It was still in the volcano, but it was cooler. There was no lava running through the walls or around the floor, just a ring of burning torches in the center of the room. Inside them sat a man, but not just any man, the Earth god.

"Young one, you have freed me. You have saved this mountain and its people. I thank you," said the Earth god.

Link bowed. "You are welcome."

The Earth god smiled and sat back; what appeared to be a pipe appeared in his hand, and as he puffed on it, forest lights drifted out of the pipe, hanging in the air. "You know what I am about to tell you. I have a Spirit I watch over as well. We have been separated for centuries. Please, if you would be so kind, bring my Spirit back here. She resides in Monetry. Please bring her to me. When you return, I will have a reward for your kindness."

"Thank-you very much," Link bowed again.

The Earth god smiled again. "Now, be on your way. Evil does not wait."
Waiving his hand in the air, a beam of light appeared and Link was consumed. When he opened his eyes he was back at the entrance; the Goron meeting room to be more exact. Gorons all turned and stared at him, gawking.

"Hello," said Link, waving.

"Brother!" cried Gordongo. He came to Link and embraced him.

"Yeah, good to see you too," mumbled Link.

Gordongo released Link and grinned. "It's good to see you alive, Brother! How was it?"

Link chuckled shakily. "Oh, you know, the usual avoid-death-and-save-Hyrule situation. I'm now to be heading to Monetry."

Gordongo patted Link's shoulder, laughing. "Good luck, Brother. We hope to see you again soon."

Shaking hands, Link left and found Epona at the base of the mountain, waiting patiently.
"Hey girl!" Link said with a smile. "Miss me?" Epona whinnied and rubbed her muzzle against Link's head and shoulder.

"Okay, okay!" Link laughed. "You did, I get it!"

Link checked his supplies quickly then swung himself into the saddle. "We're heading on again, girl. Are you ready?" Epona padded the ground and shook her head in anticipation. "Then let's go." Urging her on, they left to find the Spirit of Fire.

Every day a maid had been secretly sneaking in and giving Zelda food and water, and much needed company. It was a relief to have a friend out of all the trouble she had been in. The maid was there now, quietly chatting with Zelda.

"I know what you mean," whispered the maid. "I've been trying to get away from here for months. I was taken from my husband and little girl without warning. The master's guards came and next thing I knew I was dragged off to this wretched place."

"Is there any way that you could get me out?" asked Zelda, rattling her chains.

The maid shook her head. "It's not possible. The master keeps the key by him at all times." She looked at Zelda sorrowfully. "I'm sorry, Highness."

Zelda hung her head and sighed. "I understand." She lifted her head and smiled. "Though I am grateful to you. You have been kind to me. I owe you much."

The maid chuckled. "You owe me nothing, Highness. It's my joy to see you well." She looked at Zelda's abdomen. "And your little ones."

Getting up, she cleaned up her things and headed for the covered door in the far wall. "I shall be back tonight, Highness. Hang in there."

They smiled at each other and the maid left. Bowing her head, Zelda focused on a happy place. She thought of her family, safe, and back to the way it had been just a month ago. She thought of her life before all of this evil came, when she hadn't even met Link, back to when she was a little girl, running in the fields playing with the other children and the soldiers. She was free then. Happy and free, just the way she liked it. 'That shall all return.' said a little voice in her head. 'The Goddess of Power shall end, and the pure land of Hyrule shall be raised again. Do not worry young one, your mate is on his way.'

Zelda gasped and looked around. Had she heard right? 'Thank-you, Goddess, thank-you.' Link was on his way, that's all that she needed to know.