Status: sexually active ;)

Friendship / Love X Confusion = Unrequited Equation

Chapter 4

I woke up and stared at the ceiling. What the fuck did I drink last night? I feel like shit and my head is throbbing. Damn, I thought. After 30 minutes of staring I decided to call Bryan, the ceiling wasn't going to change anytime soon.

“Gosh… My head fucking hurts and my breath smells like Young Sun’s kimchi in KRCC’s fridge…” I said when Byran picked up after the third ring.

“Dude you got thrashed with that Heineken and it was just beer”, he answered sounding surprised.

“Umm… this is unusual, I thought I was immune to beer’s chemistry”, I replied with legitimate confusion. My people were known for drinking beer... weird.

“Well do you want to chill and grab some coffee?” he asked and I grunted as began to sit up in bed.

“Alright man! You pay though since you’re the loser in last night’s match”, I laughed but immediately regretted it. It even hurt to laugh.

“Shut up!” he said. “Well I’ll see you at 3 pm then”

"Okay" I said as he hung up the phone.

***


After getting off the phone with Bryan I got ready to meet him. My head was still killing me, but the promise of a dose of my favorite drug (aka coffee) made me fight through the pain and soon I was on my way.

When I got to Starbucks I spotted Bryan sitting in the corner focused on his cell phone screen, two coffees on the table in front of him. I sauntered over and sat in the chair directly facing him. "Hey" I greeted as I reached out and grabbed one of the coffee cups. I watched him as he glanced up at me uninterested, seeming melancholy.

"What's up?" He said after a few seconds of awkward silence.

"Thanks for the coffee" I said raising the cup up as though it was Simba being presented upon pride rock for the first time after his birth. A half smile making its way my face. He nodded at me indicating that it was no problem and smirking at me for making a whole scene of lifting the coffee up.

"Feeling better?" he asked, a seemingly evil grin displayed on his face.

"Yeah, a little..." I began to say, "Bryan what the fuck did you put in my drink?" I said realizing he had to have done something. The look on his face read guilty, but satisfied.

"Nothing really, just some Hennessey" He said without hesitation.

"You fucking asshole, you know I can't handle liquor as well as I can with beer"

"I know", he said unenthusiastically. "I just needed you to be hammered last night" He said seriously.

"What the fuck? Why?" I asked surprised. Why the fuck would my best friend purposely want me to be drunk to the point where my hangover was of the extremes; head throbbing, body aching.

"I couldn't let you tell him. I couldn't let you win this time" He said staring into my eyes. Oh fuck. He knew.

"What are you talking about dude?"

"Don't play dumb with me Tutski!", he practically yelled at me.

"Uhmm.." I began hesitantly.

"I know what you were going to say to CK! I know you were going to confess to him"

"How the fuck would you know that?" I questioned, no irritated.

"Lucky guess" He joked, but seemed angry under his lite chuckles.

"What it to you anyway? So what if I was going to confess? Is it because you love him too?" I asked pretty sure I already knew the answer. We stared at each other for a long time. My mind race with questions and thoughts of hate and regret until I heard a voice say “Um…Hi…guys…um what’s up!?”

I didn't take my eyes of Bryan and he remain unfazed as well when we both greeted in syn “Hi CK!”

My eyes widened and so did Bryan's. “Oh Shit! CK it’s you!” We said at the same time again.

CK rolled his eyes at us “Mind stopping the in sync phrases and yes it’s me who the fuck else would it be!” He have shouted.

I coughed awkwardly and so did Bryan as we mumbled a short sorry.

“So…um CK what are you doing here?” I asked him after taking a sip of my coffee.

“ I should be asking you two the same question, seeing as you guys failed to invite me for coffee this morning.” He said, seeming hurt.
I gave him an apologetic look while Bryan shrugged nervously.

“Sorry bro, this hangover got my mind fucked up, I can’t even think straight.” Bryan claimed as he massaged his temples with a slight frown on his face.

“Same here, thinking too much is straining my mind.” I said.

He nodded in agreement. “I’m doping up on Alieve pills today if the coffee at home isn’t going to work.” CK said.

Bryan did his weird laugh at his joke as he leaned back in the chair while sipping his coffee as well. I chuckled slightly before turning towards CK and saying “Speaking of your home CK…I left my spoken words notebook at your house, do you mind dropping by my house to give it to me?”

“Oh! Yea dude no problem! Some of the spoken words you wrote down were pretty awesome man! Especially the one were you were talking about the one you love and how much you’d wished you had enough courage to confess! Dude it would be perfect if you confessed with spoken words!” He said.

Bryan grunted in disapprovingly at what CK said.

I shifted in my seat uncomfortably. Holy shit he read that? “Umm…well that sounds like a good idea…but I think I’ll wait a little before I confess”

“Oh~ better yet just never confess.” Bryan said with his arms crossed over his chest. Asshole

I frowned at what Bryan said while I flicked him off, making CK laugh in amusement.

“One thing I can confess is that I can kick your ass in six rounds of Mortal Combat!” I exclaimed with a smirk as I pointed at Bryan mockingly.

“Well I can confess that I can beat your ass in ten rounds of Mortal Combat! SO BRING IT ON TUTSKI!” Bryan yelled standing up and slamming his empty coffee cup on the table in front of us.

“OH IT’S BEEN BROUGHT BRO IT’S BEEN FUCKING BROUGHT!!” I yelled as well, standing up and slamming my coffee cup on the table too.

“CHALLENGE ACCEPTED THEN! Off to your apartment we go!” Bryan yelled as said goodbye to CK with a simple pat on the shoulder.

“I CAN’T WAIT TO MAKE YOU EAT YOUR FUCKING WORDS BRO!” I yelled back quickly making my way out the Starbucks but not before ruffling CK's hair as a goodbye. I walked behind Bryan who headed for his car while I headed toward my bike.

"You fucking environment killer!!" I yelled when I saw him unlock his driver's side door.

"You biking Dike!" He retorted.

"I'll see you soon fucker!!"

"Yes you will!!" He yelled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha Ha Ha you thought I would continue right where Saikia left off.. Wrong! I'm leaving that up to Mara (TheYachtHasSailed) Ha... sorry Mara XD