It Feels Like I'm Falling In Love Alone

Let’s Spend Tonight On Top Of The World

I woke up at about nine thirty the next morning. The curtains were closed, and the smallest sliver of light peaked in from under them. I sat up slowly. Ash was still on his side of the bed, not like that’s new. I’m still waiting for the day I wake up and his big strong arms are wrapped around me.

I sighed and got out of the bed, walking into the bathroom. I looked into the mirror. I always look horrible when I wake up. No makeup, puffy eyes, sleep marks and drool on my face. Yeah, I was a sight to behold. An ugly one. I ran a brush through my hair before putting it all in a high pony tail, then grabbed a wash cloth from the cabinet. I drenched it in hot water and started scrubbing at my face.

“If you keep that up your face will fall off.” I heard Ash laugh next to me. I jumped a good ten feet out of my skin.

“You scared me you ass hole!” I almost yelled punching him in the arm.

“Why do you do that anyway?” He asked when I threw the towel in the dirty clothes basket.

“Do what?”

“You scrub your face with hot water. Then when it’s all dry, you put that lotion stuff on it.” He said right when I was reaching for my lotion and applying it on my face.

“I don’t want achene and I don’t want my face to dry out. Is there anything you want, or were you just planning on watching me all morning?” I wouldn’t mind if he watched me all morning.

“Party tonight.” He smiled at me. “Jinxx said he’s bringing beer.”

“Great. That’s exactly what we need, and inebriated Jinxx running around everywhere.” I laughed walking out of the bathroom. Ash and I walked together down the stairs and into the kitchen. There was a box of doughnuts and a note from my Mom and Dad. Ash grabbed the note and read it out loud:

“‘Boys, I left money for food for the party on the table downstairs. NO BEER! Love Mom.’” Ash let out a little laugh. “Jinxx is still bringing the beer.”

“I know he is.” I opened the box and ate a doughnut. Ash grabbed one from the box and stuffed it in his mouth.

“Well, what do you think your parent's would do if they found the beer cans?” He asked licking his fingers. I was too preoccupied watching him suck at his fingers that I didn't hear the question all the way.

“I have no idea.” I muttered, my face turning red.

“Andy, you're blushing again. Why do you do that? Are you sick?” He asked looking at me with concern.

“No, I was thinking about something. Sorry.”

“What were you thinking about? Is it that Juliet chick? Are you gonna talk to her soon, is that why?” He sat at the seat next to me, leaning in close. “Tell me. I wanna know.” He was way too close for my comfort, I couldn't be held responsible for anything I might do.

“No, I'm not telling.” Not telling you that Juliet doesn't exist and that you're the one doing this to me. Ash leaned in closer to me.

“What if I kiss you?” Ash smiled. This isn't happening. I know this isn't real. I must be sleeping, I know I am.

“No thank you.” I said pushing him away. “Why would you even suggest that?”

“It's just a joke Andy.” He laughed grabbing another doughnut and walking to the basement.

“Yeah... A Joke.” I laughed feeling a twinge of hurt. If only I could tell him how much I actually liked him and the things I would do to him.

“PARTY TIME!!” Jinxx laughed beating on the door. “C'mon!” He was way too damn loud.

“Sorry. He drank a bit in the car.” Jake laughed walking in with a case of beer under his left arm, holding on to Evans hand with his right hand, and Evan with a case underneath his right arm.

“You guys brought two cases? Man, Andy's parents are gonna be pissed.” Ash lauged.

“No they wont. They probably already knew about us drinking.” I laughed leading everyone down to the basement.

“How do you know?” Ash asked.

“Well, I opened this closet, under the stairs.” I walked over to the closet door, and opened it. Inside was a mini fridge. I opened the fridge and it was full of beer. “I think my Dad put this here.”

“Andy, your parents are awesome.” Jinxx smiled giving me a high five.

As soon as the beer started being opened, everything turned black. I woke up with a splitting head ache in somewhat of a pile of beer cans. I was on the floor in the basement underneath the drum kit. I stumbled to my feet and looked around. Jinxx was behind the couch without his shirt on with 'Dick Weed' written in sharpie on his forehead. Ash was on the couch, no shirt or pants, with his tattoo colored in in rainbow colors. But where were Jake and Evan?

I tried walking out of the basement, but my everything hurt. I just kinda stumbled over everything. When I finally made it up to the kitchen, there was a note on the table from Mom.

'Andy, I told you no beer, but your Dad obviously didn't listen to me. There are five clean coffee cups on the counter and the pot is set. Just hit start. It's good for hangovers. Have a fun day. Mom <3'

Yeah. I should have listened to her. I let out a little chuckle and turned on the coffee pot and went on looking for Evan and Jake. I made my way up to my room and yep. I found them. No need to go into details about how I found them, just know that I'm going to have to wash... No, burn my sheets.

I slammed the door shut and hurried back down the stairs. The coffee was done by the time I made it back into the kitchen. I made myself a cup and leaned against the counter. My phone started vibrating, it was surprisingly still in my pocket. I had gotten a text from Sammi.
'Hey Andy. Sorry I couldn't be there for your party. Hope it was fun. Happy Belated Birthday ~<3 Sammi Doll'

I smiled at the message. Sammi was the greatest girl I'd ever met. She actually met Jinxx through me, so they'd better thank me for that later on down the line.

I stared at my phone screen for a second. It'd been a while since I'd taken a picture of myself, might as well. I opened up my camera app, then looked in my photo album. My jaw dropped, as well as the coffee cup in my hand. Because looking back at me was a picture, of Ash and me, in my bathroom upstairs, kissing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried adding extra spaces between the paragraphs. Tell me if it makes it better. Also, sorry for the late updates. I'm really sorry.

Chapter from 'On Top Of The World' by Boys Like Girls