Status: Being Revised As Of 6/7/2012

Right By Your Side

Chapter Three

The buzzing from the alarm woke me up like the past three days. It was really starting to bug me. I waited for Andrew to turn it off since it was his, but he didn’t wake up. So instead I grabbed it and threw it across the room. Once the noise stopped, I lied back down and tried to fall asleep.

“What did you do?” He groaned.

“I took care of the problem.” I said tiredly.

“By breaking my alarm clock?” He laughed.

“Yep.” I said.

“Well I need to shower, which means you have to get up,” he yawned. I groaned but got up anyways. His bathroom is designed so that the shower and toilet were in a separate part of the bathroom, almost like a closet. He brought me a chair to sit in while he took a shower. Since I had forgotten my phone on the bed, I got bored easily. A smile came to my face as I suddenly had an idea.

I looked at the rope and gave it a good pull. I heard him scream and a bang. I laughed as I saw the door open.

“What the hell was that for?” he asked shocked, as he stuck his head out the door. I shrugged my shoulders, smiling.

“I’ll remember that," he promised. Once he was done showering, I got in. It took us about an hour to finish getting ready.

“Ready to go?” he asked me. I nodded my head and grabbed my school bag as we walked out the door. When we got to school, we went to say hi to his friends. Once the bell rang, we made our way to our first period and sat down.

“So how’s everyone doing today?” the teacher asked us. Some said tired, some said good, some said annoyed, and some said pissed off.

“Geez, what happened to all the nice children?” he asked sarcastically.
“We don’t come out till lunch,” I retorted.

“Today everyone is going to take a turn in the confessional booth. Andrew and Lennox why don’t you two go first,” he suggested. We walked over to the closet/booth and he let me go in first while he sat in the chair outside the door. Once the door was locked and he couldn’t hear me, I turned the camera on and began to record.

“Ok, my name is Lennox and my partner is Andrew. It’s day five and I’m starting to get used to being with him twenty four seven. I guess I’ll start off by saying I’m really surprised. I never knew that he could be so kind and generous towards other people. I mean he gave up football so I wouldn’t fail. He opens my door for me. He lets me listen to music that he doesn’t really like. He lets me sleep in the bed while he sleeps on the floor. I just never would have expected any of this. He’s a real gentleman. I’m excited to see where this goes. I’m hoping we make it through all eighteen weeks,” I said. When I finished I turned off the camera and stepped out smiling.

Andrew’s P.O.V.

After Lennox came out, I went inside the confessional.

“My name is Andrew and Lennox is my partner. Before this project, I never even really knew her. I mean I knew she existed, but that was about it. I guess she was just so quiet that I never noticed her. But now I’m like ‘how could I have not noticed her?’ She is extremely polite yet incredibly sarcastic at the same time. And she’s incredibly cute. If I didn’t have a girlfriend, I would definitely ask her out. I guess that’s my confession,” I said smiling.

*****

Lunch came around and we decided to go get our lunches. When walked back to the hang out spots we both looked at each other wondering where we were hanging out with today.

“Where do you want to go? I know you’re normally by yourself, so if you don’t want to hang out with my friends, that’s fine,” I told her.

“No it’s ok with me. We can hang out with them," she said shaking her head.

“You sure?” I asked. She nodded her head and we walked over to my friends. After we sat down my girlfriend walked up and sat next to me.
“Hey baby,” she said kissing me.
“Hey Mace,” I said.
“What are you doing today?” she asked me.
“I’m not sure,” I said honestly.
“Well, how about we hang out? I haven’t seen much of you lately,” she said.
“Ok, sure, but remember I have Lennox with me,” I said.
“I know. How about we go to the game tonight together and then afterwards we go see a movie. And have her bring someone. It could be like a double date,” she said excited.
“Alright sounds good,” I said kissing her.
“I’ll see you tonight than. I have to go,” she said and kissed me on my cheek before she left.

Lennox’s P.O.V.

*After school*

“So Macy and I were thinking about going to the game tonight. Did you want to bring someone?” he asked me as we got in his car.
“Yeah sure,” I said. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to my friend Erin asking him if he wanted to go with me.

“Can we run over to my place real quick? I need to get a few things.” I said.

“Sure.” He said. When we got to my house, I saw my mom’s car parked outside. Part of me wished she wasn’t there. I just didn’t really want Andrew and her to meet her yet. We walked inside and I saw her sitting on the couch in the living room.

“Hey mom.” I said once she saw me.

“Hi.” She said keeping her attention to the TV.

“This is Andrew my partner for the school project.” I told her. She just simply grunted so I turned to Andrew.

“This way.” I said and took him to my room. I grabbed some hair products, a summer dress, and a pair of sandals.

“What’s up with your mom?” He asked.

“She’s just…tired.” I lied and he nodded his head. A few minutes passed and I was ready to go.

“Alright I’m ready.” I said.

“I’ll take your bag.” He said. I thanked him and we walked out of the house, not even bothering to say bye to my mom.

“If you don’t mind me asking, where’s your dad?” He asked.

Honestly, I was surprised that he even remembered that my dad didn’t live with us.

“Um-he walked out on us when I was four.” I said and he nodded his head.

We didn’t say much more on our way back to his house. When we got there, he let me take a shower first and then he got in. After an hour we were both were ready to leave. Instead of wearing his normal football uniform, he just wore his jersey to support the team. Then we drove back to the school and found Macy and Eric. We sat down in the bleachers and waited for the game to start.

“How weird is it not being able to play?” Macy asked Andrew quietly.

“Very weird. But it’s ok. I’d rather be here.” He said smiling and looking at her. For a quick second I could have sworn he looked over at me while he smiled, but I just brushed it off.

“So do you like football?” Erin asked me.

“Not really. It can’t really keep my attention.” I laughed.

“Do you play any sports?” I asked.

“Yeah, I’m on the track team.” He said.

“That’s cool.” I said.

“You want to know something funny?” He asked.

“Sure.” I said.

“Before this, I was actually thinking about asking you out but I just wasn’t sure how.” He said.

“Me too. I just didn’t have the guts to do it until now.” I smiled.
“Well I’m glad you did.” He said.

“Me too.” I said.

“I’m going to go get something to drink, would you like
something?” He asked standing up.

“Water would be great, thanks.” I said. He nodded his head and began to walk down the bleachers.

“So how is your date going?” Andrew asking scooting next to me.

“Good, how is yours?” I asked.

“Good. So what do you think about him?” He asked.

“He’s a nice guy. Why?” I laughed.

“You think he’s nice?” He asked.

“Yeah, why not?” I asked.

“He’s been staring at your chest the entire night.” He scoffed.

“He has not!” I said.

“Yeah, he has!” He said.

“He’s coming back over here! Shut up!” I said quickly.

“Here you go.” Erin said handing me a bottle of water.

“Thank you! That’s very sweet.” I said and looked over at Andrew
really quick.

“Where did Macy go?” Erin asked Andrew. I actually hadn’t even noticed she was gone.

“She’s down on the field for cheerleading.” He said pointing to the group of girls.

“Are you cold?” Erin asked looking at me.

“Just a little. But I’ll be fine.” I said.

“I think you’re more than just a little cold, you’re shaking. Here, have my sweater.” He said and took it off.

“You don’t have to do that. I’ll be fine.” I said.

“Don’t be silly.” He said and put it around my shoulders.

“Thanks.” I said. As half time was announced, Erin put his arm around my waist. Now I’m not stupid I know the rules or the arm. If it’s around the shoulders he’s your friend. If it’s around your mid waist then it’s your first date. And if it’s around your waist then either your dating or he wants to get in your pants. Since I wasn’t letting him in my pants anytime soon and we weren’t officially dating, I slid his hand up to my mid waist and smiled at him. I saw him pull out his phone so I tried not to pay any attention.

Suddenly I felt my phone buzz so I pulled it out of my pocket. I had one text from Erin. Smiling, I opened it up and read ‘What would you say if I said I really wanted to kiss you? Would HE mind? :P’. I smiled at his text and wrote back ‘I’d say go right ahead, who cares.’ And with that he turned his head to me and kissed me. It was a simple kiss. But that was it. Just a kiss. No sparks flying, no butterflies forming in my stomach.

I heard his phone go off and we broke the kiss.

“I’m sorry but my mom wants me home. Can I call you later?” He asked. I knew I didn’t have the heart to say no, he was just too sweet.

“Sure.” I said. He nodded his head and leaned in for another kiss. I kissed him back a bit forcefully hoping that I might feel something. But I was let down once again.

“Night.” He said and walked away.

“Isn’t there a rule about no kissing on the first date?” Andrew asked.

“And who are you, the kissing police?” I asked sarcastically.

“Sorry. I’m just trying to look out for you.” He said putting his hands up.

“Well, I can look out for myself. You have Macy to look out for remember?” I said softly. He looked taken back for a second but quickly snapped out of it.

“Williams! I need you out there!” A coach shouted walking up the bleachers.

“I can’t play coach!” He said confused.

“I know that! Do I look stupid to you? I need you up on the Corner House to film. Since I’m down a player I need Dustin off the cameras and out on the field. You’re taking his place.” He said. I always liked him. He was like an old sarcastic grumbly man. We got along pretty well.

“Let’s go.” Andrew sighed.

“What’s the Corner House?” I asked as we walked out of the bleachers.

“It’s up on the roof where I showed you a couple days ago. We film the game from up there.” He said. When we got to the side of the building, we met up with his best friend Conner.

“Hey, Conner.” Andrew said.

“Alright I’m going to go up first and you’ll trail behind me. Conner will be right behind you to make sure you don’t fall.” He told me.
Andrew slowly climbed up and I followed. We went very slow to make sure neither of us fell. Because if one of went down, then so would the other. Once we got up to the top I took a deep breath in. The view was amazing. I had seen it during the day, but it was ten times better at night. Not only could I see the entire field, but I could also the surrounding city. I had never been much of a city girl, but it was nights like these when I appreciated all the lights.

“Call me when you guys need to come back down.” Conner said and headed back down the ladder.

“Do you like him?” Andrew asked.

“Huh?” I asked. I was so amazed by the view that I had no clue what he was talking about.

“Erin, do you like him, like a lot?” He asked.

“I’m not really sure.” I said shrugging my shoulders.

“What do you mean?” He said.

“He’s really sweet and all but when I kissed him, I just didn’t feel anything. There was no spark.” I said thoughtfully.

“I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me. Maybe there isn’t such thing as a spark. Or maybe it’s just not there yet.” I tried to say.

“It’s definitely not you. Believe me. If it’s not there, then it’s just not there.” He said looking into my eyes.

“I guess I just thought there might be something more.” I said.

“Like the feeling that you never want to let go.” He said.

“Yeah.” I said.

“Like all you want to do is hold them in your arms.” He said. I looked into his eyes and finally noticed how close we were. Only a few more inches and we would be kissing.

“That’s exactly how I imagined it to be.” I whispered. I searched his eyes for something, I’m not sure what. All I saw was what I was feeling, the need to feel something, the need to feel love. We both moved closer and our lips collided softly. His kiss was so much more different from Erin’s. I felt passion in his kiss.

He cupped my face in his hands and kissed me again. I heard a noise coming from the ladder and we both jumped back. I stared at him in shock. I had just practically made out with Macy’s boyfriend who also happened to be my partner. But no matter how bad I felt, I just wanted to do it again. His touch left my lips feeling tingly. It left me wanting more.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you like this story please tell your friends! i need more readers and subscribers!

Comment and subscribe! :)