Al and Mel

Chapter Six: Al

So here I am in the stupid nurse's office. I've told them a million, zillion times that I am fine but still no one will listen to me. I huffed up as Mel said excitedly," Guess what!"

I pouted," What?"

She hopped on the bed with me," Cammy and his friends got Trevor back during football today!"

I frowned," How when he's in my period?"

She laughed," Football players have to do half and half during that period." She patted my knee, as if trying to reassure herself that I was okay. " Anyway, I hid in Cammy's locker to wait for them to get him back. They all came in with Trevor on their shoulders with his mouth taped shut! Then they poured caramel all over him! Then some feathers and.."

The door slammed open," Al, you scared the living crap out of me! I thought you'd died or something." Cameron sat down in a nearby chair," What happened?"

I stood up stiffly and walked out to the nurse," Mrs. Johnson, I'm ready to go home." She nodded, preoccupied with something on the computer screen. I heard Mel and Cam calling for me to come back, to tell them what's wrong. I ignored them as I pulled the door open and fresh autumn air rushed up to welcome.

My house was about a five minute walk from the high school so I started off, determined to clear my head, to get him out of my mind where he didn't belong I don't understand how these feelings developed or when. I just want it to end right now.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice Cam's car pulling up to the curb. The shut of his door brought me back to reality," Al What's wrong with you?"

I just walked on, not giving him the time of the day. If he was going to ditch us for some pretty smooth talking blond, he better not expect me to be happy about it! He grabbed my shoulder," Bloody hell, just tell me what's wrong."

I ripped away from him and continued on to my front step. " Why don't you tell Mel about how you were going to blow us off for some new girlfriend of yours?"

Mel asked accusingly now that she had caught up," What girlfriend"? You were going to ditch us for her?"

He smiled sheepishly," Uh, I have a new girlfriend. She just moved here from Florida, her name is Riley." He rubbed the back of his head with his hand.

Mel slapped him across the face," What the heck! We are your best friends and you were going to desert us for a girlfriend? Some friend you are. Gr!"

I went in the front door and Mel followed me as I shut the door in his surprised, sad face. Mel and I took one look at each other before we hugged each other tightly, crying our eyes out.

Mom walked into the room and rushed over to us, hugging us close. " What's wrong?"

Mel let go of me momentarily, to explain why we were so upset. I seized the moment to run up the stairs and into my bed room, slamming down on my bed. I pulled my pillow pet to my chest and asked it," Why are we not good enough for him? What does she have that we don't?"

Mel knocked on the door," You okay?"

I smiled weakly," Yeah."

She grinned back at me as she plopped down on my bed and asked," Wanna watch Nemo?"

I screamed," FINDING NEMO!" Then I found my clown fish pillow. "Who doesn't wanna watch Nemo?"

She giggled at me and flipped through the channels until she found the show. We sat back on my head board and spent the friday night, acting like five year olds.

I love my best friend. I just hope we can talk to Cam monday but for now, we're just going to settle with acting like kids. Nothing ever goes wrong for long as a child.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short but I like it(: Subscribe & Comment.