Status: Completed. (Sequel Maybe? Not sure.)

Minutes of Accidental Escape

"carry me home tonight.."

“Is it still working?” Joanne asked Dan who was having trouble with his cell phone. It seemed he broke it when they both jumped out of the car.

“I don’t know, but it’s supposed to work.” he stared at the blank screen of his phone for a moment. The screen light still worked but it didn’t display anything. “If this was a movie, maybe a wicked scene would come after we jumped out of the car. But in this reality, it is just a bad idea.” He realized he couldn’t fix his phone. He sighed.

“You’re probably right but at least we both have experienced the feeling of being in action movie. And we also have known that it’s not that cool.” She laughed, followed by Dan. They both realized how miserable their condition was and put up with the situation seemed the best they could do.
Night was getting late. They were walking down the road. Daniel helped Joanne with her walk; considering her knee got injured from jumping out of the car. They just walked with no direction; they really had no idea where they were.

“You look so tired. Are you okay?” Dan was aware of Joanne’s condition. He knew that she might just get tired of walking.

“Yes, I’m alright.” She said even though she knew she wasn’t. Her knee was getting weak; she could fall anytime if she didn’t pick steps.

“Are you sure?” he doubted her. “Here, on my back. Come on!” he added before she could answer his question. He got down letting her to get onto his back.

“You don’t have to do that. I can walk for another miles.” She tried to convince Daniel. But she failed.

“And you’ll really break your leg before one hour walking. Do you really want that to happen?” he was right, she thought. “Besides, I try to be gentleman here. Don’t you see?”

“Okay, alright. But please tell me if you were tired or if I was too heavy.” Finally she agreed and let Dan to carry her on his back.

“Yes, ma’am” he said as he let her get onto his back. “Joanne? You’re so damn light that I can do this piggy ride for hundreds miles.” He giggled, but he told the truth.

“You don’t want that to happen, sir.” She punched his arms slowly.

The rest of the night seemed a pleasure for both of them. They were having conversation as walked down the road. Even though Joanne was kind of sad, knowing the plan for her brother’s birthday that she had set up didn’t go as she wanted to, but she knew everything would turn out alright eventually.

After they walked for 2 hours straight, finally they found a motel. Dan thought it was better to stay for a night before they could go to visit Joanne’s brother. But Joanne thought the opposite. Dan convinced her and she finally agreed with Dan. Dan really had her agree to any idea he makes, she thought to herself.

“Good evening, sir. Can I help you?” greeted the young man.

“Yes, I’d like to stay here for one night.” He said as he let Jo to get down from his back.

“One room for two?” the young man asked to make sure.

Joanne and Dan looked at each other. “Well, I guess, yes?” he was waiting Joanne to accept an invitation.

“Since I don’t have much cash and bring no card at all, so I guess it’ll be fine if we share room.” She told him. “But can we have two single beds?”

“Sure thing, ma’am” the young man let them finish the administration stuff before give the room key.

“And, do you need any first aid kit?” he added.

“Please! We’re gonna need it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the late update. I had no internet connection for a month and have been busy as committee of some events in college. Even though the story is short I hope you still enjoy it! Feedback would be super nice :)
thanks for reading!

xo