Status: Finished!

Life as We Know It

40

Like i had thought, those 2 days went by so slowly. Lindsay and I were walking around the airport after checking in. We had a super early flight, 5:30am which meant basically everything was closed. We went through security and headed to the gate. We were allowed on the plane first so we got ourselfs settled.
"you ready to see daddy" Lindsay said as she strapped Lakyn to her lap.
"Daddys going to be so excited to see you"
"i know mommys excited to see him"
"Oh mommy is" i said
i was nervous to take them on the plane. I know people always look a someone with a baby like "keep that kid quite and we will be good" i have two i have to keep quite and calm.
Maui was sleeping when the plane took off, Lakyn was just checking out his scenery.
they were good the whole way to Atlanta, Lindsay and i just talked about random things.
We had to rush to our gate at atlanta as our flight was a little delayed at Tampa.
Maui wasn't having this flight though. She was always wanting to move, cry and just wasn't having a good time which made the flight seem 10 times longer.
Lindsays and i were so relieved when we heard the lady say we would be landing in 10 minutes and to get ready. Lakyn was asleep on me so we just had to fight Maui to sit still long enough for us to strap her in.
I was so happy when i felt the plane touch the ground.
"Lets get out of here" I said to lindsay
it took 10 minutes from landing for us to get off the plane. It was still early, 9:30am. We picked up the stroller, Lakyn was happy to be in it but Maui wasn't having it so i just carried her. Once we picked up the suitcases we went to go out.
"you ready to see daddy" i said to Maui
"Let's go find him" Lindsay said
we walked around and then i saw him.
"Do you see daddy" i said pointing over to him.
I wanted to run to him so bad but i could with the stroller, instead he ran over to me.
"i've missed you so much" he said as he hugged me
"I've missed you too"
he took Maui from me and she was happy again
"She just wanted her daddy" Lindsay said
"huh" Cameron said
"She's been fuzzy the whole way here"
"She loves me more"
"She's totally a daddys girl"
"Okay well i'm going to go find my driver" Lindsay said
"Okay i'll see you later" i said
she walked off leaving us
"Let's go" i said
"Wait"
he pulled me closer and kissed me. Oh how i've missed his lips on mine.
"okay now we can go" he said taking the suitcase as i pushed the stroller
When we got to the car he had already gotten car seats so i didn't have to bring them. He put Maui in then took lakyn out the stroller
"Hey buddy, i missed you" he said as he strapped him into his seat.
i put the stroller and Suitcases in the trunk before getting in. Cameron got in and i turned and smiled at him
"i've missed you" i said
"you don't know how much i've missed you"
he leaned over and we kissed, i smiled throughout the kiss. I knew i was making the right decision.
We started to drive to Lindsays house. It felt nice being back in California, i was excited tog et everything going.
"So what have you been up to this week" i asked
"Just ctahing up with my dad, talking about band stuff, boring stuff, you"
"a part from look after them, not a lot i wasn't really in the mood to do anything"
"Kayli told me about you when i left, i felt so bad i wanted to get on the next flight back to you"
"well i'm kind of glad you didn't otherwise i wouldn't be here now, building my future in San Diego"
"So you sure you want San Diego and not LA"
"i'm sure"
we arrived at Lindsays house, it looked like she had arranged for someone to drop travel cribs and highchairs and other things i would need for the twins as i couldn't bring any of that stuff with me.
Cameron carried my suitcase in while i got the twins. I put the twins on the floor and collapsed on the couch and he joined me
"Travelling with them is exhausting" i said as he wrapped his arms around me and i snuggled into his chest.
The next thing i know i was waking up in bed upstairs. i looked at the clock and it read 11:45. i walked downstairs and saw Cameron playing with the twins
"nice nap" he said
"yeah, i guess. How, what, i don't know"
"you fell asleep like 2 seconds after sitting on the couch so i carried you upstairs.
"Well thank you" i said
"so are you ready to head to my dads"
"let me just freshen up and change, then i will be ready"
i went to my suitcase and pulled out toiletries and a nice sundress. I went upstairs watched my face, brushed my teeth, comb my hair and changed into the dress and headed downstairs.
"Alright, i'm ready"
"Lets go then"
we each picked up a twin and headed to his car. As we started to make the drive down i started to get nervous. I've never met his dad and i don't even know what he thinks about me or the twins. what if he hates me.
"Whats the matter babe" Cameron said
"Nothing"
"Theres something wrong, i know there is"
"Okay, what if your dad doesn't like me"
"Theres no way he isn't going to like you, in fact i'm sure he will love you"
"Sure, love the girl who got pregnant and had your kids yeah im sure he will"
"Hay it took the both of us to get you pregnant and he doesn't hate me, so he wont hate you"
"Your his son, i'm just a random girl"
"But you aren't a random girl, you're my girl"
i liked that sound of that. It made me smile.
we pulled up into his driveway
"looks like Zach and Michael are here"
"They are" i said excitedly.
Cameron got Maui and i got Lakyn and we headed to the door. he opened it and i was so scared, i don't even know why
"I'm back" he said
"We're in the living room" i heard, i guess it was his dad
he walked in and i followed behind
"And who is this" i heard definitely his dad
"This is Maui" Cameron said
"Hi Maui, i'm your paps"
"Dad this is Kennedy, Kennedy this is my dad"
"It's nice to finally meet you" i said
"It's nice to meet you too"
"This is Lakyn"
"Hey buddy"
we sat down and started to chat about things, about my flight over, what made me decide to come.
"Zach's cars out front, where is he" Cameron asked
"him, Anna and Michael and Vic are in the yard. They probably haven't noticed you're here"
"I'll go get them" Cameron said
he got up and went outside leaving me and his dad
"i just want to let you know i think it was a brave thing to do, trying to keep his career going and raising them alone"
"Thank you"
"She looks just like him" pointing at Maui on the floor
"I know she's like a mini him, she's a daddys girl as well during the summer she was attached to his hip"
"she wont be in about 10 years when he gets overprotective of her and boys"
"oh he's already said she isn't dating until she's 30"
"Sounds about right"
"i said 16 and he wasn't having any of it"
"i wasn't having any of what" Cameron said coming in
"just talking about you being overprotective of Maui"
"Oh yeah, she's wearing sweatpants and turtlenecks, no guys going to get her"
"Kennedy" i heard i looked up and saw Zach and Michael
"Guys" i said getting up and hugging them both.
ZAch sat down with the twins
"Hey, it's uncle Zach, i'm the coolest person you will ever know"
Everyone started laughing and chatting again. Vic and Anna decided to come inside so we all went out to lunch and spend the ret of the day down by the beach before Cameron took us back up to Lindsays where she was and have gotten me a rental car for this week.