The Lovers Grimm

The Only Place

The drive to Portland was long, and confusing. By the time I reached the police department, it was pitch black, and I was about to pass out from exhaustion.

I opened the doors to the precinct, getting blinded by bright lights that were killer on my weary eyes. I looked to the Captain's office, seeing 3 men. A tall, frightening brunette, a shorter bearded black man, and finally a slightly built brunette. He must've felt me staring, because his shockingly bright eyes met mine, causing me to hastily look sway. When I did I came face to face with a hideous Skalengeck, his greasy human face turning quickly to a hissing scaled one. I backed away from the gaged reptile, baking straight into a cop holding onto a Skalenzahne that was pitching quite a fit. He slashed at me, causing me to jump back with a start, bumping into a third man. I silently prayed that it was a human. I turned to see the brunette from the office.

"Whoa! You alright? You look a little shaken up." I nodded, looking him over. He looked somewhat like mom, but I shook it off. "Can I help you?"

"Yea." I internally cringed, realizing I had just said 'yea' to a police officer. "Can you help me find someone? I couldn't think of anywhere else that would have that information this late at night, and I just figured that I-" I babbled, getting short of breath.

"Hey, it's ok. I'll help you find St. Wu . He'll be able to help you." He smiled. He had a sweet smile. "Who exactly are you looking for?"

I pushed my hood of my jacket off, shaking my naturally curly hair free as the man lead me to a seat. I almost wept at home comfortable it was to my exhausted form. "I'm looking for my cousin, Nick Burkhardt."

He looked at me like I was nuts. "Nick...Nick Burkhardt?" I nodded, rubbing my sore temples. "I'm Nick. Burkhardt."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, it's short. Cliffhangers, cliffhangers, cliffhangers! Just like the series... :)

anyway, here's the links and another chapter is on the way right now! :)

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Skalenzahne
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Skalengeck