The Lovers Grimm

Strange New Environment

Nick seemed to hesitate as he shut off his car engine. He cast a unsure glance my way.

"Look, I promise I won't be a hassle. I just have no where to go!" He nodded, looking to the house then back to me.

"There's just something you have to know about my girlfriend-"

"Girlfriend? You mean you live together, but you haven't proposed?" I asked, amused. The way he talked about her on the way home led me to believe they were married, or at least engaged.

"I did."

"Oh. Ouch."

"Yeah."

The car fell into silence again, and I tried my best to ignore the tense air. It was difficult to say the least.

"Anyway, she doesn't know. What we are, I mean. Or what we can do and see." My eyebrows shot up. Well this was going to be interesting.

I set my bag just inside the door, gaping at the house I had just entered. It was beautiful, to say the least.

"Nick? That you?" He sucked in a breath, as if preparing himself before answering with a quick 'yeah.' The woman who came around the corner gave me an odd feeling, and I could already tell that we weren't going to get along very well. "This must be her?"

"Hi." I said, offering her my hand and a smile. No need to screw things up just yet. "I'm Nix." That got me a weird look from both adults in the room. "Short for Phoenix." I answered, shifting uncomfortably as we settled into yet another awkward silence.

I surveyed my surroundings as I awaited a response from them. It was just then that I noticed how dark the home seemed. I mean, there was light, yes, but it just seemed heavy in aura. I really missed home now.

"Well Nix," Juliette smirked as she said my name, as if she found it amusing. And hey, who can blame her? "just grab your stuff, and follow me. I'll lead you to the room you'll be staying in." I followed her up the stairs, looking back at Nick one more time, his eyes fixated on a spot in the distance as he zoned out or began thinking.

"So," Juliette began, "how long will you be staying?" I shrugged in answer.

"D'know. I don't have much money to afford my own place, much less food, so I guess I'm kinda winging it from this point on." She nodded, opening a door across from a bathroom.

"Nick's and my room is just 2 down, if you need anything, you know where we'll be." She smiled, shutting the door behind her. I glanced over to the bed with forest green covers and sighed. It seemed safe enough, but I really didn't like the environment. It was just too different for me.

I sighed, picking up my bag and fishing out my toothbrush and face-wash before heading to the bathroom. The shower was actually well stocked, with some sweet smelling shampoo and a new pack of women's razors. Did she seriously buy this stuff before Nick and I got here? Maybe she wasn't so bad after all...

After taking a long hot shower, and I do mean long, I stepped out, towel drying my curly auburn hair and wrapping a big comfy towel around myself. I brushed my teeth, removed my makeup, and ran to my room. I put my pajamas on, determined to search about and find out more about Nick, but the time difference got the best of me and I found myself passed out in the big, cloud like mattress.
♠ ♠ ♠
Anyone notice that I changed Nix's hair to red? Wonder why? Remember what the color Red does to those Blutbads? Hmmmm..... ;)
if you haven't noticed it in the upgraded banner, go check out the summary. They're not the best edit, but you get the idea :)

and if you didn't catch it, I'll go ahead and say it; I can't stand Juliette. She pisses me off beyond belief. Seriously.

Thanks, Chaotic sunshine, for commenting! :D

Thanks to all ya'll reading and subscribing! :)

PLEASE KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING!!! :D

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
<3