Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

FOUR

Adara hastily jumped from her bed and went to answer her door. As she opened it, her eyes met the gaze of her cousin, Draco.

"May I come in?" Draco questioned with a smile.

Rachelle must have heard his voice because after Draco spoke she spoke from behind Adara, "Well, I had better get to bed."

As she strode by Adara and Draco, who were still standing in the doorway, she muttered, "Goodnight," and headed down the hall into her bedroom.

Adara rolled her eyes and chuckled under her breath.

"Yes, you can come in." Adara answered referring back to Draco's question.

"Unless," Adara spoke again, but she let the words come out slowly, watching her cousin's face for any change of emotion. "Your reason for coming has left."

Draco face failed to reveal any hidden feelings after hearing Adara's words and walked into her room, sitting in his usual spot on her window seat. It had the best view in the manor.

"I came to talk to you, we haven't spent much time together lately," Draco finally spoke, pretending to wipe a tear from his face. Adara grinned at Draco's comment and sprung on her bed, landing on her stomach to face in the direction where her cousin was sitting.

"Two weeks," Draco breathed.

"Do you not want to go back to Hogwarts?" Adara questioned.

"No, I do. Father has been," Draco stopped, breaking his gaze from Adara's and putting his head in his hands. Adara let Draco regain his composer before she spoke a word to him.

Draco let out a long sigh and pushed back his platinum hair from his face.

"Father has been confiding in me." Draco finally spoke.

Adara remained silent; she'd known something had been happening between Draco and his father.

"He wishes me to join," Draco stuttered, looking back over at Adara, frantically searching her eyes for an answer.

Adara's eyes widened, a feeling of anxiety spun inside her. She knew, along with Draco, that this time would come. Adara knew her cousin well. She knew of the walls Draco built to secure his reputation. How could he not? So much was expected of him.

"What did you tell Lucius?" Adara asked, hoping they were the right words to say.

Draco exhaled and said: "Yes; I had no choice."

Adara felt her stomach drop. Reality hit her.

"You know how father is, especially, over matters involving the Dark Lord." Draco groaned, leaning his head back against the wall.

"Draco, I--" Adara started to say before her cousin cut her off.

"No, Adara, I wasn't seeking your sympathy or advice." Draco got up and walked over to Adara. "I just needed to tell you, I could not keep it a secret." Draco admitted, revealing the dark mark branded upon his arm. Adara let out a sob and wrapped her arms around Draco's neck.

“I understand why you did it; I am just scared for you, cousin,” Adara whispered in his ear while letting warm tears glide down her cheeks.

“I am scared for myself as well,” Draco choked and hugged Adara back.

They broke apart from the hug and a boyish grin appeared on Draco’s face.

“What?” Adara asked, letting a smile break upon her face as well.

“I see you’ve received something,” Draco winked at his cousin.

Adara felt heat rush up into her face. The letter.

“You must meet him this year, I won’t have it any other way,” Draco insisted.

“You sound like Rachelle, she wishes the same too,” Adara giggled, removing a dark stand of hair from her face.

“You deserve to be happy,” Draco said sincerely before kissing the top of her head and bidding her goodnight.

Adara lie in her bed; the cool breeze from her open window caused her to bury herself deep in the soft blankets.“You deserve to be happy.” Draco’s words rung in her head.

He was referring to the loss of her parents. Adara had never been the same after their deaths. She was happy, she has learned to let go, but scars remained upon her heart where she had tried to mend it.

Image


The next two weeks seemed to fly by and before Adara knew it, she was standing in front of the cherry red Hogwarts Express.

“We meet again,” Adara muttered under her breath, staring at the steam that danced around the train.

She broke her gaze and turned around towards her aunt and uncle, who were hugging Draco goodbye. Narcissa wiped the tears from her eyes and Adara smiled. Slowly she strode over to say her goodbyes to Lucius and Narcissa.

"Goodbye, my dear, don't forget to write," Narcissa told Adara before kissing her on the cheek. Her uncle told her the same as Adara went to hug him goodbye.

Adara joined Rachelle and Draco's sides as they boarded the Hogwarts Express.

The trio made their way down train's corridor and into their usual compartment. They were greeted with the sight of their fellow Slytherin students. Draco took a seat next to Crabbe and Goyle. Rachelle and Adara sat next to Blaise Zabini and Deveny Silverburg who is Rachelle and Adara's Hogwarts room mate.

The group began fervently discussing what their next year of Hogwarts would be like. Quidditch, visits Hogsmeade, the ball, and teaching those blasted blood traitors a lesson, were a few of the topics mentioned. As time passed the Hogwarts Express drew closer to its destination, Adara thought it would be a good idea to put on her robes. As she slid the compartment door open, stepped out, and was about to walk to the changing rooms until she noticed someone blocking her path.

"Get up, your blocking the hallway," Adara scowled at the male sitting on the floor in from of her. "Red hair," she thought to herself. "Weasley."

George Weasley looked up at Adara from the piece of parchment he'd been staring at, his face dropped when he met Adara's piercing glare.

"Did you not hear me? Get up," Adara ordered.

"How do you tell a girl you're falling for her?" George asked himself out loud.

He was obviously caught up in the thoughts he had before Adara interrupted them and obviously did not care that he was being yelled at.

For a moment, Adara questioned to herself what he was writing, but brushed the thought aside.

"Oh, did I say that out loud?" George furrowed his eyebrows and looked up at Adara, who was still glaring at him.

"You Weasleys' are just a bunch of idiots," Adara scoffed, watching the twin rise to his feet, she waited to hear one of his annoying comebacks that everyone thought were so hilarious. However, George said nothing, he only glared back. Adara momentarily felt small compared to his 6'4 stature towering in front of her. She was 5'7. When his light brown eyes met her deep ocean blues, she couldn't help, but wonder why she felt butterflies in her stomach.

Mentally slapping herself, Adara pushed George out of the way and strutted to the changing rooms at the end of the hall.

"What is wrong with me?" Adara asked herself as she closed the door of the changing room. She stared at reflection in the mirror, admiring herself to keep her mind from wondering to what the Weasley twin had said, what he was writing, and what his eyes had done to her. "It was nothing," Adara comforted herself as she began slipping her Slytherin dress robes over her clothes.

Adara regained her composer and headed back into the compartment and took an open seat next to Deveny, who offered her a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. Adara accepted the offer and reached inside the box. She placed a few of the candies in her mouth and was greeted with the taste of coconut and vomit. Adara grimaced at the peculiar taste combination and swallowed.

Adara thought back on what had happened in the hallway. She let the candy be her excuse when her Slytherin friends asked what was wrong when they noticed her disturbed face. Everyone seemed to take the bait. Everyone, but Draco.

The train rolled to a stop and all the passengers scurried toward the exit. A light breezed danced through Adara's long ebony hair as she waited outside with her classmates to be escorted to the carriages that would take them back to Hogwarts.
♠ ♠ ♠
10 subscribers. No comments.

I see how it is, guys. ;) But thanks for subscribing! And if you haven't, please do!

COMMENT PLEASE. xoxo