Sequel: Anchor
Status: Complete! Check out, Anchor. It's the sequel to this story.

Love Gone Mad

FOURTY

To her fortune, the letter Adara received from her aunt, Narcissa, was an invitation for herself and George to join the Malfoy family for dinner. Narcissa scripted in the letter how she desired to spend some time with the couple and she prayed this event would mend the dispute between her husband, Lucius, and Adara.

The war was over. Voldemort had been defeated. Lucius himself swore that his family, along with himself, had changed their ways. Therefore, Lucius' reasoning for Adara's banishment from their home held no purpose any longer.

"I'm more nervous now then when I asked you to marry me," George vented. He turned his attention from lathering his toothbrush in spearmint paste to Adara, who was towel drying her hair beside him.

"I mean, I didn't even ask your uncle for his permission to acquire your hand in marriage," the truth he'd just spoken made George's eyes widen. He suddenly felt sick to his stomach.

"George," Adara chuckled, "Calm down, you're driving yourself mad."

"It's only necessary; this is a big deal, love." George expressed after he patted his mouth dry on a discarded towel that lie on the counter.

"Think of all we've been through," Adara implied while hanging her scarlet towel over the shower curtain. "I don't believe this dinner will be the end of us."

"You're mine, my dear," she continued as she patted her hand on George's cheek, "Nothing is going to change that. Not even the words of my uncle."

George smiled at Adara's words of comfort; he exhaled and ruffled his hair with his hand.

"You're absolutely right," George called out to Adara, who walked out of the bathroom and into George's bedroom.

"Of course I am," Adara asserted.

George laughed and strode to meet his fiancé, who was going through her trunk of clothes. Arthur and Molly Weasley had dropped off Adara's luggage, which she'd left at the Burrow, this morning. She and George informed his parents of their engagement and both couples celebrated in a chorus of laughs, tears, and tight embraces.

Additionally, Adara and George had come to the decision of Adara moving back into her aunt and uncle's home only until after the wedding. George needed to get his business up and running once more, to earn money to support a family, of course. Additionally, Adara desired to secure herself a career. She had a slight idea of where to begin and faith she'd acquire it. Furthermore, if the two continued to live with one another it would, in some cases, taint the excitement of living together after they were married. Adara and George did not want to practice and live the married life until after their vows were spoken. It would give the two something to look forward to. They'd seal the anticipation of their new adventure with distance until it pleased.

"You should wear the black dress," George recommended as he sat on the edge of his bed, watching Adara sort through her wardrobe.

"This one?" Adara questioned while holding up a slim black dress

George nodded fervently, "Yeah, the sexy one."

Adara giggled, "Well, then, I guess I have no choice but to wear it." She sent her attracted fiancé a wink and strode into the bathroom to change and style her hair.

When finishing, Adara strolled into the kitchen where George was sipping a cup of tea. His jaw slightly dropped when he gazed at Adara, who was slipping a pair of red heels onto her feet. Gawking at his soon-to-be bride, George felt his cheeks flush due to the realization of where his mind was lingering.

"Like what you see, my dear?" Adara teased as she approached George, who eagerly pulled her to him.

“Maybe a little too much,” George growled into his finace's ear as his hands slowly slid down her sides.

Adara giggled, “Well, it's such a pity we have to spend our night away.” Goosebumps appeared on her skin as George leaned in and slowly kissed down her jawline.

"Such a pity,"George whispered as he placed a final kiss upon Adara's lips.

The couple regrettably linked arms and apparated to Malfoy manor.

Image


“Adara,” Draco yelled as he collided into his cousin with a hug.

“Look who’s all grown up,” Adara expressed as she stepped back from Draco’s tight embrace.

Draco adjusted the red tie around his neck and sent Adara a smirk.

“It’s good to see you again too, George,” Draco spoke as he greeted him with a hand shake.

Adara watched the two most important men in her life converse and laugh together like they’d been friends for ages. She smiled. Then, Adara saw her cousin’s gaze fall onto her left hand, which was clenching George’s.

“And what is this?” Draco questioned as Adara held her hand up, showing off her engagement ring. “Congratulations!”

Draco glanced over at George, who was starting at his future bride.

Finally.

“We’re doing to tell Narcissa and Lucius before dinner,” Adara confided to her cousin, who was beaming from ear to ear.

"Is that Adara's voice I hear?" the smooth voice of Narcissa Malfoy questioned before she stepped into the grand foyer of her mansion.

"Narcissa," Adara breathed as she strode toward her second mother, "I've missed you so much." The two women embraced one another in a long-awaited hug.

"You've grown so beautifully, my dear," Narcissa complimented as she held her niece's hands admiring the women she'd become.

"And this handsome man must be, George."

"It's lovely to see you again, Mrs. Malfoy," George expressed with a grin as Narcissa pulled him into an embrace.

Adara's throat tightened as the figure of her uncle appeared at the top of the towering staircase before her.

George peered over at his fiancé then to Lucius. The nerves inside him began to swell as a silence encompassed the room.

"Oh my," Narcissa whispered as her eyes landed upon Adara's ring adorned hand. "Lucius come down here."

Adara felt George at her side; he slipped an arm around her waist and pulled her close.

As Lucius descended the staircase, his eyes never left Adara and George's frames.

He soon reached his wife's side and a smirk broke out upon his lips as he studied the woman in front of him, who had grown to greatly resemble his brother's wife, Blair.

Lucius spread his arms open wide. A half-grin tugged at Adara's lips and she ran into the embrace of her uncle.

George shared a glance with Draco Malfoy, both men grinned at the scene before them. Adara and Lucius soon parted, their gaze was fixed upon one another.

"Narcissa, Lucius," Adara spoke as she took a step back, meeting George's side. "There is something George and I would like to tell you."

"Wait, my dear," Narcissa interrupted, "This may be something that should be shared in a different setting. Let's sit down for dinner."

The group strode into the dining hall and George stared in amazement at the exquisite décor that lavished each room he'd been into in the Malfoy manor.

"Now, what is it you'd like to tell us, Adara?" Lucius asked. Adara noticed how he had yet to greet George.

Adara glanced over her fiancé, silently beckoning him to speak the news. She thought it would be better if he was the one to share it with her family.

"Adara and I," George spoke while meeting eye contact with Lucius, "Are to be married."

Narcissa shrieked with delight and loving congratulated the couple.

Lucius looked taken back, like he was slowly processing the information that was just laid out in front of him. His daughter. His brother's daughter was to be married. To a Weasley.

"Darling, isn't the marvelous? We are to be planning a wedding soon!" Narcissa beamed as she clenched the arm of her husband, who sat beside her.

George and Adara sat in silence, both waiting to hear Lucius speak.

"Lucius," Narcissa ground her teeth and eyed her husband.

At that moment, several house elves scurried into the room with dinner at hand. Each elf laid a silver platter before those sitting at the table and quickly dismissed themselves to the kitchen. Lucius clenched his fists together, trying to uncover the right words to speak. He was shocked.

“Congratulations,” he forced himself to express, “We will talk more on the subject after dinner.”

Image


"I'm ready to come home, Lucius," Adara spoke as she accompanied her family and George in the sitting room.

"You're not living with George?" Draco asked as he took a sip of his tea at hand.

"I was living with him and the rest of the Weasley family during my time away," Adara expressed as she looked over to her aunt and uncle. Narcissa looked down at her hands, hiding her saddened expression. "But now, George and I would like to wait until after we are married to share a home together."

"Plus, it would be better for Adara to get her career started," George added in while he put an arm around his future bride. The couple occupied a love-seat that was positioned in front of Lucius and Narcissa.

"Oh yes," Narcissa spoke, "That reminds me." She excused herself from the room and Adara heard her aunt's footsteps ascending the stairs in the adjacent room.

Adara sent Draco a questioning glance, he only replied with his signature smirk.

"You are more than welcome to come home, Adara," Lucius finally spoke.

George shifted in his seat beside Adara and his hand met hers.

Lucius causally glanced down at the couple's hands. A muscle in his jaw twitched.

"We have a gift for you, Adara," Narcissa announced as she entered the parlor once more.

Narcissa handed Adara a small stack of papers. George glanced down at what Adara held in her hands and he heard her gasp. His eyes widened as soon as he realized what Adara was holding.

A signed contract stating that Adara Malfoy was the owner of a property, 91 Diagon Alley.

"It's for the potion shop you've always dreamed of having," Narcissa spoke as she grasped her husband's hand.

George looked over and mouthed the words, "Thank you," to Narcissa; she nodded her head in response.

"And," Draco spoke up, "Mother says you can adjoin your shop to the one next door."
George clenched Adara’s hand tighter. This was too good to be true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my freaking gosh! I love all the comments you guys are leaving. They make me so happy! I love that you enjoy this story so much. Please don't hesitate to comment more! I truly appreciate your thoughts and reactions.

If you haven't already checked out my other work, I have a story titled, Contort. As of today, I will be co-writing the rest of the story with ThingsNeverChange. I am really excited to have her on board with me. Please check it out of you haven't already.