Status: Currently under revision.

Bruises On the Soul

Drunken confessions

Jon POV
Two Hours Later

I watched with wide eyes as Josie danced on top of the table, swinging her hair around. 

" Uh- Pat?" I asked the blonde next to me, turning my eyes away. 

He looked pissed. Just completely angry; Red face, flared nostrils, frown. 
" No. Let her make a fool of herself. It's what she wants. "he seethed, downing what was left of his beer. 

I rose an eyebrow, shaking my head. 

" Jonny!!!" Josie screamed, pointing at me. ," Come dance with me!!!" she asked, grinning drunkly. 

I shook my head, smirking,"Nope. Sorry Jo. I'm good. "

She pouted, making me smile. 
Clumsily, and with help from Sharpie, she climbed down off the table, stumbling towards me. 

I caught her before she tripped," Whoa, Josie, I think you've had enough, yeah? How about I take you home?"

She shook her head, looking to the bartender," TWO SHOTS!!" she ordered. 

He looked to me, nervous. 
I shook my head. 
The bartender shrugged, walking off. 

" Jonnie!!!" She groaned," That was mean!" she poked me in the chest, swaying. 

I just wrapped an arm around her, looking for Pat, who had disappeared.  

" C'mon Jo. Let's get some fresh air." I said, pulling her out the back exit of the bar, the cool air refreshing. 

We sat on a bench against the brick wall and Jo curled up into my side, cold. 

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, rubbing her arms. 

" Jon?" she whispered. 

" Hmm?" I asked, looking up at the sky. 

" Do you think Nick will find me here?" She asked. 

I snapped my eyes down to hers, frowning," No, Jo. Never.  We won't let him get close" I assured her. 

She nodded, drawing patterns with her finger on my knee. 

I shuddered. 

" He tried to kill me," She blurted out. I felt my jaw drop, brows furrowing. 

" Josie-"

" I was so scared. Every night I though maybe I should just do it myself so he couldn't get the satisfaction" 

I felt my heart stop for a moment. 
No. Never. 

" Josie" I said firmly, making her look up at me," Never, ever think like that again. I mean it. He's never gonna find you. I'll make sure of it. You're safe here. " I spoke, looking her dead in the eye. 

She nodded, hiding her face under my arm. 

I heard her mumble something but I couldn't make it out. 

I chuckled," What was that?"

She moved her face, mouth now uncovered," He killed the baby"

That right there did it. I froze, body motionless. Heart stopped. I took a shaky breath. 

" Baby?" I breathed out. 

She nodded, staring at the pavement, dead eyes. 
" He didn't believe it was his, so he took a tire iron-"

"Stop"

I couldn't hear anymore. 

I bit my lip to hold back the rage, body shaking. 

" Please, just stop. I can't hear anymore. Fuck, Josie!" I pulled myself away from her, getting up and pacing in front of her. 

" Look, I care about you. I really do. But I'm no Pat. You gotta talk to him, Jo. Tell him these things, because if I hear anymore I'm gonna get in my car and drive up to Buffalo and kill him myself. Pat loves you, I can tell, and it's hurting him to see you like this. It hurts me too. " I blurted out quickly, breathing heavily. 

She looked up at me with wide, watery blue eyes. 
" I never wanted to hurt him. I just wanted to try and forget. " she told me. 

I sighed, walking up to her and pulling her up in a hug. 

" I'm gonna take you home okay. You need to rest."

She pulled away, nodding as she ran a hand through her hair. " Aye Aye Captain" she joked. 

I smiled lightly, shaking my head. " How are you not sobbing? How are you this calm?"

Her expression darkened, and I knew I should have shut up. 

" I cried myself out a long time ago, Jonathan. I've got nothing left. " she turned to open the door back into the pub," I'm gonna grab my coat" she muttered. 

When the door shut I crouched to my knees, holding my head in my hands. 

That girl, no, this woman, she's so broken. So hurt. I can't believe someone could survive all of what she has. 

I'm gonna fix her. I'm gonna make her happy again. 

#Josie POV#

I tripped over myself getting in the back door, finding the warmth.

Cold air really sobers a person up.

I ran my fingers through my hair and found my way back to our table, grabbing my coat and pulling it on. 

Then I felt a hand grab my shoulder and spin my around. 

I was faced with an angry, stoic Patrick Timothy Kane.  

" What do you think you're doing. You think this is gonna help you? Huh?!" he demanded, crossing his arms. 

I bit my lip, shaking my head,"No. I don't. I'm sorry. I don't like being mad at you. I know you're just looking out for me." 

His eyes softened, and his body visibly relaxed. 

" God, Josie" he muttered, pulling me in for my second hug in two minutes. 

" I love you kid. It hurts me to see you like this. I hate that bastard for what he did to you. Shit I feel like going back to Buff and killing him."

I chuckled, biting my lip," You sound like Jon"

Pat frowned, taking a step back from me. 
" Yeah. What's up with you and Jon anyway?"

I paused, confused," We're just friends Pat, that's all. Don't worry. I'm not gonna be dying for a very long time. " I assured. 

He smiled, nodding," Alright. Good. I'm trusting you. And when the time comes to date again, just please, stay away from the team" he smirked,"These guys are pigs."

I rolled my eyes, pushing his shoulder. 

" You're one of them!" I exclaimed. 

He smiled wide," Exactly. I know what I'm talking about!"

I laughed, and then saw Jon walk up to us out of the corner of my eye. 

" Hey man" he greeted Pat. 

He nodded." You taking Josie home?" Pat asked, raising an eyebrow. 

Jon nodded, dangling his keys at me. 

I nodded. 

" Be careful" Pat said, eyeing Jon. 

He nodded and I followed him out the door. 

" So..you and Kaner getting along now?" he asked as we hopped in his car, starting the heat as soon as possible. 

I nodded," Yeah. Yeah. We're good. Thank you....for saying what you did. "

He shrugged, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel as he pulled out of the lot. 

" No prob" he grinned, looking over at me, beautiful dark eyes piercing mine. 

I looked away and blushed. 

Keeping that promise to Pat may be hard. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So..Jon is a man with a mission:)