Status: Currently under revision.

Bruises On the Soul

Reveal

When you miss someone, someone that you care for deeply, everything else in your life dulls.

Food doesn't taste as good.
Tv isn't as entertaining.
Music doesn't sound the same.

So I found myself sleeping.
A lot.
I must have stayed in bed for two whole days, just moping.

And texting Jon when I could.
I watched all the games from bed, cheering them on.

And then, before I knew it, the day had come.
They were coming home.

I woke up that morning, and shot out of bed, having a purpose for the first time in days.

I cleaned obsessively. I rearranged furniture.
I spent hours on my appearance, making sure I looked the best I could.

And then I heard it.

Three short knocks on my door.

My heart sped up and I took some deep breaths, smoothing out my hair.

Walking calmly to the door, I pulled it open.
Jon stood in his suit, duffle bag over one shoulder, leaning against the wall, looking completely exhausted.

He grinned, " Hey Josie, I'm-"

But I didn't let him finish.
I pushed myself at him, pulling his face down to me and kissing him fiercely.

He responded quickly, surprised, dropping his bag and wrapping his arms around me.

I moaned, pulling at his hair as our mouths battled, my back being pressed to the wall.

One of Jon's hands slid down my side and held onto the curve of my ass, pulling me closer to him.

And then I pulled away, panting.

Jon looked dazed, and I kissed his lips gently.

" Welcome back. I missed you" I whispered, looking up at him.

He looked down, smiling, " I could tell. I missed you too"

Picking up his bag, he followed me inside, and I shut the door behind us.

I walked to the kitchen," Are you hungry?" I looked over to where he stood by the couch, taking off his jacket and tie, tossing them over the back.

" No. I'm good"

" Thirsty?"

" No" he laughed, kicking off his shoes and socks.

Then he walked up beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his head on mine.

" Take a nap with me? "

I grinned, nodding, and pulled him toward my room.

I rolled the covers down on my bed, and stood back to pull off my jeans.

" Uhm, Jo? What are you doing?" Jon's voice hitched.

I looked over, confused, " I sleep in my underwear. I hope that's okay"

Jon nodded slowly, smiling to himself.
" Yeah. It's all good. Because I do too"

He started pulling at his belt and unbuttoning his pants, and I made myself look away, slipping out of my jeans and shirt.

Slipping under the covers, I watched him undress.

He was unbuttoning his shirt, currently standing in boxer briefs and Oxford.

Jon pulled it off and I bit my lip, eyeing his tan body.

Oh what a man.

He tossed the shirt to the floor, crawling in with me and wrapping me up in his arms.

I breathed in deeply, enjoying the smell of Old Spice and everything else that was uniquely Jon.

I threw one arm around his waist, using his chest as a pillow, rubbing small circles on his abs.

" Mmmm, night." He joked, dozing off to sleep.

I glanced to the clock, which said 3:44 pm and sighed, snuggling tighter into his arms.

And so we fell asleep, finally together again.

#################

I woke up to a soft kisses being placed on my neck.

I shifted, desperately clinging on to my sleep.

" Josie. Baby. Get up. "

I whimpered, turning and curling my head into Jon's chest, his skin warm.

I heard him chuckle, " Lets go out and get some dinner. I'm hungry. "

I lifted my head up, squinting,"What time is it?"

" 7:27" He answered. I scrunched up my nose.

" but I'm so comfy right here!" I whined, closing my eyes again.

I hate waking up, dammit!

I felt Jon's lips on my skin again, this time trailing south from my neck, nibbling on certain areas as he went. I felt his nose hit the valley between my breasts and he placed a kiss right above my bra.

I moaned. " Fine. Where do you want to go?"

" Girardi's" he mumbled into my breasts, making me giggle.

I nodded, moving to sit up.

" I need a shower. So do you. You wanna go first?" I asked him.

He rose an eyebrow," Sure. But why not together?"

I hesitated, " Jon? I don't think tha-"

" It's okay. Nevermind. " he smiled, kissing me quickly before hopping out of bed to run into the bathroom.

I watched his muscled back flex as he moved, and grinned to myself.

What a man.

Climbing out of bed, I slid on my blue silk robe from the end of my bed, and slid it on, walking into the kitchen to make some coffee.

As i sat at the counter, my cell phone rang from the kitchen and I reached over and grabbed it.

"Hello?"

" Jo!" It was Pat.

I took a sip. " Hey Patsy. Great last game, man. "

He laughed, " Thanks sweetheart. Hey, so, now tht I'm back in town, you wanna go grab something to eat? I missed my best friend. Pleaasseee" he whined.

My heart broke for our situation. For me having to lie to him like this, about everything.

I heard the shower shut off.

" Jo?"

I snapped back, " Oh! Pat, sorry! I got distracted. No, I'm sorry. I can't tonight. I made plans to go out with some friends I made. Ladies night. "

" What?!" He shouted, " Ladies night! I'm so in! I'll wear that new dress I bought gurl frann, and mah new shoes. Oh suga, it's gon' be so goood" he teased.

I laughed, shaking my head. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Jon walk into the bedroom wearing just a towel.

" No, I really am sorry, Pat. Maybe tomorrow? I made these plans a while back. I'd hate to back out now. " I said, watching Jon.

He sighed, " Yeah. No. It's fine. Yeah, tomorrow. Breakfast? Big Joe's? ten?"

" Sounds great Pat. I gotta go. See you then. "

I hung up, walking into my bedroom, where he was almost dressed.

Jon stood with his back to me, wearing just black slacks, digging through his bag to find a shirt.

" I'm going to tell Patrick tomorrow. I can't keep hiding this from him " I whispered into his back, wrapping my arms around him.

He stiffened, nodding.
He turned, eyes worried, " Do you want me to come with you?"

I shook my head, " No. This is something I need to do myself. "

Jon nodded.

" Let me get ready. I took a shower before you got here. I'm fine. "

I pulled away, walking to my closet and opening the doors. I pulled out some things, and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me.

##################

" Jon?" I called out, walking into the den, putting my my earrings as I walked, heels clicking on the hardwood.

His head poked up over the sofa, and he looked over to me.

" Wow" he spoke, getting up and walking around to me.

" You look amazing." He said softly.

I blushed.

I ended up wearing a 50s inspired red dress, similar to Marilyn Monroe's famous white one. I paired it with gold strapy heels and gold jewelry, and wore my hair in big, loose curls.

" Thanks. You look great too. "

He was wearing his black slacks from earlier, but also a purple button down and had even brushed his hair.

" Well, lets go, huh?"

I nodded, grabbing my long white peacoat out of the hall closet and my gloves.

I handed Jon his suit jacket, which was thrown over a chair, and we left the apartment.

" Tell me something about you, Jon. Something no one knows. " I asked, wrapping my arm around his waist in the elevator. His flung an arm around my shoulders.

" Well, Uhm, when we were little, my brother David and I would sneak out early in the morning to walk down to this big pond down the road. We would bring out fishing poles and try to fish, but we never caught anything there. And one time, we were sitting on the ground by the water, and a huge snake came an slithered right over my leg. " he shuddered.
" I've been scared of snakes ever since. " he added.

I laughed, " Snakes? Really? I used to have a pet corn snake. I like them."

" You're crazy" he said bluntly, leading me out of the elevator when the doors opened.

We walked out of the lobby and onto the cold Chicago streets.

Jon spun me around right there and kissed me, catching me off guard.

I laughed, kissing him back, an wrapping my arms behind his neck.

We pulled away, grinning.
" What was that for?" I asked.

He shrugged, " I don't know. I really like you, Josefine. "

My grin fell, and I nodded, " I really like you too. "

And so we hailed a cab, climbing in and heading off to the restaurant.

Unaware that anyone had been watching us.

****FFW 3 HOURS*****

Jon and i crashed into my apartment, attached at the mouth. I tossed my coat onto the floor.
Moaning loudly, i tugged on his tie and pulling it off.

He picked me up at my hips, wrapping my legs around him as he carried me down the hall to my bedroom, my heels slipping off my feet and landing on the rug.

Plopping me on the bed, he pulled off his jacket and kicked off his shoes, crawling over me.

I giggled, feeling all the champagne in my body make me light headed.
As our lips met roughly again, i tugged on Jon's belt, flinging it off the side - onto the floor.

" God you're beautiful" he muttered against my neck as he trailed his lips down, untying the top of my dress from around my neck, letting it fall down to my waist and expose my bare chest and torso.

I slid my arms between us, unbuttoning his dress shirt as his mouth tugged on my nipple, leaving warm wet trails on each breast.

I moaned, pushing the shirt over his shoulders, and he shrugged it off.
Pushing him and flipping us over, i pulled my dress over my head, leaving me in just my lace panties, straddling his hips.
Grinning, i leaned own and places kisses all the way down his pecs and abs, stopping to unbutton his pants, pulling the zipper down.

Tugging them off his hips, Jon then shimmied them down and kicked them onto the rug, hands gripping my waist.

I grind my lower body into his, feeling his hard bulging erection rubbing my thigh.
" Josie, God!" he yelled, flipping us again to lay on top me, using his body weight to hold me down.

I kissed him again, tasting the wine on his lips.Through my drunken, i remember reaching into the dresser drawer, pulling out a string of condoms, tossing them at Jon.

He laughed, and i knew there was no turning back.

**********

I woke up with a major headache, and groaned, curling into my warm, hard pillow.
My pillow moved.

My head shot up to see that i was laying on a naked, sleeping Jon, and my eyes widened.

" Fuck" i whispered, holding my head.

Leaning back down, i nuzzled my head into his neck, wrapping an arm around his waist.

' Jon" i whispered, rubbing a finger across his nose, tickling him. His nose twitched, and i giggled.
" Wake up, Jonathan." I said louder.

He whimpered amusingly, and opened his eyes slowly, " I feel like i was hit by a truck" he whispered hoarsely.

i nodded, tracing patterns on his bicep, which was flung over the pillows.
" We drank a lot last night. I wouldn't doubt it." i responded.

Jon slowly sat up, and i rested on his chest, leaning back on him.
He wrapped an arm around my waist, the sheet slipping.

" Fuck Josie, last night, we-"

" Yeah. I know. " I cut him off, looking up at his dark eyes.

" Do you regret it? I mean, we were drunk, i'd understand if you resented me for it." his face was pained, and he kissed my bare shoulder.

I took a deep breath, " The only thing i regret is that i dont remember it."

He smiled, chuckling.
" Well then, good morning."

my eyes widened, and i looking over at my alarm clock.

" SHIT!"

The clock said 9:42 am.
Im supposed to meet Pat for breakfast at 10.

i flew out of bed, running to the shower, Jon hot on my heels.
" Jo! Whats wrong?" He asked, stepping under the water with my as i turn the handles, soaking my hair.

"Im supposed to meet patrick for breakfast in fifteen minutes. Im gonna be late." i panicked.

He sighed," Calm down, you'll make it. Here, ill help"

and so Jon helped me wash my long hair, and my body ( the part which he enjoyed the most) and then i ran out the shower, leaving him there.

I quickly towel dried my hair, braiding it quickly and slipping on some yoga pants and a long sleeve Sabre's shirt.

Pulling on my Uggs and a hoodie, i saw Jon step out the bathroom, towel wrapped around his hips.

" I gotta go. Ill call you later!" i kissed him quickly and grabbed my phone and wallet, running out the door.

I hailed a cab quickly, giving him directions.

Thank god Big Joe's diner was only two minutes away.

Paying the cabbie and running into the diner i found Pat at a booth in the back.
Smiling, i sat down across from him, where he was staring out the window with a solemn face.

" Hey, sorry im late. I woke up like twenty minutes ago, it was a crazy night"

Pat turned to look at me, with hard eyes and a clenched jaw.

" Ill bet." he muttered.

i frowned, " Are you okay, Patsy?"

" I saw you." he blurted.

I rose an eyebrow,my heart beating faster. " What do you mean?"

" Did you have fun with Toews?"

i felt myself pale, and gulped, " Pat- Uhm, we-we were going to tell you, i swear-"

" Your word means nothing to me anymore. " he spat, getting up and walking away from the table.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?