Status: Currently under revision.

Bruises On the Soul

Same Old Pat

Pat lead me down a hallway and into a large bedroom which I assumed to be his.

It had a large bed with black sheets and pillows, light gray walls and heavy curtains.

Same old Pat.

" Here, sit down. You look tired" he said, setting my things at the edge of his bed, kneeling at the side as I sat.

" Josie who did this to you?" he asked forcefully.

I took a deep breath, looking down at my hands," Nick"

" How long has he been hitting you?"

I looked at him, nervously," A little over a year"

He stood up, shaking his head.

I watched Patrick pace up and down in front of me.
" I'm gonna kill him. I'm gonna KILL HIM!!" he yelled.

I heard the music shut off.

" Why would you stay with a guy like that?" he asked me.
" What happen to the strong, Independent woman I knew back in highschool?!"

I felt tears drip from my eyes.

" Pat. Stop. Don't yell. I can't take it. Not from you" I choked.

He stopped, eyes wide.
" Oh Josie, no, sweetie I'm sorry. Sweetie. " he wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

" I'll be right back, okay?" he said, muffled by my hair.

I nodded.

Pat got up and walked out of the room. I lay back down on the bed, staring at the ceiling with a soft smile.

I'm finally free.

PATRICK POV

I walked out my bedroom, shutting the door.

Going down the hall, I stopped in the kitchen and leaned on the counter, holding my head in my hands.

" Kaner? " Seabrook called, walking into the kitchen.

I looked up to see him, Sharpy, Hammer, and Abby Sharp staring at me with confused expressions.

" Who was that? What's going on?" Abby asked softly, rubbing my back.

I looked up at them, watery eyes and shaking my head.
" My best friend from back home, Josie. Her boyfriend was beating her and she ran here. He was hitting her!"

I punched the wall.

Sharp pulled me back.
" Look, we're gonna go. I think you need some time alone and with her to figure some things our. See you at practice tomorrow?"

I nodded, feeling him clap me in the back as he took Abby's hand and led her out of my apartment

Seabrook gave me a sad smile and did the same, following Hammer out the door.

And then I was alone.
And angry.
I wish I could fly to Buffalo right now just to beat the shit out of that guy.
You don't hit a woman

And you defiantly don't hit Josefine.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, so, im working on 3 other stories right now, so i won't be consistent with my updates, but i really hope you love it!