‹ Prequel: Ninja Mania

An Artist's Love

Poisoned

I woke up with a tremendous pain in my stomach. It felt horrible, like I was being ripped apart. I whimpered and this woke Deidara up.

He groaned and looked at me, “Are you still in pain?”

I nodded and felt tears threatening to fall. “Let me have a look at your wound honey,” he said.

He lifted up the covers and pulled up my shirt. His eye widened.

“Is something the matter?” I asked, afraid.

“Yeah, it actually looks worse than yesterday,” he said his voice panicked.

“W-what!” I cried out afraid.

“Take a look,” he replied.

I looked down and saw that it had indeed gotten worse. It had started to bleed again and it was black and blue. I shook and cried, “What are we going to do?”

Deidara looked truly scared, “I don’t know.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“I think Sakura can help you Eya,” Itachi said when he found out my stomach wound had gotten worse.

My eyes widened, “I never thought of that. Thanks Itachi.”

Itachi’s eyes softened, “You’re welcome.”

Deidara helped me get out of the bed and said, “I’ll take her to see Sakura. Tell Pein that I might be gone awhile.”

Itachi nodded, “See you.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Deidara picked me up and put me on his bird. I felt the pain getting worse. Pangs were getting increasingly worse and more frequently. My eyes began to water and Deidara looked petrified. He stroked my face, “I’ll get you there as fast as I can sweetie.” I nodded and Deidara’s bird took off at a quick speed.

By the time we got to the Hidden leaf village I was in severe pain. I could barely move and I felt crippled by the pain.

“Sakura!” Deidara cried, thrusting the door to her house open.

“Deidara, don’t you knock?” She asked a bit annoyed.

“I normally do, but Eya’s been hurting,” he said forlorn sounding.

Sakura took a good look at me and said, “What’s wrong?”

Deidara told everything that had happened to Sakura and she nodded. She lifted up my shirt and her eyes bulged. “This looks horrible…” She uttered.

Deidara nodded, “Please help her.”

She smiled sadly, “I’ll do the best I can. But not here, let’s take her to Lady Tsunade’s headquarters. She can help supply me with the right kind of medicine.”

“Lead the way,” he replied.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“It looks like poison got in her system,” Sakura said as she examined me.

Deidara looked angry, “Those damn imposters…”

Sakura gave him a blank look. He waved a hand her way and she dismissed it.

“I can fix her, but it might take a couple of hours,” she responded.

Deidara sighed, “Okay. Do what needs to be done.”

“I’ll be right here sweetie,” Deidara said to me.

Through my pain I saw him reach towards my hand and give it a squeeze. I nodded before another wave of pain caused me to black out.

“Is she going to be okay?” I heard Deidara ask.

“She’ll be fine but that was hard. There was a lot of poison and it wasn’t a normal kind. It was hard to extract because it was so different,” Sakura responded.

I opened my eyes and Deidara locked his gaze on mine. “Hey Eya, are you okay?”

I nodded, the pain was gone. I sat up and turned to look at Sakura. “Thanks Sakura, I was in a lot of pain,” I said to her.

She smiled, “It’s fine. I know you’d do the same for me.”

I grinned at her and Deidara said suddenly, “Let’s get you back home. You need to rest.”

“Okay,” I replied and Deidara helped me up.