‹ Prequel: Ninja Mania

An Artist's Love

Recovering

“I never asked you before because I was in so much pain, but why did those imposters want to sully my name?”

Deidara frowned but then replied, “Those imposters were once ninja from my village. They used to be my friends but when I betrayed my village I forgot about them. They ended up feeling betrayed and have wanted to seek revenge on me for some time now. I can’t believe they would want to hurt you though to get to me. I guess they somehow found out we were dating.”

I growled, “Those jerks.”

Deidara nodded, “I know. It’s over now though babe.”

“Thank god,” I replied.

Suddenly I heard a knocking on my door. Deidara looked over yelled, “It’s open.

A worried looking Sasori walked in then. “I heard Eya had been poisoned, are you okay?”

“I am now thanks to Deidara,” I said happily.

“Thank goodness,” Sasori said clutching at his heart.

I cocked my head, “You were that worried?”

Sasori frowned, “Of course! Everyone’s been worried about you. Konan wanted to know how you were doing as well but she’s been on a bunch of missions lately so she couldn’t come and see you like she wanted.”

Deidara smiled, “Looks like you’re loved around here Eya.”

“But, only I will love you forever,” he said gazing at me with an intense look.

I blushed a bright blood red.

Sasori smirked, “Well I’ll see you later Eya, I just wanted to check up on you.”

I nodded and he left.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Could we get the art supplies we need for our drawing?” I asked Deidara a little bit later.

“Are you sure you’re feeling alright? I mean it hasn’t even been a day since Sakura removed the poison from you,” he said seriously.

I frowned and put my hands on my hips, “Look I’m fine so don’t treat me like a child.”

Deidara gaped at me, “I-I’m sorry, I’m just worried about you.”

I smiled lovingly at him, “No it’s fine I know I scared you.”

“You did more than scare me, you petrified me,” he responded in a serious tone.

Wow. I had worried him that much? I thought with a shock. I hung my head and muttered, “I’m sorry…”

He sighed, “Please don’t be that way. You know I’m a worrywart when it comes to you.”

I picked up my head and smiled at him.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“Let’s go get those supplies,” he replied, standing up.

We went to the sand village to get the art supplies. While looking through the store I saw my good friend Temari walk in.

“Hey Temari,” I said waving. Temari looked up and smiled.

“Hi Eya, Deidara,” she said nodding to each of us.

“So what are you doing here?” I asked, twirling a paint brush in my hand.

“I’m glad you asked Eya. I actually want to try drawing something,” she said ecstatically.

“Oh? What are you trying to draw?” I questioned.

“I want to draw a sunset, they’re so beautiful,” she said.

Deidara smiled, “Good luck. I’m sure you’ll find art to be a lot of fun when you start doing it a lot.”

Temari beamed at him, “Thanks.” She cocked her head then, “What are you two doing here?”

“We’re buying art supplies for a project we plan to do together,” Deidara replied.

“Ooh cool, you’ll have to show it to me later then,” she said. She walked off then to look at the sketch journals.

“What media would you like to use?” I asked.

“How about water color?” Deidara suggested.

My eyes widened.

“What? Are acrylics more your specialty?”

Shaking my head, I laughed. “No, water color is actually my specialty. That’s why I was surprised. Everyone thinks water colors are harder to use but I’ve always loved them.”

Deidara laughed then, his chest rising and falling. “That’s funny, we’re more alike than I thought,” he responded.

We went over the water color section and picked out the colors that we didn’t have at the hideout. Then we went over to the water color paper section and took several pieces of it. In the end we spent quite a bit of money but we didn’t care.

“What theme should our water color painting have?” I asked Deidara.

“Uh, we could have surrealism in it,” he said.

My eyes shone and I smiled, “I adore surrealism!”

“Really now?” He said amusement tickling his voice.

I nodded enthusiastically.

“Surrealism it is then,” Deidara said laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter. This story's about to end. :)