Sequel: Who Could Have Known
Status: Complete!

If You Only Knew

The Boy Is Mine

Kaley's POV

"V-Vanessa?" I sputtered, silently cursing myself after for sounding like an idiot.

"Oh good, you do know who I am," she sneered with a light laugh. "So then maybe you might know why I'm here."

"If this is about Darren, I didn't-" I started to say.

"Didn't what? Sleep with him?" she laughed, cutting me off. "Oh, no, I would never think that Darren would ever stoop that low. But I bet you wanted to, didn't you? You wanted to get your grubby little hands all over my boyfriend."

"N-No, I d-didn't," I stuttered. Vanessa was freaking intimidating. "A-And he's n-not your b-bo-"

"He's not my w-what?" she asked, mocking me. I felt heat flush my cheeks and wanted nothing more than to run away and hide from this woman.

I could imagine Leah saying something snappy back to Vanessa right now, defending me, but alas, I was alone and too scared to stand up for myself.

"You know, I really don't understand how Darren could leave someone like me to be with someone like you," she continued. "I was so confused when he didn't come crawling back to me like he usually does... but then I saw the pictures and put two and two together..." She slowly pulled down her sunglasses and looked me up and down, sizing me up. Her eyes were a sharp dark brown, so dark that they almost looked black.

How fitting, I thought. Her eyes match her heart. Both are cold and black. Though I thought these things, I didn't dare say them out loud. I was too afraid of what Vanessa might do.

"Really, I can't even imagine why Darren chose you," she scoffed, setting her sunglasses on top of her head. "You're so plain and boring. There's nothing special or exciting about you. You're not even pretty." A smirk crossed her lips. "I didn't realize that Darren had such poor taste."

I don't know how it happened, but something suddenly snapped in me and I suddenly stood up taller and looked her dead in the eye.

"I would think that his taste has improved, considering the fact that he's finally moved on from you," I remarked with a little bit of attitude in my voice. "Heck, I think that being with anyone is an improvement from being with you!" The smirk faded from her lips and was replaced by a scowl.

"You think that you're better than me?" she growled, a bitter laugh slipping from her throat. "Please. Darren and I may not be together right now, but he will come back to me. He always does. So whatever you think is going to happen between you and Darren, well, it's not going to last. You don't deserve him. I do."

"You don't get to decide what Darren will or will not do," I snapped. "He broke up with you. Because you cheated on him. He's not getting back together with you. Get over it."

"We'll see about that," she smirked, looking at something over my shoulder. "Oh good. There they are. Just in time."

I furrowed my brows questioningly as I started to turn around to see what she was looking at, but I was suddenly stopped as she roughly grabbed my shoulder and spun me back towards her.

"Hey! What-" I was cut off suddenly as something hard hit my cheek, knocking my head to the side slightly. Pain suddenly flared through my cheek and I winced, wanting to cup my hand protectively over the stinging cheek, but I couldn't as I was still holding the two Starbucks cups in my hands. I felt a couple of tears slip from my eyes as I turned back to look at Vanessa, venomous words ready to spit from my mouth.

"What the he-" I started to say, but was cut off again as Vanessa started screaming at me.

"You little slut!" she screamed, pointing at me. "Didn't I tell you to stay away from my boyfriend! We finally got back together again and then you just had to worm your way back in and seduce him away again!"

They were all lies, which we both knew, so why was she acting like they were true?

Then I noticed the ominous clicks and the subtle flashes. Paparazzi.

It's just a show, I realized, looking back at her with horror. It's all just an act, an act for the media.

I wanted to defend myself, say that she was lying, but I couldn't. I think that I was in too much shock to even speak.

"Just stay away from him!" Vanessa continued to yell at me. "Stay away from him and stay away from me!"

Somehow I managed to find my voice again and I suddenly blurted, "She's lying! Darren left her because she cheated on him and he is never going to get back together with her!" The words were directed more so at the people watching us, but my eyes never left hers, which were now filling with rage. "She's not his girlfriend... But neither am I! Darren is not dating anyone right now!"

I didn't really want to be screamed at again, so I turned to leave, but I was stopped again mid-turn, and this time her grip was on my arm and it was much tighter.

"I'm not done with you!" she started to say, yanking roughly on my arm to turn me back towards her.

The next couple of seconds seemed to move in slow motion. As she pulled on my arm, I felt the cup in my hand start to slip, making me instinctively lock my grip tighter around it. This caused the lid to pop off, and as my body was swung around towards Vanessa, the brown liquid in the cup suddenly went flying out of the cup... and landed all over Vanessa!

An ear-piercing scream filled the air as the scalding hot liquid hit her skin. I stood frozen in shock, my mouth hanging open and my eyes bulging as I watched her frantically try to wipe the coffee off of her face.

"You!" she screamed suddenly, pointing at me. "You did that on purpose!"

"N-No, I didn't!" I panicked, suddenly dropping the now empty coffee cup... and my still full green tea cup. The pale green liquid splashed out on the ground, hitting both of our legs.

"Bugger!" I cursed, wincing as the hot liquid soaked through my pant legs. I looked back up at Vanessa, who was still fretting over the wet spots on the bottom of her dress, her attention temporarily diverted from me, and made a sudden, rash decision. I turned and ran.

I ran away from that scene as fast as I could, but I wasn't fast enough to make it away before hearing, "You will pay for this, Kaley Grant! You will pay for this!"

I didn't stop running. I ran and ran, not sure where I was really going. It wasn't until I turned down onto my own street that I realized that I was running home.

Home. The one place you can go to feel safe. I quickly bolted inside and up the stairs to my apartment. Once inside, I locked the door behind me, just in case anyone had followed me, before collapsing into a heap on the floor, tears streaming down my cheeks. I was mortified. I don't think that I had ever done something so humiliating in all of my life.

My life is now officially over, I realized, a heavy sob escaping from my throat. Everyone is going to think that I did that on purpose, even though I didn't. And then they're going to think that I really did sleep with Darren and made him cheat on Vanessa... A couple more sobs slipped from my throat as I curled myself up into a little ball on the floor.

My life is over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darren's POV

"There! I think you've got it now!" I smiled, watching Julie go through the routine for what seemed like the millionth time. I clapped my hands as she struck the final pose.

"Awesome!" I applauded. "Looks like you're all ready for the show! Now if you'll excuse me, I do believe that I've kept someone very special waiting long enough."

I could tell that she was reluctant to let me leave, which was probably why it had taken her almost two and a half hours to learn the choreography for this number though it had only taken her twenty minutes to learn the other one this morning, but I quickly slipped away before she could ask me to show her how to do any of the moves over again, quickly pulling out my phone to text Kaley.

Me: Hey Kaley, I'm ready for that coffee now if you are :D

I waited for a couple of minutes, but didn't get a response, so I tried calling her.

Ring ring. Ring ring. Ring ring.

Still no response. Her answering machine suddenly kicked in, but I hung up instead of leaving a message.

Maybe her phone's on silent or something, I shrugged, quickly making my way to the laundry room.

"Hello!" I called out, poking my head into the room.

"Hey, Darren!" Chris smiled, looking up at me.

"How was your coffee date?" Leah asked, coming out from behind a row of clothing racks.

"What do you mean?" I asked, giving her a weird look. "We didn't get to go for coffee. I was stuck teaching the new girl how to dance to my song."

"But didn't Kaley bring you a coffee?" she asked, looking surprised. "She left over an hour ago to go get drinks for you guys. We just figured that she was with you when she didn't come back."

"No, she wasn't with me," I shook my head. "That's why I'm here. I was looking for her."

"That's odd..." Leah said, furrowing her brows in confusion. "Did you try texting her?"

"Yes," I nodded. "And I tried calling her too, but it went to voicemail."

"That's not like her..." Leah said quietly. "Maybe I'll try giving her a call..." She quickly pulled out her phone and punched in Kaley's number.

"Kaley?" She said into the phone after a minute, her voice a mixture of relief and anger. "Where are you? You never came back and Darren's here looking for you... Oh. Okay. What are you doing there? ...Oh, that sucks! Are you okay? ...Well, that's good. Are you coming back? Like I said, Darren's here looking for you-" She paused for a moment, listening. "... Is everything okay? You sound a bit off... You're sure? ...Okay, well you should really come. We're all here waiting for you... Okay? ...Alright, we'll see you soon then. Bye!" She quickly ended the call and slid her phone back into her pocket.

"So?" Chris asked, looking at her.

"She tripped and spilled the drinks all over herself," Leah laughed. "So she had to go home to change. And then I guess she ended up dozing off on the couch. She said that she'll be on her way back soon."

"That's good," I smiled. "I can't wait to talk to her."

"So you really are going to tell her then?" Chris smiled.

"Tell Kaley what?" Leah asked suspiciously, tilting her head to the side slightly.

"I think that we should just wait and let Kaley tell you," Chris replied, winking at her teasingly.

"Not fair!" she pouted, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Patience, honey," he laughed, taking her hand. "Come on, let's make ourselves scarce for when Kaley gets here. I think that Darren would like to talk to her privately." He gave me a wink as he pulled Leah unwillingly out of the room. I smile as I sat down in a nearby chair to wait. I could feel butterflies in my stomach. This was it. I was finally going to tell Kaley exactly how I felt.

And I only hope that she feels the same way too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaley's POV

There was an irritating buzzing sound near my head. I tried to swat at the noise and I felt my hand connect with something hard. I could hear something skitter across the floor and hit the wall. I slowly opened my eyes and blearily looked in the direction I heard it go. There against the wall was a small, black object.

My phone, I realized, rubbing my eyes as I slowly sat up. It must have fallen out of my pocket when I...

I closed my eyes again, trying to block out the memory. I rubbed my eyes again before glancing down at my watch. It read 5:47. I'd been asleep for almost two hours!

My phone sudden started to buzz again, so I quickly dove for it and brought it up to my ear.

"Hello?" my voice cracked into the phone.

"Kaley?" I heard Leah's voice answer. She sounded half relieved and half angry. "Where are you? You never came back and Darren's here looking for you."

"Oh, sorry," I replied, trying to let a light chuckle slip out. "I kinda... fell asleep on the couch. I'm at home right now."

"Oh. Okay." she said, sounding a little confused. "What are you doing there?"

"Oh, well I, uh, tripped and spilt the drinks all over me on my way back," I lied. "So I had to come home to change and I guess that I must have just passed out on the couch for a little while."

"Oh, that sucks!" she exclaimed, referring to my drink spillage. "Are you okay?"

"Ya, I'm fine," I laughed, the sound seeming fake to my ears. "Just a little damp, that's all."

"Well, that's good," I could hear the smile in her voice. "Are you coming back? Like I said, Darren's here looking for you-"

"I don't know," I cut her off. "I'm might just stay here and do some cleaning up..." I didn't really feel like going back out. I just wanted to stay hidden away from the world.

"... Is everything okay?" she asked softly. "You sound a bit off..."

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine," I lied again. I was not fine. "Nothing's wrong."

"You're sure?" she didn't sound convinced.

"Yeah, totally fine," I replied. "Everything's good."

"Okay, well then you should really come back," she persisted. "We're all here waiting for you."

I sighed. I really didn't feel like going back, but I also didn't want to worry Leah or make her think that anything was wrong.

"Okay," I finally said.

"Okay?" she sounded happy, which did lift my spirits a bit.

"Yeah," I nodded, temporarily forgetting that she couldn't see me. "I'll be there soon, okay?"

"Alright," she agreed. "We'll see you soon then. Bye!"

The line went dead, so I slowly closed my phone. I was about to slip it back into my pocket when it suddenly buzzed again. I flipped the phone back open and saw that it was from a Twitter alert. I clicked on the app, and the site opened on the screen. And what I saw horrified me. In my mentions section, there was a tweet from Vanessa. It read:

This is the slut Darren cheated on me with & who dumped coffee all over me today - @KalesOfFun Let's show this freak who she's messing with! - @TheVanessaPeterson

Within seconds of reading the tweet, I received twenty more, all from different people.

@KalesOfFun YOU DUMPED COFFEE ON VANESSA? I'm going to hunt you down and kill you! How could you do that to her? Hasn't she suffered enough? - @VPsNumberOneFan

@KalesOfFun I can't believe that you did that to her! What is wrong with you? Were you dropped on your head as a child? Repeatedly? - @Ali5onLynn

Wow, I didn't realize that Darren decided to cheat on a goddess with a psychopath! (aka @KalesOfFun ) Poor V </3 - @VanessaIsAGoddess

@KalesOfFun Why would Darren date a piece of filth like you? You're a pathetic loser. - @KelseyJacklynSmith

"Here we are, Miss," a voice suddenly said. I looked up from my phone and suddenly realized that I was at the theatre. Somehow, I had managed to get downstairs, hail a taxi, and direct the driver to take me to the RCMH, all while I was reading over the hateful tweets. I hurriedly wiped the tears from my eyes as I handed him some money and got out. I glanced down at my phone one last time before sliding it into my pocket, trying hard to push away thoughts of their cruel words. I wiped my eyes one last time before slipping into the building.

"Kaley! There you are!" Chris' voice immediately hit me as I walked into the building. "Darren's waiting for you in the laundry room."

"Um, thanks," I smiled, or tried to at least.

"Kaley, are you okay?" Leah asked, giving me a hard look. "Your eyes are all red..."

"Oh, it's just my contacts," I lied, rubbing my eyes again. "They're acting up again."

"Okay..." she didn't seem convinced, but I shrugged away her concern as I turned and headed down the hallway to the laundry room.

I suddenly felt nervous as I stopped in front of the door. Should I just walk in? Should I knock?

No, I shook my head. Just play it cool, act natural. Taking a deep breath, I slowly pushed open the door and stepped into the room.

Darren was sitting in a chair, staring at his phone, but he immediately looked up when I walked in, a smile quickly growing across his face.

"Hey," he said, standing up and walking over to me. For a second it almost seemed like he was going to hug me, but then he stopped suddenly and scratched his head.

"I, umm... how are you?" he asked, fidgeting almost nervously. Why was he nervous?

"I'm alright," I tried a smile, which I seemed to pull off.

"So, I, umm, wanted to talk to you about something," he lowered his head slightly, avoiding my eyes.

"O-Okay," I replied, feeling more nervous. Why wouldn't he meet my eyes? Did I do something wrong? Did he hear about what had happened with Vanessa? Did he hate me for it? It was only an accident...

Instead of saying any of those questions, all I said was, "About what?"

"Well, I-" he started to say.

"All cast and crew members to the green room now, please," a voice through the speaker system suddenly interrupted. Darren let out what sounded like a deep, frustrated sigh.

"I guess it'll have to wait," he shrugged, giving me an apologetic look. "Can we talk after the show?"

"Umm, yeah, sure," I nodded.

"Alright, I'll see you after then, okay?" he said, starting to head towards the door.

"Okay," I nodded again, and then he was gone.

What could he want to talk about? I wondered, the knot in my stomach tightening a little. My thoughts were interrupted by the sudden buzzing from my pocket. I closed my eyes, willing the vibrations to stop, knowing that they were just more alerts for more tweets. And more hateful words.

"Kaley?" Leah's voice made me open my eyes and look up. She was standing in the doorway, looking at me. "You okay?"

"Yeah," I lied, putting on a smile. "I think I might be getting a headache or something. But I'm fine. No worries."

My phone buzzed again, but I ignored it.

"Are you going to check that?" Leah asked, pointing to the bulge in my pocket.

"Nah, it's probably just my dad wanting to know when I'm coming home for a visit," I shrugged. I felt horrible for telling so many lies, but I didn't want to drag anyone else into my problems, not Darren, not Chris, and especially not Leah. Living in New York had always been her dream and I didn't want that to be ruined because of me and my problems.

Maybe I should just move back home, I thought. Get out of the spotlight and away from all of the prying eyes. And away from Vanessa.

"Well, we don't have time for visits right now!" Leah exclaimed with a light laugh. "We've got a show to get ready for!"

"You're right," I smiled.

"Aren't I always?" she laughed.

"Yes, I guess you are," I laughed as well. And this time, it didn't feel as forced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darren's POV

"So, did you tell her yet?" Chris asked, coming up beside me as we walked out of the green room.

"No," I sighed, shaking my head. "I got called away before I could. But after the show, I'm going to. I swear I'm going to."

"Good for you," Chris smiled, throwing his arm around my shoulder and giving me a tight side hug. "I'm so proud of you! My little Darren is growing up!"

"Hey!" I exclaimed, pushing his arm away. "Who are you calling little? I'm older than you are!"

"But not taller," he smirked. "Face it, Darren. You're always going to be the little hobbit of our family." I shot him a quick glare, pouting my lip slightly, but I couldn't stop the smile from slipping onto my lips. My height was something that Chris constantly teased me about, and I had gotten quite used to him, as well as the majority of the cast, calling me a hobbit.

"Hey, at least you're nickname isn't Frankenteen," Chris commented with a light chuckle.

"And what's wrong with Frankenteen?" a familiar voice demanded from behind us. We both turned around and smiled at Cory.

"Nothing at all," I laughed, patting him on the back. "I just don't think that it would suit me very well." This made him laugh as well.

"Hey, Cory!" Lea's voice suddenly called out to him. "Could you come help me with this?" She held up her mic pack for him to see.

"O-Oh, yeah, sure," he smiled, quickly hurrying over to help her.

"What do you think?" Chris asked, staring at our two cast mates. "Don't you think that they'd make a cute couple?"

"Lea and Cory?" I said, slightly surprised. "Just because they play a couple on screen doesn't mean that they have to be a couple off screen."

"I know," he sighed. "But just look at them! I could totally see them together! And I'd be nice to see her happy with someone again..."

I took another look over at my two friends and noticed how gentle he was with her, and how her face just lit up when he talked to her.

"You know, I think that you may be on to something," I admitted. "They would make a cute couple. They would be what? Leary? Monchele?"

"Monchele," Chris repeated, tasting the word on his tongue. "I like it. Monchele. It sounds kind of french, doesn't it?"

"Ha, it does!" I laughed.

"Ten minutes to curtain!" someone suddenly called out.

"Opps, looks like we'd better go get into costume!" Chris said, starting to turn to head towards the dressing rooms. "Just think! Once this show is over, you're going to tell Kaley how you feel... and then you'll get married and have hundreds of cute little babies that can run around and call me Uncle Chris and then-"

"Chris!" I laughed, cutting him off. "I think that you might be getting a little bit ahead of yourself there! Besides, I don't even know if she shares the same feelings as me."

"Oh, she does," he just smiled. "Trust me, she does. I betcha wish that the show was already over, huh?"

I just rolled my eyes and laughed at him as I shoved him towards the dressing rooms. Though I wouldn't admit it, he was right. I couldn't wait for the show to be over so that I could see Kaley again and finally tell her how I felt.

Unfortunately, it's not over yet, I sighed. And now this is probably going to feel like the longest show ever!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaley's POV

This felt like the longest show ever. I just wished that it would hurry up and end so that Darren could tell me whatever it was that he wanted to tell me, so that then I could go home and curl up in my bed and cry. My phone would not stop buzzing and I couldn't figure out how to turn the alert off. And I couldn't ask Leah for help, because then she would ask why and then she would see the messages, and I couldn't let that happen.

"Seriously, are you going to check that?" Leah asked as my phone buzzed again.

"Yeah, later," I replied, avoiding her eye contact as I watched the TV screen. They had set up a small TV for us backstage so that we could watch the show and know what song they were on. Right now, they were just finishing off True Colours. Only two more songs till they were done.

"Okay, seriously, Kaley!" Leah exclaimed as my phone buzzed yet again. "I think that someone is seriously trying to get ahold of you!"

"Fine!" I huffed, standing up and heading for the door, pulling my phone out as I walked.

"Where are you going?" Leah called out after me.

"To check my messages!" I snapped. "Since it's apparently such a big concern to you!"

I felt horrible for saying that the moment it slipped from my lips. What was happening to me? Why was I acting like this? But instead of going back and apologizing, I just continued walking, leaving Leah behind feeling shocked and confused.

I walked until I found a quiet, secluded corner to sit down in where I could look at my phone, which quickly lit up to my touch to reveal over a hundred new alerts.

I know that I shouldn't have clicked on them, but I couldn't help it. Once again, Twitter filled the small screen, and the hateful tweets with it.

@KalesOfFun Why can't you just leave Vanessa and Darren alone? They are meant to be together! Stop interfering! You don't deserve him! - @DarrenAndVanessaForever

@KalesOfFun is a whore! - @LizzMcKay

@KalesOfFun Back off! Leave Danessa alone! #backoffyouslut - @DanessaIsForever

What's fat and ugly and nobody likes? @KalesOfFun - @AllThatMattersIsMe

@KalesOfFun Hey freakshow! Better watch your back cause I'm coming for you! - @DplusV4ever

Who does @KalesOfFun think she is? Stealing Darren away like that! That's just horrible! - @GleeFanatic03

#personyouhatethemost @KalesOfFun - @ThisIsDebbiesWay

#IHateKaleyGrant @KalesOfFun] - @JulieMarcello

@KalesOfFun Why don't you do the world a favour and just go jump off a bridge? - @VeronicaPeterson

A sob escaped from my lips as the tears flowed down my cheeks. They all hated me. They all hated me because of lies and rumours. Some people wanted me dead!

I kind of wish I were right now, I thought bitterly.

"Kaley?" his voice was tentative, but it still surprised me. I quickly looked up at him, forgetting about the tears still rolling down my cheeks.

"D-Darren, w-what are you doing here?" I asked, stumbling over my words.

"The show ended," he replied, crouching down beside me. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?"

"I'm not crying!" I snapped suddenly, quickly standing. "Just leave me alone!" I started to move past him, but he wouldn't let me.

"Kaley, what's wrong?" he asked, grabbing my arm, trying to stop me. "What happened?"

"Nothing!" I snapped, trying to pull my arm out of his grasp, but to no avail. "Let me go!"

"No, not until you tell me what's bothering you," he persisted.

"It's nothing!" I growled. "Leave me alone!"

"Kaley, what's gotten into you?" he asked softly, letting go of my arm. "Is this about that article on the internet? Because I took care of that, remember?" He paused for a moment. "Are you really that upset about it?"

"No... yes... no..." I sighed. "It's not because of that."

"Then what is it?" He gently took my hand in his and gave it a light squeeze. "You can tell me, Kaley."

"Vanessa." Her name quietly slipped out, making him stiffen suddenly.

"What did she do?" he asked, trying to control the anger in his voice.

"Nothing!" I said, pulling my hand out of his and turning away. "It was nothing."

"Kaley," he grabbed my shoulders and forced me to look at him. "What did she do?"

"What didn't she do," I mumbled, trying to stop the tears that were pricking at my eyes again. "But I'm sure that you'll read all about it tomorrow."

"What do you mean?" he asked, staring at me intensely. I couldn't stand to look at him, so my eyes ended up trickling down to the phone in my hands. The screen was still filled with all of the Twitter hate mail that I had gotten. Tears started to slip from my eyes as I thought about all of their hateful words.

Within the blink of an eye, my phone was gone from my hands, having been snatched away by Darren.

"Give it back!" I begged, my voice cracking slightly, as I tried to reach for the phone. Darren put his hand out, holding me back, as he stared at the screen and scrolled through the tweets.

"Vanessa started this?" he asked, his voice quiet and cold, as he looked back up at me.

"They're right, you know," I replied softly, not answering his question. "I'm not good enough for you."

"What are you talking about?!" he exclaimed, slightly outraged. "How can you even say that!"

"I'm not pretty," I stated, starting to list the things that everyone was saying about me. "I'm no supermodel, that's for sure. Why would someone like you ever be interested in someone like me?"

"Do you really think that I care whether or not you're a supermodel?" he demanded. "Why would you think that you'd have to be a supermodel for me to be interested in you?"

"Well you did date one for two years..." I pointed out.

"And those are two years that I regret!" he exclaimed.

"It doesn't matter anyways," I sighed, ignoring his comment. "I'm a nobody. You're a somebody. You're Darren Criss. This-" I gestured back and forth between us. "could never happen. I'm not your type."

"And who are you to tell me who my type is?" he snapped.

"Exactly!" I exclaimed. "Who am I? I'm nobody! You're somebody! You should be with another somebody, a person that the public will love, someone that will make you America's Sweethearts."

"I don't care about being America's Sweethearts!" he exclaimed. "It's just a label, something of which I've never given a crap about! Those were things that Vanessa cared about, not me!"

"Darren, you still deserve to be with someone better than me," I argued. "You have no reason to like me. I'm not pretty, I'm not famous, heck I'm not even likeable! It seems like half of the people on Twitter hate me right now. Seriously, Darren, I'm not the kind of girl you should be with."

He started to say something, but I cut him off.

"Stop. Just don't," I sighed. "I'm nothing. I'm worthless. I'm not worthy enough to be with you. I'm not the kind of girl you would want to be with. I'm not-"

I was suddenly cut off, my words literally stolen from me, as he suddenly cupped my face and pressed his lips against mine. It shocked me at first and I tried to pull away, but he just pulled me back closer and pressed his lips harder against mine, but not too hard. I finally gave in, melting into him as he kissed me. His lips were so soft and sweet, and I soon found myself unable to break away from him. There was so much passion in his kiss that I didn't want it to ever end. I felt like I was floating on cloud nine.

When Darren finally did pull away, I found myself struggling to breathe. He literally took my breath away.

"Kaley," he whispered softly, touching his forehead to mine. "You are not nothing. You are everything. You are not worthless. You are perfect. And you are more than worthy." He paused for a second as he looked me straight in the eye. "Kaley, you are the only one I want to be with. You and you alone."

I didn't know what to say. I was at a loss for words. So I did the only thing that I could do to show him how I felt.

I kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
The kiss! The kiss! How many of you are freaking out right now? Was it how you pictured it? Did you like it? Was it worth the wait?

I think that it's about time that we start A CONTEST!!! Want to be featured in an upcoming chapter? Here's what you have to do. Create a tweet that you would send to Kaley in support of her and Darren's relationship. How would you cheer her up? How would you make her feel loved and supported? You can either post your tweet on here, OR you can actually send the tweet to Kaley herself! @KalesOfFun You can also always send it to my Twitter account as well (which is now back up and running again) @11Cassaroo11 Whichever tweets I like the most will be included in an upcoming chapter! Don't have a Twitter account? Just make up a Twitter name (but check to make sure that it's not already in use) and I will use that. Can't wait to see what you guys have to say! :)

Thank you to the amazing people who recommended this story:

folleragaza
rachelgrace31
CourtneyFaithG
joeyschick367

And thank you as always to all of my amazing commenters:

airplanes__
rachelgrace31
Loor
HopeIsAGift
nikki299
zyn
a walking travesty;
The Hum

You guys as seriously such amazing supporters. Your love and appreciation for my story seriously means so much to me. <3

So, favourite parts? Favourite lines? I love hearing your feedback! :)