Sequel: Tears on the Runway
Status: Active. Comment for quicker updates!!

Messy Ending

"Ali!" - Ben

Morning sunlight shining directly in my eyes is what I woke up to early the next morning. Ben’s arms still circled around my waist. For a while I allowed myself to sink into his touch, until I realized that I still had to be at work today.

Ben looked so peaceful asleep that I didn’t want to wake him. I slipped out of his arms, slowly and carefully. I made sure to be as quiet as possible when I dressed in my uniform. When I was about to leave I heard my name. “Dai?” a groggy voice asked behind me. And I was almost successful at not interrupting his sleep!

“I’ve got work today, Ben,” I stated, turning to look at his tired face. “Go back to sleep,” I coaxed, softly.

He started shaking his head and motioned me to the bed with his hand.

“Ben, I’m gonna be late if-“

“I won’t keep you long,” he assured, cutting my protest short.

Gosh, he could be so stubborn at times. Despite my earlier protest I made my way to stand beside the bed. Literally as soon as I reached him he had my lips in an almost inescapable kiss, not that I was complaining. Each kiss with him was like a new experience. Sometimes the kisses would be soft and sweet or other times they would be more hungry and craving… like this one.

“Ben,” I gasped, pushing away for air. “I really need to leave or I’ll be late. We can continue this after work.” I wiggled my eyebrows suggestively, emitting a chuckle from him.

“Looking forward to it.” He grinned, laying back against my pillows. “My place?”

“Sounds perfect.” I smiled in return, leaning down to press my lips against his cheek in a kiss. “Meet you there at four?” I called to him as I started toward the door.

“Mhm,” I heard him hum as I left the room.

“Ben spent the night last night, I see,” Sammi spoke when I appeared in the living room and rushed past where she was sitting on the couch, Danny asleep on her shoulder.

“Yeah… nothing happened,” I replied to her suggestive looks. “I just… I couldn’t sleep without him here,” I admitted, scooping my keys off the coffee table.

“Awh, that’s so sweet!” Sammi gushed, careful to not wake her boyfriend.

I nodded, awkwardly, with a small smile. “I’m going to Ben’s place after work. I’ll see you later, but I don’t know when. Bye, Sam!” I called, stepping out of the apartment.

I’d been away from work for so long, the thought of going back exhausted me.

“Hey, Dai,” Steph called to me the moment I pushed through the glass door. “Haven’t seen you in that uniform in a while.” She smiled at me before she continued on. “Any of your friends stopping by today?”

“Not sure about Sammi or Danny, but I don’t think Ben will. I’m going to his house right after work,” I explained, grabbing a wet cloth to scrub down the tables.

“Aren’t you two just adorable,” she said, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

“So, we’ve been told,” I murmured, a small smile on my lips. Everyone seemed to think our relationship was the most adorable thing ever. My sister, Sammi, and Steph had made us aware of it. I’m not sure I had any room for disagreement. I was happy with our relationship and I cared for Ben a lot. A lot more than I would allowed myself to when I first made his acquaintance. I loved him now.

~~~

Work was fairly busy, but Marilyn and I distributed the workload evenly between the two of us. Danny and Sam did stop by, but only for a thirty minute lunch and they were much too busy with each other to mess with distracting me.

My shift was eight hours and I was thankful to be free of the sweaty, grease smelling diner when I clocked out at four. I waved goodbye to Steph and made my way to my car, eager to get to Ben’s house.

I parked beside Ben’s car in his driveway, my Honda paling in comparison to his Audi. I rushed up to his door, a little too excited I supposed, and knocked once before he yanked the door open. Looks like I wasn’t the only one excited for this night of the two of us together.

“Hey, love.” He grinned that charming grin of his at me, bending to kiss my lips softly, contradicting the kiss he gave me before I left this morning. “Come on in,” he offered, stepping to the side to let me through. “I’m making you dinner,” he told me, using my waist to usher me into the kitchen.

“You are?” I returned his grin and took a seat at one of the stools pushed up against the Island. “You didn’t have to do that,” I told him, a whisper of a smile on my lips.

“I wanted to,” he assured me.

“That’s what that smell was.” I peeked over his shoulder to the sight of the pans sitting on the stove. “Wow. It smells amazing.”

He shrugged his shoulders sheepishly and turned back to his project on the stove. “It’s just spaghetti I didn’t want to overdo it,” he explained.

“Sounds perfect. Spaghetti is my favorite food, you know?” I said with a smile.

“Is it?” He peeked over his shoulder to look at me with an arched eyebrow.

“Mhm.” I nodded, smiling up at him the entire time. It was true. Spaghetti was my favorite food and absolutely perfect tonight. It wasn’t fancy, but it wasn’t the equivalent to a frozen dinner either. After several seconds of silence I spoke up again. “Ben?”

“Yes?” He turned around fully to look at me.

“Is this like a date?” I questioned, tilting my head to the side. “I’ve never been on a date.” When I was with my ex, Joshua, we were just sort of… together. We never went anywhere. He never did anything for me. Now looking back I realize I was stupid to think our relationship would last. Clearly for him it was just for show.

His face screwed up in thought and finally he nodded. “Yes, I suppose you could say this is a date,” he said with a whisper of a smile on his lips. “I’m honored to be your first date.”

The side of my mouth twitched to the side. “You better make this the best first date ever,” I warned him, teasingly.

“I’ll try,” he replied in the same teasing tone I’d just used. “Looks like the food is ready. Go sit at the table and I’ll bring it over to you.”

“You sure you don’t need any help?” I asked, rising to stand on my feet.

“No. I’m gonna do this for you. You don’t need to lift a finger,” he told me.

“If you don’t mind, could I go change really quick? I brought some regular clothes so I wouldn’t be stuck with this uniform all night.”

“Of course not. You know where to go.” He gestured up the stairs with a nod of his head.

I ran up to Ben’s room and was quick to change into shorts and a tank top for the night. It took me less than five minutes and I was back to the kitchen.

In the time I was gone Ben had set up the table. There were two plates of food, the silverware and napkins needed, and two glasses of red wine. Not incredibly fancy, but perfect nonetheless. Ben looked at my face expectantly from his standing spot beside the table.

“It looks absolutely perfect,” I told him as he pulled my seat out for me. “Thank you.”

“No problem, my dear.” He took his own seat and we ate the food Ben had made in contentment.

~~~

“Shall we finish what we started this morning?” I asked once we were shut in Ben’s room.

Ben didn’t hesitate in pushing his lips against mine, cravingly hungry. His hands slid down my sides, grabbing them to pull my body against his.

“You don’t waste any time, do you?” I giggled as his hands slid under the white tank top I wore. The warmth coming off of his hands was enough to send shivers coursing throughout my body.

“Not at all,” he mumbled against my lips, beginning to yank my shirt over my head. Not two seconds after that his lips found the tender flesh of my neck, kissing and sucking on it.

I let out a moan and started tugging on his shirt. “Off… off,” I demanded, still trying the get it over his head. After a couple more seconds of making me struggle, he pulled it off himself to satisfy me. I went straight for the clavicle, pressing small kisses there and working my way up to his neck.

Ben reached his arms around my torso and unclasped my bra, throwing it to the side once he achieved sliding it down my arms. He then proceeded to press kisses everywhere around my breasts, his hand working its way down my pants.

“Ben!” I gasped in surprise as he rubbed his hand against my underwear. I undid the button of my shorts with shaky hands and pulled them down to give him better access. “I want your pants off too,” I ordered, unbuttoning them.

“Patience, patience.” My boyfriend chuckled, but pulled his pants off for me anyway.

We were in a position on the bed so that I was on my knees, one knee on each side of him, and his lap was directly under me. His back was pushed against the headboard and his face was level with mine. We were both only in our underwear at this point.

Ben rid me of the nuisance that was my underwear and him of his. “Come here, baby,” he murmured, pulling me closer to him. Our lips touched as I sat down for him to enter me. We were so caught up in the act of our love making that we couldn’t hear the front door open and shut.

“Ben!” I moaned, throwing my head back in pure ecstasy.

We didn’t even realize the bedroom door open either until a tearful, female voice called, “Ben?!”

Ben froze and I was off of him in a second, covering my body with his blanket.

“Ali!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger for you guys! Don't hate me!

Thanks to...
ForeverRocking660

Tell me what you think of the chapter! :)