Status: Active

Lips of an Angel

Chapter Five

“Hi Natalie.” Valary said as she walked over to Matt and sat down.
“Hey Valary. What are you doing here?”
“Oh, Matt didn’t tell you? We got back together last week.” She replied, smiling at me.

I fought back tears as I stood up and grabbed my bag, leaving the building for a cigarette break. I was holding the tears back all the way through the back of the recording studio. Up until I go outside and it all came crashing down.

My body racked with sobs and my hands shook violently as I slowly opened up my pack of cigarettes, being so careful not to burn myself as I lit up.

“Fuck!” I screamed at no one in particular, kicking one of the deck chairs out of my way.
“Whoa! Maybe I’ll come back in a bit.”

I glared at Brian, standing in the doorway and immediately his surprise disappeared and was replaced with sympathy. He slowly picked up the fallen chair and sat down in it, motioning for me to sit down with him. I shook my head fervently and carried on pacing back and forth, taking a puff of the volatile smoke every minute or so.

“You want to talk about it?” Brian asked, lighting his own cigarette and taking a drag.
“Not really Brian… Do you think I’m…”
“If you say pretty so help me God I will make the guys send you to a mental institution… Natalie, you’re beautiful. Matt’s just a dick.”

I paused, looking at him for a moment.

“So you know then.”
“Of course I do, we all do except for Matt. Like I said, he’s being a colossal dick right now. That bitch has him all confused. I knew she was bad news the moment she stepped foot in the van, we all did but Matt was so infatuated with her. He loves her for one thing and one thing only.”
“Please Brian, I really don’t want to be discussing Matt’s sex life.”
“Alright but believe me. The man is head over heels in love with you.”
“Sure he is.”
“I’m serious, just ask Zack, Johnny or Jimmy. They’ll all tell you the same thing. He feels that you’re too far out of reach though. Try showing him…”
“Synyster Gates giving relationship advice… well this is a new one.”
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Look, just talk to them alright.”

I finished off my cigarette and stubbed it out with the toe of my sneakers before giving Brain a quick hug and going back inside to go fix my smeared makeup and then to take Zacky to pick up the auto-tuner for Lost. Maybe I could talk to him then. Yeah, that seemed logical.
♠ ♠ ♠
Listening to: O.G. Loko - Of Mice & Men