Never My Intention to Brag

Family Or Fans?

I woke up the next morning at half 9 and went straight into jack’s room, he was fast asleep by the time I got home as I went to see Matt quickly, I opened the door and saw jack still asleep, I went over his bed and sat on his torso with my legs on either side, I watched his eyes slowly opening and realising my new hair, he’s eyes widened.
‘Fuck, that’s amazing.’ He replied hugging me, I smiled at him. That was the exact reaction that I wanted and the same that Matt had given me.
‘I thought it would look better than the blondish brown than before.’ I replied, he nodded and hugged me.
‘The others are going to freak out you realise that?’ he told me and I sighed.
‘This is me were on about. I shock everyone in anything.’ I replied getting up from him and leaving.
‘We’re being collecting in half an hour!’ I told him and went into my room and stripped naked and went into my shower, I washed my whole body and my hair before stepping out and getting into some clean underwear and a pair of leggings and one of the many glamour kills tops I owned. I tied my hair into ponytail and found my sandals, I grabbed myself a bag from my wardrobe and put my purse, ipad, keys and phone into my bag, along with my makeup bag and some various chargers. I went downstairs and jack threw me a cereal bar and walked passed me and handed me a protein shake. I sat in the living room watching some news, until jack finally called out that they were here to collect us, I grabbed my bag and met jack at the front.
We got in the car, Rian and Zack there, I smiled at them and they looked at me. I shook my head and looked at the boys. I kicked off my shoes and pulled on my seat belt, I put my bag on the floor whilst waiting for their response.
‘It looks fucking amazing.’ Rian finally said, I turned around and smiled at him.
‘Thank you.’ I replied.
When we finally got at the shoot location and Alex was already there, we got out the car and he looked at my hair.
‘Ginger!’ he shouted and I laughed, we hugged each other. Then we all went inside, I was sent straight to hair and makeup, I felt her run through my hair with her hair brush, I relaxed, knowing that this was going to be a long shoot knowing my luck. I looked up and my ginger hair was put into soft beach curls, and somebody was now starting to do my makeup, I watched as she put on the foundation then the dark shadow. After I was done there I was sent to get my clothes, I was handed some white and blue shorts and a white top, I put them on and I was sent outside. I and Alex sat there drinking beer in the warm sun whilst Rian was doing his single shoot.
‘did you speak to your sister then?’ he asked me, I turned to him me and my sister Sam, well let’s just say she and I don’t see eye to eye, we used to be really close then I moved out the house and signed with hopeless and everything went downhill from there. Next week she was going to have first scan, I think the pregnancy ruined a lot of our relationship, she’s 18 and I was fine with her being pregnant but when she told me that she wanted me to be a part of the pregnancy I was thrilled but the dates were slap bang when I’m in London for reading and Leeds.
‘No, I don’t know what I’m going to do, it’s choosing between the band and my family.’ I told him, Alex looked at me he knew how it felt; I didn’t have to choose just yet, there was always that chance that she could be early or late, but then she could have on that date.
‘Faith?’ I was ready and I leant up against the wall and the pictures were taken, I was just relaxing not really thinking of anything but the music, after I finished me and Alex recorded a acoustic version of one of the songs for the extras from the cd, we took one group shot before heading into the car and back to home.
Once we got there I got straight into my car and drove over to my family’s home, I don’t go here as often as I should, it doesn’t take long to get there, and once I got there I locked up the car, it was a dodgy place were my parent’s lived, I went through the gate and knocked on the door twice, I heard the fight to someone to answer the door, finally my mum answered with an apron on, she smiled at me.
‘God, you look so much older.’ She told me, I laughed and she let me in, I put my bag down in the living room and we went to the kitchen were everyone was sitting. The turned and looked at me.
‘Faith?’ Sam asked me, I smiled and she hugged me, and I took a seat.
‘How’s the shoot today?’ my other sister Grace asked me. She was looking at my twitter.
‘Yeah it was good, I was wondering, if you and Sam wanted to come out to dinner tonight?’ I asked them both, they looked at me then at my mum.
‘Yeah sure they can go,’ she replied, they both looked at me and nodded.
‘Okay, if you guys go get ready now, we can leave in an hour?’ I asked them and they both nodded and went upstairs, my mother handed me a cup of tea. She then sat down next to me and faced me. Since we finished recording the album I’d been in the news a lot, it wasn’t bad in some ways, but it wasn’t good in others.
‘The news.’ She asked me, I sighed.
‘mum calm down, you know no-one of it is true,’ I told her, me and Alex went to las Vegas to do some last minute writing and people had caught pictures of me doing coke, mum wasn’t impressed with it, but I told her I hadn’t done it again. But then there were the pictures of me and Dan Flint. I went over to the UK to visit some of my family that still lived there. I went to visit him, we’ve always been good friends but then he asked me to go out with him, I said yes and we went on a date and a few more before I got home, we still talked and he said he’d come and see me when he was next over here, but I was getting questions all the time for the truth, but I couldn’t tell them because I didn’t know myself. Dan and me hadn’t mentioned going out or being together?
The girls came downstairs and we said goodbye to my mum and got into the car and I drove us to restaurant, we got half way there and my phone rang, I looked at the i.d. Dan. I looked straight at my sisters, and answered the phone to him.
‘Hello?’ I answered, my sisters didn’t say a word.
‘Hey Faith.’ Dan replied, I smiled, and I never thought I’d actually miss his voice or him.
‘How are you?’ I asked him.
‘I’m good thanks you?’ he replied, and my thoughts went straight back to the time me and him first met, it was chucking it down with rain and I was at reading and Leeds. He smiled at me and I didn’t realise he was one of the kindest people I knew, and never said a bad thing then, and I remembered when josh told me about his dad, I was shocked. Dan’s a strong boy and it amazes me.
‘I’m good.’ I replied.
‘Where are you?’ he asked me.
‘Just in the car, don’t worry you’re on loud speaker’ I replied.
‘ahh right, I was just wondering, I’m in the states next week to see some friends, and I was wondering if I could come see you?’ he asked me, my sisters looked straight at me, I shook my head.
‘Yeah sure, if you text me the details or whatever I’ll make sure I’m free.’ I replied.
‘Okay cool. I’ll let you go, but I’ll see you then.’ He replied.
‘Okay bye.’ I hung up and I looked at my sisters.
‘Omg, tell me you’re seeing him?’ Grace asked me, I laughed.
‘I wished, no we’ve been on a few dates, but it’s really nothing more than that.’ I told her and we arrived at the restaurant.
‘But you’ve got warped soon and he’s there, right?’ Sam said, she was right, Dan’s band was going to be there and I knew it was going to make things hard, it means that we would have to be in hard relationship, it’s difficult, I’ve seen it with Rian and Cassadee. I didn’t actually know what I was going to do. We all got out my car, I locked it up and headed inside the restaurant.
We took a seat outside and I order a burger and chips. I watched as my sisters drink their drinks slowly, I knew I was going to have to speak to Dan, and I knew I had to speak to Sam about her baby.
‘Sam, you do know that if the baby arrives on time, I can’t be there.’ I told her, I felt bad, I was always there when my family needed me, but at the moment, the band and the fans came first, and they needed to.
‘ I know, I’m going to hold on for as long as I can, if I can I’ll wait till you’ve finished there then I’ll have it, but if I can do that will you promise me that you’ll speak to Dan about what’s happening between the pair of you.’ She told me, I looked at her, I nodded. She came over and she hugged me.
‘Thank you.’ She replied, I smiled at her.
We finished in the restaurant and we got back into the car, I drove us to pinkberry to get some frozen yoghurt for us, we got our yoghurt and sat down on the chair when my phone vibrated, I opened it up and saw that it was Dan.
‘hey so I’m in L.A on the Thursday, is it possible that you could come to me, don’t worry if you can’t,<3’ he told me, I smiled at the girls looked at me.
‘Dan?’ Sam asked me and I nodded.
‘What did he say?’ Grace replied, I told them what he said.
‘What you going to reply?’ Sam asked, I looked at my calendar, I was free on tomorrow morning which was the Thursday through to the evening, but I was doing interviews on Friday before me the boys went over to the UK to do some promos.
‘I’m going to say I can see him.’ I told them, ‘I can see you, Thursday afternoon good for you?<3’ I asked him.
‘I go on spring break next week.’ Grace told me.
‘Is mum taking you away with dad? ‘I asked her, ever since Sam had announced she was pregnant mum and dad had told Grace that it was going to be tougher to go on holiday all together. she shook her head, I felt bad, here I was jetting off to L.A in the morning to see Dan for the day and she was staying at home, I could go anywhere in the world and she was stuck at home in the middle of the arguments between Sam and her boyfriend, then she would come over to mine and jack’s and I’d let her sleep in the spare bedroom, she didn’t really have that much friends at school they only liked her because of me, and it pissed her off, Grace got bullied a lot and would come to my gig in the evenings and have two hours sleep and go to school. I’d told my mum she couldn’t do it, I told them she needed home schooling but they didn’t listen, they listened when I told them Sam couldn’t be at school when I was here as I barely got to see her and they listened.
‘Come with me, I’m in L.A on Thursday then going to the UK, I’m sure mum would be fine with you coming to UK. You haven’t been there in a while and I’m sure the guys won’t mind.’ I told her she looked at me. It would give her a break and it meant we could talk about what she wanted to do for her future.
‘Really?’ she replied, I smiled.
‘Yeah sure, I’ll speak to mum, you’ll just need some spending money and then you can go.’ I told her.
We finished up in pinkberry and headed back to my parents’ house, I dropped the girls off. And promised Grace that I’d speak to mum, I got home and went straight upstairs and booked myself a flight to L.A then talked everything over to make sure it was okay for Grace to come over with us. When they said yes I hung up and called my parents.
After a while on the phone to each other, I got up to the conversation of Grace.
‘I spoke to her about it and I was wondering if you’d be okay if she came to the UK with me and the guys, I’ll pay for the flight and she would just need to spending money.’
‘When do you go?’ she asked me.
‘Friday morning, I come back from L.A and then I’m home for like half an hour then we goes to the airport.’
‘Wait, why are you going to L.A?’
‘Shit, well I’m going to see a friend.’
‘Who?’
‘Dan.’
‘Okay, well she can go, I’ll send her to yours Thursday evening, I trust jack don’t worry.’
‘Thank you. Tell her to back decent clothes. Remember her passport. Love you.’
‘I will, love you too.’ I hung up the phone and texted the boys saying that they would be joined by my sister and they were fine that she was coming, I switched off my phone and got into my bed and went to sleep, I was going to get up at 2 so I could get on the plane to see Dan.
♠ ♠ ♠
I start revising for my exams today so the chapters won't be up as regularly as I would like, any feedback let me know please, it helps me to write! xo