Never My Intention to Brag

What Happens In Vegas, Stays In Vegas.

Warped tour 2012 was finally around, I hadn’t seen Ben since I came back but he texted me saying that he was coming down to see us play when we were in Vegas, but that was almost three weeks back and he hadn’t mentioned up the subject since, Sam was still in hospital, she was having problem with her breathing which was causing her an issue with her unborn child. There were so many rumours going around about Ben, I’d been told by my friend Laura who knows Danny from AA that Ben had slept with someone else when he was on tour. I didn’t know whether to believe Laura or Ben. I decided to speak to my boys the people that I trusted with my life to see what I should do. I moved from my bunk were I’d been lying and trying to make up a decision. I pulled down my green gilly hicks yoga shorts that had ridden up from where I had been sleeping. I walked into the front room were Jack and Alex were sitting on the sofa whilst Zack and Rian were on the table on their laptops. They realised I was unhappy the second I walked into the room.
“Right tell us what’s up.” Zack asks me, they all look at me distracting themselves from their technology.
“It’s Ben, Laura spoke to Danny and he told her that Ben had slept with someone else whilst he’s on tour. I don’t know who to believe whether Laura is telling the truth or to ask Ben.” I asked them. I waited for them to answer.
“Who do you trust more?” came the reply from Rian. Laura’s been my best friend my whole life the person who I can call up at two in the morning and she wouldn’t care if it was late or she had to be in her office for work the next morning, she’d answer it and help me through my situation. Ben was the guy who I knew through other people, somebody who supposedly wanted me for ages but didn’t dare say anything to me for almost two years that I’d known him. I’d been avoiding Dan for ages because of Ben, I missed Dan.
“Laura.” I finally came out with, I felt jack’s arm around my shoulder.
“Call Ben up and see what he says. Then make your decision.” Alex told me, I nodded and grabbed my mobile and walked into the back room. I sat down on the back sofa and dialled Ben’s number.
It rang two times before it was answered.
“Faith?” came his groggy morning voice, I hadn’t heard his voice in ages normally he would send tingles inside of me but this time it was nothing.
“Ben, look um, I need to talk to you.” I asked him, I started to play with my bracelets.
“Okay, go for it.”
“Look I’ve heard things of people saying that you’ve slept with other people, I need to know if it is true or not.” I heard a groan of ben.
“Faith.”
“Ben tell me.”
“I’m sorry,” he finally whispered.
“Ben you know what I said, I can’t trust you now,”
“Faith, please hear me out.”
“Tell me then.”
“I was drunk, I didn’t realise to much later what was happening,” ben told me.
“Ben that’s a pathetic excuse, I don’t trust you I can’t.”
“Faith…”
“I’m sorry Ben, you messed this one up not me. I’m sorry.” I hung up the phone and put it on the sofa, I looked up to see Jack standing in the doorway, and I forced a smile. Jack ran over to me and sat down.
“Jack it’s your birthday, I feel bad that you’re staying with me.”
“I don’t care you’re my best friend, tonight we’re going to get wasted and forget about this all.” Jack told me, I smiled.
After jack comforted me we headed to the hard rock hotel that we were staying at and I went to the room I was staying at and changed into some tie-dyed shorts and bikini. I tied my hair up and sat down in the freezing cold hotel room. I pulled up my messages and selected the contact that held the number of the boy I hadn’t spoken to for weeks.
“Dan I’ve finally come to my senses, I’ve been a dick for not speaking to you, I’ve only just realised and I’m sorry, I miss you and I understand if you don’t want to be my friend any longer. Xx” I pressed send and placed my phone into my back pocket, I picked up the ray bans off the side. I swiped my hotel card across the side and placed it in my pocket and left to go downstairs towards the pool were everyone was. My phone vibrated the second I was outside the lift and I pulled it up to see it was from Dan.
“You don’t realise how much I missed you, of course I still want to be your friend. Look I’ll come see you during jack’s bash, xx” Dan replied I smiled, lease I hadn’t fucked this up with him. I got to where jack was having a massive dj set. Fans cheered when they spotted me I smiled and went over to the guys and hugged them.
It got to half way through when we finally went back up to the hotel room that hard rock had sorted out for jack, I changed first into jeans heels and a shirt before going up to be greeted by champagne and Jess from ‘The Summer Set.’ I hugged her and we made our way in.
“Sorry about you and Ben.” Were the first words from her mouth, I was confused.
“It’s fine, it’s not your fault, looks like it was never meant to be.” I told her shrugging my shoulders. I spotted my boys on the dance floor and we both joined them, I was knocking back my drinks, before I knew it I was on jack’s back he was running up and down the dance floor. The room was spinning but I spotted the guy I’d missed so much in the crowd, I smiled at him and jack let me get down. I walked over to him and he hugged me.
“I miss you,” I whispered into his ears.
“I miss you too.” He replied. I could feel the smile on his face that was starting to emerge. He took my hand and we started to walk around till we found somewhere quiet.
“Faith, I’m sorry about you and ben,” he told me.
“It’s fine.”
“Faith, look I um…” Dan began then my phone started to vibrate. I pulled it out my back pocket and saw the caller I.D from Brain from ‘The Summer Set.’
“Sup?” I answered it to.
“You need to come see Alex, in the bar.” He told me, I grabbed Dan’s hand and dragged him with me, and I saw Alex who was jumping from seat to seat on bar stools. I laughed and took pictures of him doing this. Dan wrapped his arm around my waist, I pulled myself closer to him and looked up and smiled at him. What was this? Dan never actually admitted to liking me, he just took me places. I turned and look at Alex who was still jumping from chair to chair.
“Drink?” Dan asked me, I nodded and we went over to the bar, Dan ordered us both a coke and vodka. I took a gulp and Dan joined me, I smiled at him. We both made our way to the back to the lounge bit were we both took a seat. Dan pulled my legs over his knees.
“How we going to survive tomorrow?” Dan asked me, I laughed.
“In other words how are Jack and Alex going to survive?” I replied, a show tomorrow with them that were going to be hung-over.
“Don’t worry, you can come hang out with me.” Dan replied taking my hand and playing with it.
“I’m definitely going to have to take that up.” I told him, he laughed and smiled at me. This was all it was us just smiling at me, and me returning it.
After lots of drinking I ended up lying on my bed, I was sharing this room with Jack, he was still partying with everyone else, and I took off all my makeup and walked over to my suitcase and looked inside to find a top that was ben’s. I threw it over into the corner and sat down on the floor. I didn’t even know if I had made the right decision. I was still stuck wondering. I pulled my phone up from the floor and dialled the number I knew off by heart. My best friend. Esme.
“Hello?” came the voice that I hadn’t heard in ages.
“Esme. I need you.”
“Why?”
“I broke up with Ben because Laura was told by Danny he cheated on me, and when I asked him if it was true or not he couldn’t even give me a straight answer and I’ve ruined my friendship with him and the band.”
“Faith, I don’t know what to say about Ben, he’s got the rep for cheating.”
“But then I’ve been getting back to talking to Dan again.”
“Don’t, look stay single for a while. Don’t jump back into a relationship.”
“Thanks, love you.”
“You’re welcome, and I love you too.”
I hung up the phone and went over to jack’s suitcase and pulled out one of his tops, I pulled it over my body and it stopped just above my knee. I tied up my hair into a messy bun. There was a knock at the door and I got up and answered it. I looked through the peep hole to see Tay standing there. I smiled and unlocked the door and let her in. she wrapped both her arms around me.
“Esme texted me, no-one told me, faith I’m so sorry.” She told me, I shook my head then shrugged my shoulders.
“I don’t even know what the hell happened.” I replied, we headed into the room and sat down on the bed.
“I knew that we weren’t going to go anywhere, he didn’t even mention about us going to jack’s together, so I left it.”
“Faith, he doesn’t deserve someone like you, you’ll meet someone better I promise!” Tay told me, she was right, I hugged Tay and she left me. I pulled myself into bed and switched off the light. Half way through the night I heard Jack climb into my bed and lied down next to meet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments or something, or I will stop posting, if you don't want to be judgemeant just do it on my tumblr, links on page!