Counting the Miles

Seven.

Bella

“Hey Mikey,” he didn’t say anything for a few seconds, and finally he sighed.
“I’m sorry about the other night Bells,” I could hear the frown in his voice. “I shouldn’t have done that. You’re an adult, but you’re my baby sister, and he’s a prick.” He sighed and I could tell he was running his hand through his hair. “I’m sorry.”
“No, it’s fine. I completely understand. Ace helped me.”
“Ace?” I could tell he was smirking. “How’s that going anyway?” I bit my lip and smiled.
“Mike, it’s fine. Where’s mom?”


-> I looked at the boy beside me driving. We were halfway between New Mexico and Texas. I know maybe I shouldn’t have said anything about being in Texas. But then again, who else would say something to Ace? He’s been helping me so much, so I want to help him in some small way.
“Are you going to show me your school?”
He looked over at me and smiled. “You want to? I have the keys to the apartment still, so we wouldn’t have to get a hotel. And a few of my buddies are around so we can go out tonight.”
I grinned and nodded. I had visited Mike once last year with Ace, but they didn’t let me come and party with them. Instead they dropped me off at the girl’s next door, and I ended up drinking with them. It was fun, but I still wanted to go to a college party.
“That sounds awesome actually.” He smiled and nodded.
“It’s settled then, let me call Jack.”
- - - - - - - -
“Yo,” Ace said as we were stopping for a late lunch. We wanted to get as close to Texas as possible. We were about an hour away. We also needed gas, so I suggested he called his buddies for tonight.
“We think we’ll be around there about 9,” he said and stopped and looked at his watch. “Yeah, is anything going on tonight?” He smiled and laughed. “That’s perfect.”
A couple minutes later they hung up and he smiled at me. “You ready for Texas parties?”
- - - - - - - -
“This is your house?” I asked as we stopped in front of a three story house.
“Well it’s an apartment, the house is split into two apartments, but yeah. Welcome.” He said opening the passenger door and sliding out. I stepped out, and felt the warm air on my skin. We had the air conditioner on and my skin was finally getting rid of the goose bumps.
“It’s nice,” I said as he grabbed our bags and we headed inside.
“Yeah it’s not too shabby.” He unlocked the door and we headed inside. I could hear music from the second floor, a TV on from down the hall, and two boys yelling from the kitchen.
He put our bags down on the ground near the stairs and started towards the back of the house. I followed behind, curious to see what the yelling was about.
The second he walked in the door though, it stopped.
“Ace!” I smiled and peeked around Ace and saw two built tall boys. They both had dark hair, one with green eyes and the other with blue. They were both as tall as Ace, but were a little more buff.
“And who is this?” The one said catching my eye.
“This is Bella, Bella this is Jack and Mark.” I smiled and let them wrap me into a hug. I stepped back and looked around the kitchen.
“So what brings you two to Texas?”
“Ace was nice enough to offer to drive me to my shore house in Jersey.”
“Are you Mike’s sister?” Mark asked. I smiled and nodded.
“Yeah, that would be me.”
- - - - - - -
“This is your room for the night,” Ace said opening the door across the hall from his room. “Mark’s girlfriend usually stays here, but she went home for the summer and won’t mind you using it.”
I put my bag on the bed and smiled. “Thanks,” He nodded and rubbed the back of his neck.
“So we’ll probably leave in an hour.” I nodded and began going through my bag.
“Okay, sounds good.”
- - - - - - - -
I found a pair of my jeggings, a blue tang top that cut down low with red tassels, and a dark blue bandeau. I changed into the clothing, dug around and found a cute pair of sandals that had silver stones along the back of the heel. I smiled at my reflection and put my bangs back into a braid, ran my straighter through my hair, and applied minimal make up.
A knock at the door told me it was time to go. Opening the door, I saw Ace wearing clothing similar to what he was wearing earlier in the day. His hair looked styled, and his cologne filled my senses.
“Hey,” I said and shoved my phone into my pocket.
“Hey, you look good.” I blushed a little and pushed hair behind my ear.
“Thank you, you do as well.” He smiled and ushered me into the hallway and down the stairs where Mark, Jack and another boy was waiting.
“This is Brandon, Brandon this is Bella.” Ace said and I smiled and waved.
“Nice to meet you,” he said and smiled at me. He was tall and blonde with bright blue eyes. He wasn’t as buff as the other boys, but he was still slightly bigger than Ace.
“And it’s nice to meet you too.”
“Okay, so we’re going to 76?” Jack asked. Mark nodded and smiled.
“Yeah, they are one of the only houses left on the street that didn’t go home for the summer.”
- - - - - - -
We walked down the street, and I could hear the bumping of the bass from four houses down.
“Doesn’t anyone call the cops?” I asked looking up at Ace.
He shook his head. “No, this street is mostly college kids, and like Mark said everyone went home for the summer.” I nodded and grew anxious to get inside.
When we stepped inside it was hot and smoky. We pushed our way through to the kitchen where a guy was handing out red cups. I slid up to the front and smiled.
“Well, hello. You’re not from here.”
“Nope, visiting for the night, and I’d love for you to give me a cup. I am quite parched.” He laughed and handed me a cup.
“Maybe I’ll see you around,” he winked and I laughed and bounced over to the keg to get my solo cup filled.
- - - - - -
I started dancing with Jack and Mark and was having a good time. The music pulsed through my body, rocking me to the beat. We sang at the top of our lungs to the songs we knew, and Jack danced like a fool to the songs he didn’t know.
I left the boys to get a refill and found the boy from earlier talking. He stopped when I entered the kitchen and smiled.
“Hey,” I smiled and walked over.
“Hey to you too.”
“So what’s your name?”
“I’m Bella,” I said holding out my hand. He smiled again and took my hand in his and kissed the top of it.
“I’m Alex, it’s nice to meet you.” I blushed slightly, never have experienced that before.
“Want another drink?” He asked and I nodded. I watched as he filled my cup and slowly handed it back to me. “You can have it if you dance with me.”
“Sorry Alex, she already promised me one.” I turned slowly, and felt a smile creeping onto my skin. Ace came over and threw an arm around me. I wrapped my arm around his waist, and felt myself snuggling to him.
“I was looking for you,” he said looking down at me.
“I’m sorry, I was thirsty,” I said looking up at him under my lashes. Past boyfriends told me they couldn’t help but fall for that look, every time.
“Okay, but don’t leave me again,” he said whispering in my ear. I smiled and nodded. Ace took my drink from Alex, grabbed my hand and led me back to the dance floor. I waved my hand over my head and smiled.
The music seemed to get louder as we entered the living room. Jack was off with another girl; Mark was off near the stairs with Brandon. I pulled Ace to me and smiled.
“Bells, I don’t dance.” I gave him my look and pouted.
“Please?” He smiled and stepped closer to me. I turned my back to him and started moving to the beat, I felt his arms slide around me and pulled my waist closer.
I closed my eyes and felt our bodies moving slowly at first, and then beginning to match the rhythm as the song reached its peak. I opened my eyes and saw his starring right back at me. I smiled and turned towards him. His arms never loosened themselves around me. I threw my arms around his neck and brought his head closer to mine.
“You’re an excellent dancer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay my favorite chapters are starting from here :)

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks