Not Worth Your Tears

OpenLabs

. Kay, where are you?

. you said you'd call?

. my show starts in 10 what do i do?

. kay u there?

. have to go wish me luck


I frowned at Kyle's texts and pulled into a parking lot. In front of me was a large restaurant, whose name was written in German. Crowded around the restaurant was a group of teenagers, texting.

"I hear he's really good!" One said, tapping her friends arm.

"Yeah, I heard him during sound check. He's super good. And really hot too. I googled him, here look." Said her friend.

I walked into the bar section, and was surprised to find it realitivly full. They all stood watching as a tall boy came and sat nervously on the stage. He looked incredibly out of place and awkward among them, but they smiled at him.

"Hello everybody, my name is Kyle. For all of you who can, you know, speak English. This is a song I wrote for a girl who has always stuck by me, no matter what." Kyle adjusted the mic and started playing soft chords that made everyone fall at ease. He sung quietly and softly, but loud enough for everyone to hear. Already the crowd was in love.

"And you caught me off guard
Now I'm running and screaming
I feel like a hero and you are my heroine
Do you know that your love is the sweetest sin?
And I feel a weakness coming on
Never felt so good to be so wrong
Had my heart on lockdown
And then you turned me around"


As he finished the audience clapped and I clapped along with them, winding my way up to the front. Kyle smiled widely and sat bolt right. "Kaybree!" He called out, rushing towards me. He picked me up and swung me around in circled making the crowd sigh aw.

Kyle held my head in his hands and looked me in the eyes. "You came all the way out to Germany to come see me? How?"
I set my hand overtop of one of his and leaned into it. "Of course I did, Kyle. I'm not poor remember? My daddy paid this for me."

"Hey, common. Let's go back in my dressing room, and we'll talk there." Kyle took my hand and we wound through the dark hallways and into a little room with a mirror, mini fridge and a couch.

We sat down on the couch and he smiled, playing with my fingers. "I'm so happy you're here Kaybree."

I smiled, loving how he traced the bones of my hands. "I'm glad you're happy, that I'm here." I laughed, watching his face.

"Kaybree...you were right. About Kennedy.." Kyle said, dropping his hands. He shoved them into his pockets. "She just wanted to stick around in case I got signed. Apparently she's ran off with Keith...but for some reason, I don't think I really care anymore."

Kyle cracked me a crooked smile, and ran his finger up my arm, over my shoulder and up to my hair where he wrapped a finger in one of my curls. "You're very beautiful Kaybree."

I blushed and raised my hand to meet his fingers. "Thank you Kyle..."

"Kaybree, I'm going to kiss you." He said, wrapping his arms round my waist.

"Not if I kiss you first." I laughed, coming closer to his lips. "Kyle, I love you."

Kyle closed his eyes and his long lashes overlapped mine. "I love you too, Kaybree." His lips parted and grazed against mine, causing my heart to beat wildly, and my breathing to excellerate. I had never experienced something so sweet and pure, something so innocent in my entire life. His kiss made me soar into the air, and any former stresses and pains were taken from me in that moment as he held me close to him. I tear came out of the corner of my eye and dripped onto our lips. "Nobody is worth your tears, and the one who is won't make you cry. Remember?" He mumbled between kisses.

I smiled briefly and kissed him softly. "You said you were nobody, remember?" Kyle laughed and hugged me tightly, rocking me in his arms.

We parted and he took my hands, kissing them both. "Thank you for coming, Kay. I needed you here."

"Kyle, I have some good news for you." I pulled him through the crowd and he grinned.

"What could be better than realizing that I loved you this whole time?" He asked, running a finger down my nose.

"Nothing of course, but, this comes pretty close. You might want to sit down, Ky." I directed him to a chair and we both sat down holding hands. "Do you remember when I told you about my dad?"

Kyle nodded and cocked his head to the side. "The owner and CEO right?" I nodded and smiled, playing with his fingers. "You never did tell me what it was he owns though."

"Well that's what I want to talk to you about. My dad owns OpenLabs Audio Label, and frankly he's been dying to look for good new talent. I sent him one of your songs." I drifted off, letting Kyle make the connections himself. His face lit up, and he covered his mouth.

"No." He whispered, covering his mouth and hiding a goofy grin. "You're kidding right? Stop it, this is horrible."

"I'm not and I won't. Kyle OpenLabs needs you. My dad begged me to beg you. You'll get a pretty good wage, and plus you get the perks of being friends with the CEO and owner's daughter." I smiled at him and squeezed his hand.

"That's all we are, Kay?" He asked, a look of disappointment flashing on his face.

"You never asked me otherwise."

Kyle smiled and patted my hands. "Kaybree, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, watching my face. A few seconds went by and he sat anxiously. "Please?"

I giggled and smiled, squeezing his hands. "Of course silly."