Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Trying to Impress Sakura

Itachi had shown Deidara how to apply eyeliner on earlier and now he was attempting to put it on himself. He was having some trouble though. His hands were shaky and as he looked in the mirror he realized he was putting too much on. Deidara stopped applying it and let out a loud sigh. It looked okay, but not the way he had envisioned it. Itachi had put it on him much better. He hoped Sakura would still be impressed with him though. It was worth a shot. Deidara’s pocket began to buzz then. He pulled his phone out and saw he had gotten a message.

“Sakura’s at my house. Come on over and work your magic on her,” Itachi’s text read.

Deidara couldn’t help but let a grin emerge. He was nervous as hell but this was his big chance!
Fifteen minutes later Deidara arrived at Itachi’s house. He knocked on the door and waited. A moment later Itachi emerged.

He gave Deidara a smile, “You look good man. Come in, Sakura’s on the couch.”

Deidara nodded and walked in. Sakura was indeed on the couch. She was watching a music channel with some video playing across the screen. When she heard the door close she looked up and saw Deidara.She gave him a puzzled expression. Deidara gulped, was it working? He stood there frozen and Itachi nudged him after a minute whispering in his ear.

“Go on make your move,” he said.

Deidara nodded and made his way over to Sakura. He sat down and gave her a smile.

She smiled slightly and said, “You look different today.”

“Is it a good different or a bad different?” He asked seriously.

Sakura cocked her head, “I’m not sure yet.” She gave him a small smile.

Deidara’s face reddened. She hadn’t rejected him yet! Itachi sat down next to Deidara and smirked. What was he planning?

“Deidara has a crush on you Sakura,” Itachi said suddenly.

“ITACHI!” Deidara shrieked his face turning a bright scarlet.

Sakura looked over at Deidara but he refused to look at her.

“I kind of already knew,” she said softly.

Deidara still averted his eyes, refusing to look at her.

“The truth is I never thought about you that way. I was always into Sasuke, but he never even paid any attention to me.”

Where was this going? Deidara thought.

Deidara finally lifted his eyes and looked at Sakura. She was blushing! What was happening?
“What I’m trying to say is I should have given you a chance. You talk a lot and you’re pretty girly but you seem nice,” she responded to his shocked look.

Itachi leaned into Deidara and muttered, “Kiss her.”

“What!” Deidara said shrilly.

“Do it, man!” Itachi whispered back.

Deidara was nervous. He didn’t realize Sakura would understand when she was told he liked her. He also couldn’t believe Itachi would be the one to tell her. He was mortified. Still he had to do or say something quickly. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Sakura looking at him expectantly. He let out a deep breath and decided to take a chance.

He leaned into Sakura, titled her chin up and kissed her. He kissed her softly at first but when he realized she was actually kissing him back he started to deepen it. They kissed for a little bit but then she broke away. She gazed at him shocked looking. Deidara had to admit it had been fun kissing her.

Sakura surprised him again with her next sentence. “I was wrong. I can’t believe I didn’t realize it sooner,” she said.

“What were you wrong about?” He questioned.

“I was wrong to think you were a loser and to think you weren’t attractive. I’m sorry,” Sakura hung her head.

Deidara pushed her chin up, “Hey don’t feel sorry for yourself. I understand how you could think those things. A lot of people think those things about me.”

Sakura shook her head, “But I shouldn’t have. That kiss made me question ever liking Sasuke. He was never as kind or sweet to me like you’ve been.”

Deidara grinned, “So do you want to go out with me this Saturday?”

Sakura giggled, “Yes.” She pulled out her phone and handed it to him. He punched in his number and gave it back to her.

Things were looking up. Never in a million years had he thought that Sakura would want to go out with him. She was beautiful and smart. Girls like her never went out with guys like him. It had happened though and he had Itachi to thank. Deidara glanced over at Itachi and gave him a huge smile. Itachi just laughed and nodded, as if to say, see everything works out in the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating this story in what feels like a million years...I hope you guys like this chapter. I plan on making this story pretty lengthy. :)