Status: In Progress

30 Years Past

Long Lost Friend

“What do you mean their kind?” I questioned again after Eric didn’t answer me the first time I asked.
“Wolves” He said obviously assuming that I would know he meant werewolves and not regular wolves.
“And why do you think I will be any help just because I’m as old as you” I eyed him suspiciously.
“Valary will you just help me with this one thing, not because I want you to but because I need you to” I was shocked by him saying that, never once had I heard him say he needed me for something besides the usual.
“Well I suppose I could be of assistance only after Isabel has gone back to Dallas, so just give me the night off and I will be in your office first thing tomorrow night, deal” I waited patiently for his response..
“That is fine I suppose” He nodded and was off before I could say anything else. Gotta love how one night he is all lovey and the next night nothing ever happened. Starting over.

Isabel and I arrived at Merlottes and found a seat in Sookie’s section. We were chatting with each other when a tall scruffy looking blonde haired man walked over to the table and cleared his throat. I looked up to see Sam Merlotte, the last time I had been in his bar he had slightly seemed put off by my being a vampire.
“Hello” I nodded a greeting and turned back to Isabel trying to end the conversation before it started,
“I see everything went ok in Dallas” Sam said trying to get the discussion started.
“Yes everything went fine” I smiled at him and looked away again, I still felt odd being around him.
“Is there something wrong, last time we talked you were more talkative, is this about me acting funny after finding out that you were a vampire?” Sam asked leaning against the table.
“Well I don’t know, how would you like it if I was put off by you being a human, if that’s even what you are, now me and my friend are only here to have a good time before she has to leave, and yes she is a vampire as well” I looked up at Sam with mixed emotions in my eyes and he just looked at me like he was figuring out whether to fight me or admire me.
“Well then I’ll be right back with a couple trubloods for you two” He turned and walked towards the bar. Sookie came over a few seconds later and said hi to us.
“Hey girls can I get you anything?” She asked.
“No, unfortunately Sam is getting our drinks” I shot a look over to Sam while he wasn’t looking.
“Now Valary he isn’t a bad person he just isn’t as accustomed to vampires as I am, and plus he’s not so normal himself” Sookie winked at me.
“I figured that out a long time ago, I just chose to ignore it” I smirked.
“We can smell it on him” Isabel threw out so that Sookie wasn’t confused. She nodded in understanding and went to her next table. A few minutes later Sam came back to the table with our drinks.
“Is there anything else I can get you?” He smiled a very sexy smile and leaned against the table, damn you Sam Merlotte and the way you wear your jeans, “Valary?” Sam broke my concentration.
“No I think we have everything we need” I smiled back and turned back to Isabel letting Sam know I was done talking.
“What was that all about?” Isabel asked as soon as Sam was out of earshot.
“I just need to be locked up in a box and kept away from people” I crossed my arms and buried my head in them.
“What are you babbling about?” Isabel asked as I continued to mumble into my arms talking about all the things that I regretted.
“Nothing I promise you that?” I smiled and took a drink of my trublood.

The next night I woke up in a surprisingly good mood, that was until I remembered I had to meet with Eric. I hurriedly took a shower and then took my sweet time getting ready, I was going to make Eric beg for me but not give in. I looked at myself in the mirror and knew I looked good, I thought about changing my clothes and putting something less eye catching on but at the last minute decided I was sticking with it.

I walked into Fangtasia with a boost of confidence as several people stopped dancing to look at me. I walked past the crowd and back to Eric’s office where Pam opened the door for me when I knocked. I nodded to Eric and when I got in the room and turned to the others in the room and stopped dead in my tracks.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is chapter four i'm sorry it tok so long for me to post i was on vacation last week and i wanted to get a few chapters typed so i could just post them as i go.
Hope you're enjoying.
Comments Appreciated =D