Status: In Progress

30 Years Past

Hunter Dream Team

“Valary what a pleasant surprise” The familiar voice lulled in its accent.
“Jude” I nodded not wanting to show my shock in front of Eric. As if on cue Eric cleared his throat and started in on the business at hand.
“So the problem at hand is that there is a group of weres that are crossing the world killing all supernaturals” Eric began.
“What do you mean by all supernaturals?” I questioned wanting more information.
“Werewolves, vampires, shifters, faeries, witches, you name it and they are killing it” He responded.
“It started in Aussie and I figured it was just a big coincidence but when I saw the pattern continue and then saw the news in America I decided this was no coincidence” Jude explained and looked from me to Eric.
“And why is this now our problem?” I glared at Eric thinking he just wanted to get into more trouble.
“Because seven wolves, two witches, and a colleague of mine has gone missing in the close area and no one knows where they might have gone” Eric glared back getting why I was asking.
“I see” I sighed, it seemed like when one thing went good twenty other things went terribly bad.
“Jude here has decided to help us out and contacted some of his wolf friends in Mississippi to help as well, I am counting on you Bill and his fledgling Jessica, if there is anyone else you think could be of help do let me know” Eric was asking me.
“Well I know a shifter but he is busy a lot” I shrugged.
“Glamour him for all I care just get him to help” Oh great now I had to ask Sam to be on the dream hunting team, this was not going to go over well.
“Yes Sheriff” I snapped and walked out of Eric’s office, between being told what to do and having to be in the room with Eric and Jude I was having difficulties controlling my anger. Once outside I paced back and forth by my car running everything through my head. Jude. Eric. Here. I took out my cellphone and called Sookie, hopefully she was at work tonight.
“Hello?” She answered.
“Hey Sookie its Val, are you at work?” I asked and waited for a response.
“Yea, what’s up?” I could tell she was doing something else that was distracting her.
“Can I talk to Sam?” I asked, I knew she was going to be completely puzzled by my request.
“Um, sure, hold on a second” I heard her walking and then knock on Sam’s office door. The next thing I heard was Sam saying hello.
“Yea, Sam this is Valary the vampire” I was punching myself for saying that but I continued, “I was wondering if you would be interested in helping me and a few friend out with a problem we have?” I asked trying to sound as polite as I could when I was under so much stress.
“What kind of problem are we talking about” I could tell he didn’t seem to thrilled about my proposal, but I had to do what my damn sheriff said, damn.
“Well I don’t know if you have heard but there is a group of werewolves that are crossing the world and killing all supernaturals and you are the only shifter that I know of so it would be helpful to have a little of every supe” I explained, I waited a few seconds for a response and I was afraid that I had lost him but then he spoke.
“Yea I think I can help ya out, let me give you my cell number so when ya need me all ya gotta do is call” Sam rattled off his number and I wrote it down on my hand.
“Thanks Sam I really appreciate this” I tried to sound as sincerely as I could, I would have to buy this man a drink the next time I was in the bar, even though he got free ones all the time.
“Hopefully this clears all the negative past between us because you are a lovely woman Valary and I look forward to seeing you” With that Sam hung up the phone. Sam was sweet and I could tell he was fond of me but I felt as though it was a friendship fondness and he felt like he needed to protect me, which was comical but sweet nonetheless.
“Valary Dravenport, long time no see, no nothing actually what happened to you?” The voice was back and all I wanted to do was melt, damn.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 5 the wait for this chapter was a little shorter so hopefully everyone likes it.
Comments Appreciated =D