Status: In Progress

30 Years Past

Fleas and Ticks

“Oh how I’ve missed you Val” Eric smirked and turned toward the door, “By the way you look great and I will be waiting for you and your wolf outside you have ten minutes, and do feed your boy some flea meds I don’t want them in the car” Eric retorted back, I hissed and showed my fangs as he sauntered down the stairs and out the door.
“Seriously” I yelled out loud and marched into my closet throwing on some pirate looking camouflage pants, some high heeled combat boots, and a beige v neck t-shirt. I raced down the stairs and threw Jude his clothes telling him to get dressed. We walked out of my house with three minutes to spare and got into Eric’s car. We drove the whole way to Fangtasia in complete silence. When we walked into Fangtasia everyone was there waiting, I even spotted Sam and Alcide off in the corner of the room. Jude went off to sit with the werewolves as Eric and I went to sit at the head of the table with the vampires. I nodded to Pam and went waved at Bill and Jessica before Eric called the meeting to order. All of the different types of supernaturals were in their own section poor Sam was all alone in his shifter corner.
“This meeting has been called because my domain and the surrounding area is about to be under attack and no one is safe” Eric began, I watched the others in Fangtasia intently listen to every word Eric said. I was lost in my thoughts of what this area would have looked like if I had stayed and become sheriff when Bill tapped me on my shoulder.
“Wha?”I snapped out of my deep thoughts and thrashed around trying to figure out what had happened.
“The meeting is over, almost everyone has gone out to hunt, I had to stay because you’re my buddy” Bill explained.
“Really Eric is using the buddy system how original” I grumbled and got out of my chair stretching. I was really surprised that Eric hadn’t forced me to be in his group, but I guess he was really taking what I said into consideration.
After the hunt everyone met back at Fangtasia and we all mingled, it was very rare for all of these supernaturals to be in the same place. I walked over to Sam to see how he was doing and to thank him for actually showing up.
“Hey Valary, how are ya?” He asked taking a sip of his beer.
“I’m good, I can’t thank you enough for coming to this, I was ordered to call you when I even mentioned I knew a shifter, I wasn’t to excited about asking you let alone being forced to” I watched Sam’s expression change from polite to kind of hurt, “Oh I didn’t mean it like that, I just didn’t want to bother you with all this stuff, I’m now remembering why I didn’t stick around to become sheriff” I smiled and he eased up and relaxed. We stood there talking for a little bit and then we were interrupted by Jude coming over and wrapping his arms around my waist. I must have made a strange face because Sam immediately asked if everything was ok. After assuring him that all was good he politely left and gave us some privacy.
“Jude, what are you doing?” I turned in his arms to face him. Looking at him so closely I was taken back to the first time I met him and I was swept away by his charms.
“Val?” I was snapped back to reality and back to the fact that Jude was holding me and Eric was staring daggers at us.
“Listen Jude, last night was a mistake, I just got out of two very complicated relationships and I need some time to get my head straight and really think about what’s best for me. Don’t get me wrong it was really great to see you and I can’t think of a better reunion than last night but I need to figure things out for myself, I hope you understand” I backed away and touched his cheek gently and walked away toward the bar. I could see Eric out of the corner of my eye smirking. I was finally free of the two men that I would need to choose between and I had no idea what to do. I ordered another drink at the bar and sat alone drinking it, I wasn’t in the mood for any company but my house didn’t have a full bar that was free, My life was so not what I wanted it to be, when I was human I always dreamed of growing up and finding the perfect man to spend the rest of my life with and growing older with him, but here I was an immortal badass vampire that fell in love with three different men and is now having to suffer with the two best and narrow it down even more, what happened. I layed my head down in the bar countertop and just closed my eyes trying to erase everything that was racing through my head. Love, who ever said love was wonderful and bliss needs to die, because I’m hurt and lonely all because of love. What to do, I turned around on my seat and stared at the two men I would have to choose between, I knew deep down that I loved one more than the other, I would just have to figure out which one it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 8 is here, I really hope everyone is enjoying. I have found out the flowage problem so now to make it flow better i am writing it by hand in one long continuous story and going to break it up from there.
Hopefully that will make it more like the first and you all will like it more.
Comments Appreciated =D