‹ Prequel: Sherlock's Girl

The New Generation

John finds out.

John sat in work, about to call for the next patient when his mobile rang. He sighed when he saw the caller ID:
SAFF’s School
“Hello?” he asked as he picked up.
“Hello, Mr Watson, this is Sapphire’s school.” the voice down the phone said.
“Yes, I know. What is wrong?” John asked.
“Well, we called Mr Holmes, who has just come in and on his way through asked us to contact you. The reason Mr Holmes was called is because Sapphire discovered the dead body of one of our supply teachers.” The voice stumbled at the subject. John gasped at this.
"Okay, I am on my way I assume the police are already there?" he asked.
"Yes, they are here." The voice replied before John hung up. John grabbed his keys and coat and rushed out his office before knocking on Sarah's door in the next room.
"Come in" Sarah's voice came in through the door. John opened it, and stood in the door way.
Luckily Sarah had finished with her last patient and was typing up notes. "Oh, hello, John." She said from her computer desk.
"Hi Sarah. I am really sorry but I have to dash off, Saff's school just phoned me and needed to go." John said rushing his words.
Sarah looked at him, "Why can't Sherlock go?" she questioned.
John sighed he didn't want to have to explain, he wanted to get there quickly. "Umm Sherlock is there, they need both of us."
Sarah sighed and nodded "Okay you can go."
John thanked her before rushing out the door and out of the surgery and hailed a cab.
****
He arrived at Sapphire’s school 20 minutes later. He paid the cabbie before rushing into the front office.
“Hello, I am John Watson, I had a call from you saying Mr Holmes, Sapphire Doyle’s legal guardian asked for me to come here.” He said smiling at the receptionist.
The reception stared at him blankly for a while before it finally clicked. “Ahh, Mr Watson, yes. Mr Holmes just left, but could you take Sapphire home please. It has been a traumatic morning for her so it is for the best that she goes home.”
John nodded, he was let through and then was guided by the office lady to find Sapphire sitting against a wall with Anderson unconscious on the floor. The office lady just smiled and left.
John walked over to Sapphire, knelt down and took her by the shoulders, “Are you okay?” He asked looking at her pupils.
Sapphire swatted him away. “I am fine! When is someone picking up the idiot?” She sneered as Anderson stirred on the floor.
“I am sure someone is on their way now.” John said staring at Anderson, “By the way how did he end up unconscious?” he asked as he forced himself to look back at Sapphire, Anderson on the floor out cold was a very entertaining sight.
“Oh erm... long story… lets go home.” Sapphire said quickly, she stood up, grabbed her bag and started walking towards the main entrance.
John got up and followed. Once he caught up with her, he stood in front of her and blocked her path. “Tell me. What happened, now.” John demanded.
Sapphire rolled her eyes. “Fine. I warn you, you’re the one that wanted to know. Long story short, I nicked his gun after he insulted Sherlock; I pulled the trigger, after I removed the bullets of course. And the spineless idiot passed out.” Sapphire said, before barging past John.
John stood there speechless a moment, before running after Sapphire. As he walked beside Sapphire, John muttered to himself. “Yes very traumatising morning, poor Sapphire.”
Sapphire heard this, and smiled beside John and snickered, “Can we go home now?” she asked.
John sighed, “Yes, Saff, we can go home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There is a lot of jumping around in time in the next few chapters. So I apoligise if it is confusing. Let me know it it is too much of a problem and I will try and change it or explain it, if you want me to. But thanks for reading and please leave a review.