Status: In Progress

Alpha & Hunter

Hidden Meanings

When I walked into Constantine's room, everything was still. I frowned; something wasn't right. I examined everything, starting at the mini bar and ending at the massive red velvet bed in the back room. The air had a subtle staleness and it was obvious; Constant hadn't been here for some time, weeks even. Confused, I laid on the bed, nuzzling my face into one of the soft feather pillows. It smelled like him. I had been content to fall asleep right there, but something caught my eye. Raising my head, I saw an envelope on the nightstand. My name was scrawled on the front.

Sitting on the edge of the bed I grabbed the envelope with shaky fingers. My heart had crawled into my throat and my hoodie suddenly felt too warm for comfort. Much to my disappointment, the letter made little to no sense.

My dearest Gabriel,

Do not go searching for things that should not be searched for.

I will see you soon.

All my love,

Constantine

"Alright," I murmured under my breath. "That was fucking pointless." Taking the letter I lit a match to it and threw it in the fireplace, watching as the paper crumpled and turned to black ash. It dawned on me that no one else in the house was aware that Constantine was gone. Hell, even Lionus was oblivious.No on else came into Constantine's quarters for fear of having their spine snapped.

As I descended the stairs to the main floor, I decided I would find Ezio and try to wring the truth out of him. Being the House's messenger, he knew everything. Even things he wasn't supposed too. The fact that he was terrified of me would aid in my ability to get him to talk.

The main lounge was a large, elegant room with marble floors, dark velvet furniture, and a roaring fireplace that cast warm rays of light into every corner. As I walked in, everyone sitting in the lounge went quiet. They stared at me with surprised expressions, even fear. My eyes darkened and those who were gawking averted their attention, resuming their conversations. I scanned the room quickly and found my target. Grabbing the his collar, I dragged Ezio into a back room.

Lifting him up with one arm I slammed his back against the wall, a harsh growl lingering on my lips.

"Where's Constantine?!" I snarled, my grip tightening.

"I-I don't know! He's here, isn't he?"

My patience had run thin. With a few swift movements I threw the messenger against the floor, the impact leaving cracks in the marble. I snapped my jaws near his face, another chilling growl escaping me.

"Where's Constantine? I'm not going to ask again." I threatened, snaking both my hands around his thin neck. The fear in Ezio's eyes was so painfully obvious and mixed with tears I almost felt guilty, but the feeling vanished instantly.

"O-okay! He went to Romania on private business. That's all I know, I swear!" Ezio knew better than to try and lie to me twice. Standing up, I turned to leave and then snapped my teeth at him again, causing him to flinch and tremble. The idea that everyone in the House feared me was amusing, and at the same time not very comforting. Sometimes I forgot who I truly was inside.

But why was Constantine in Romania, of all places? I needed to talk to Lionus.