‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#12

"So you're saying that what we thought was actually right?" Asked the interviewer from an online magazine from the other side of the phone.

"Yes. That is exactly what I'm saying. I have a son that is four years old and he's still in the hospital right now." Jack answered the question with no doubt.

"What about you? Are you staying in Virginia or are you coming back to Maryland to do your hometown show?"

"I'm definitely going to catch up with the boys for our show tomorrow night, but that is after Shane could get out of this spooky place. Its scary here, though. Seriously."

The All Time Low members were with Jack the whole time he answered some questions the interviewer from a lot of different online magazines or music websites asked him about Shane's appearance in his life and it brought Savannah to tears realizing how much Jack and the band sacrificed for her.

"Sshh, don't cry." Jack mouthed to Savannah. "I'm sorry what were you saying?" He asked back to his phone.

This one, Jack was on the phone with the interviewer from Alternative Press and he was quiet confused when he heard the question the girl from the other line of the phone was asking. For the first time in the entire phone calls for interviews, Jack put his phone on speaker. Letting his band mates hears this one question.

"Can you repeat it once more?" Jack asked, biting his own lip.

"Okay, Jack." She giggled. "Fatherhood clearly aint something easy. I bet a lot of people are congratulating you, but some are hating this fact. How would you prevent your new little family from getting hurt for what people has to say about them? And more importantly, how does this fact affect all time low? Will you guys like be one of those bands that takes hiatus?"

Jack went quiet. He was confused. This question was similar to a bunch of other interviewers, but none of them ever mentioned anything about fatherhood. Jack took a glance at Savannah who was looking up to him expected an answer, sadly Jack barely had one.

"All Time Low will always be a band. Just because Jack has a kid doesn't mean he's not the Jack Barakat we know. He's still the Jack to my existence. Jalex is still here." Alex answered the broke the ice.

"Its nice to hear you say something, Alex. But I still have some questions. This one is about your latest record, Dirty Work. The record was a turn down for a lot of hustlers, don't you think this fact would brought you guys down even worse?"

"Even if it happens the way you thought it would, then we're taking the fall together. As a whole band. We're not leaving one of us behind, not ever. And for right now, negativity is the last thing we need." Zack took a say on the interview.

"So you guys will just do a regular All Time Low gig and live up with this fact?"

"That's pretty much it. Thanks for the super sweet interview girl. You'll be hearing a lot from us." Rian ended the interview and hang up.

Jack found himself smiling toward his friends' comment on the questions he couldn't answer. In fact, he found himself sobbing silently during the phone interview. He didn't expect answers like that but he was more than glad to found ones. Jack knew he was blessed the moment the band was formed.

Just then, a nurse came out of Shane's room and told Jack and Savannah to come inside because Shane wanted them to be there. Turned out it was in time the doctor had to remove all the hospital equipment on Shane's body and it freaked the little boy out. Jack smiled at him when he looked into Shane's scared eyes as he walked up to him and held tight the boy's hand.

Meanwhile Savannah, she stood right next to Jack, but was closer to Shane's head. Shane loves it when his mother rubbed on top of his head whenever he feels so anxious. Shane loves it the way Jack does too. That one was definitely genetic.

Outside, Flyzik was busy with his phone that hadn't seem to stop buzzing. He got Jack and the band a talk on a radio show, the Gunz show and they should air sometime soon, later that evening. Which means they were probably arrived at Baltimore already.

"I got you guys a radio show. Tonight, 10 pm. Gunz show." Flyzik sighed. "I promise its the last interview for him and you guys regarding to this little problem." He added.

"He's got more than he could probably take. We got to keep it cool for him, Matt." Alex said calmly, standing up and let Matt took his seat.

"I need to keep it cool. The AP interviewer got me with her question about dirty work."

"Our record will be just fine, we'll have our control at this back. You have to chill out. This one will require a little more swings than our usual daily trouble, but like other shits, we'll get through this as a band." Rian comforted Matt who was almost losing his head.

Matt wanted to lose it but he couldn't because Jack, Savannah, and Shane just came out of Shane's room. The little guy was walking and smiling when he saw his father's friends waiting for him. The first one he hugged was his aunt Riley and Zack, followed by Alex, Rian, and Matt. They had a time to race, so they wasted no more time.

The other All Time Low crews were on their way to Baltimore just right after the venue was cleared out last night with a van, but the band insisted to stay with Jack because one and other reasons, which perfectly work out.

The ride back to Baltimore was a little awkward. Nobody said a word about anything and one barely has the gut to break the ice. Everyone looked busy doing their own stuff that turned to be nothing. Savannah fell asleep on Jack's bunk with Shane curling up next to her, and Jack was glad they were there with him.

Jack walked up to the front of the bus where Flyzik was sitting with his face covered with his very own hat. Jack knew how much Flyzik was under a pressure because of his personal matter.

"What are you doing?" Flyzik asked as he took his hat off his face.

"I'd like to thank you. I'm so grateful I have you as my band's manager and best friend. Thanks for helping me living my life and keeping up with my dreams, dude." Jack smiled.

"There are things that matter more than just fame and screaming fangirls, Barakat. We'll through this. Just like what Alex and your band mates believe. Stick with the plan." Matt said before deciding to fall back asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please pardon my grammatical error :/
I wanted to make a chapter that connects more with you guys, but I'm not sure if this one works out that way.. However, Enjoy!

-Amelia