‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#19

The tour was already over. The band was now back to the states, and school for Shane had once again started. Things had gone back to normal. Shane going back to school, Savannah taking her and made a couple of friends with some moms too, but never really got things carried away. Savannah now knew there were boundaries those moms cannot pass, and will never she let them pass the line.

The bell rang, Savannah was already outside of Shane’s school when she feels this sudden urge to empty her stomach and she did. She ran to her car and bent down when she suddenly feels the tiny hands – Shane’s – wrapping around her shoulder from the back. Savannah turned around only to find Shane staring at her with a sympathetic look.

“Mommy, are you okay?” He asked sounding and looking so concern.

“I didn’t know you came out already.” Savannah lit a smile. “its okay, Shane. I’m definitely okay. Don’t worry about mommy.” She added as she put a kiss on Shane’s forehead.

The drive home was never a dull thing for Savannah. she loves the way Shane wont stop talking about how awesome his day was at school learning new stuff as if she doesn’t know those things. Shane would repeat all of his lessons at school, teaching his mother this new stuff he learned.

“Daddy!” Shane called out his dad the moment he walked into his living room.

“Hey buddy!” Jack caught his little guy as he lifted him to the air. “Get changed! We’re going to have the best lunch ever!” he grinned as he placed a kiss on Savannah’s forehead. “And what do I have here? What’s with the pale face, love?”

Savannah shrugged at Jack’s question as she tried to recall anything she ate earlier that. But she couldn’t recall eating anything unusual. As she shrugged the thoughts to the back of her mind, she felt Jack’s breath on her neck as she smiled and turned to face the taller guy.

“Come on, tell me…” Jack said, leaning closer to Savannah as she lit a smile and turn to see Shane covering his face with his two tiny hands.

“I’m fine, Jack. Chill out okay? But… Can you stay in tonight? After lunch, don’t just go back to your apartment. Stay over, okay?” She whispered as Jack nodded in agreement.

*****

“No, Alex, I cant. I'm at Van’s!” Jack sighed as he hang up the phone.

“Another party invitation?” Savannah asked as she raised her eyebrows and put the dirty dishes over the sink. “Shane, you can get yourself ready for bed, right? Mommy’s tired..” She sighed as she leaned against the drawer.

Shane ran all the way to his room as Jack raised his eyebrows. Savannah never let her son off alone. But instead of arguing over why in the world does Savannah looks exhausted, Jack stood up and made his way to Shane’s room and read the little boy one of his favorite bed time stories, Peter Pan, thanks to his uncle Alex.

Jack was finally done when he went back to the kitchen but couldn’t find Savannah anywhere there, so he knew she must have gone to bed. He entered Savannah’s room only to find the girl was puking her dinner on the bathroom sink.

“You’re definitely not okay, Van!” Jack rushed to the bathroom as he massaged Savannah’s neck gently.

“Yeah, says a guy who turned down his best friend’s party invitation.” Savannah retorted and Jack scoffed in disbelief, he didn’t sign up for this argument.

“Van, what the hell?” Jack raised his eyebrows, knowing something wasn’t at it’s place. “I’m sorry I haven’t been around that much, okay? I’m sorry I cant be the stay at home kind of dad for Shane. I'm trying my best, but why are you giving me…” Before jack could finish, savannah emptied her stomach once again.

Jack knew something was up so he didn’t continue the word. Instead, he was being pretty patient that he himself was surprised.

“Done?” Jack asked with one of those tones that makes Savannah’s heart flutter.

“Yeah.” She looked up to Jack and lit a sympathetic smile. “Sorry I was being a bitch at you.” She added as she walked out of the bathroom and slid off her jeans to change onto sweatpants.

“Feels good, doesn’t it?” Jack chuckled, motioning the sweatpants as he himself changed onto one of those comfortable pants and pull his phone out. “Just booked an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I’ll drive Shane to school, you’re going to lie back, and relax. Goodnight van.” Jack said, killing the light, slide under the blanket and kissed the top of Savannah’s head
♠ ♠ ♠
It's coming to an end soon!
Give me some feedback, yes? :D
Enjoy reading this though!

-Amelia